Anybody looking for a high end processor, look here

Awesome processor, just looked up the specs on it.

I'm still using the old ones at the moment.

The I series are the ones being pushed but unless you've got the I7 Extreme it's a bit of a con.

Most of them are just dual core processors and of course it's new to get you to part with your money I guess.

Some of the crap machines out there they're trying to get rid of, market slump init!

Screenshot_17.png

Awesome processor, just looked up the specs on it.

I'm still using the old ones at the moment.

The I series are the ones being pushed but unless you've got the I7 Extreme it's a bit of a con.

Most of them are just dual core processors and of course it's new to get you to part with your money I guess.
Some of the crap machines out there they're trying to get rid of, market slump init!

View attachment 73051

Not sure what you mean, i3 are dual core, i5 are quad core and i7 are quad with HT or above.

Hi there.

I could find out for you all the I series specs, but the Dell I5 laptop I had was only 2 core however some have 3 or 4 and the I7 extreme has 6
running with turbo boost on at 4Ghz.

I think the main advantage is direct access to memory, direct video through the processor and far lower heat output.

Morning BTW.

Hi there.

I could find out for you all the I series specs, but the Dell I5 laptop I had was only 2 core however some have 3 or 4 and the I7 extreme has 6
running with turbo boost on at 4Ghz.

I think the main advantage is direct access to memory, direct video through the processor and far lower heat output.

Morning BTW.

For older i5, there were some dual core ones now they have pretty much standardised with ivy bridge range. There are also the K range of desktop CPU which are clock unlocked to allow easier over clocking and they also feature faster integrated graphics (not on PAR with AMD chip for graphics though). The Xeon also loses out on Quick Sync for transcoding but gains some VT technology for better virtualisation, guess they are aimed as server chips so that would make sense.

Hi bud.

I've heard of the K range but I didn't know the AMD chips were better at handling graphics though.

I just like HP work stations, when this one dies I'm going to have a ceremony and bury it in the back garden LOL.

Back