Turn PC media center into satellite receiver

MartyMacfly

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps.
I hope that I am posting in the right section. Please mods move it in appropriate one if necessary.

I am in the middle of a project.
I am currently building a media centre using an ITX motherboard. Those are small motherboards and therefore they don't offer huge numbers of PCI slot ...just one. This slot will be used for a dedicated graphic card.
I have come across the possibility to get around this issue by using a usb satellite tuner such as Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-USB2 or else.
What suggestions can you make that will not be to expensive as well. I will be watching hotbird mainly and doing PVR as well as cccam as client.
My set up so far is as follow:
Asus p8z77i deluxe mini itx
intel i5 3570k
4GB Crucial BL25664BA133
SANDISK SSD SATA III 2.5" 128GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE
Graphic card ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7770
I will be running the system on Windows 7 ultimate or 8.
All internet connection will be wired
Many thanks for your help and suggestions.
Marty

you can use a pci riser card to get 2 slots and use a proper sat card

whats up with a onboard hdmi on the itx board . if its a media center should handle all you need

also what size of power supply is in there itx case . most are about 150-200 watt so may struggle to power the graphics card

also what size of power supply is in there itx case . most are about 150-200 watt so may struggle to power the graphics card

I think you are right. there is nothing wrong with my HDMI and I think it will be enough.
So do you have any suggestions. I need a PCI 3.0 0r 2.0 twin tuner satellite card (no terrestrial tv). Just to correct it I will be watching Hotbird 13e and Astra 28e.
Many thanks for your help.
Marty

Back