cam & card advice

emmanneil

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i am just getting used to this so please be nice
i got a 1.8M dish that is motorised in my garden and i live in cyprus, currently on astra B,C etc etc.
when i finally figure out how to set up the motor side of it, i am looking at watching $howtime on nilesat 101/102 on 7W and some other channels i know that these are irdeTo ,the question that i am after is what is a CAM and a CCCAM ? and if i get an irdeto cam and a viaccess CAM will i need two seperate cards for each . any advice that anyone can give would be great, PM me if you like

Regards:banana:

Hi m8,

little more info on what receiver you have,official cams help cards take updates better but most boxes ive used are multi card readers so had no probs with updates.......

i have a dm500-s and no cards as of yet, got gemini installed at the moment, what do you think is the best CAM & card to get, also does CCCAM require anything or is this AU ? with K*ys etc
any help/advice is great

could start by making sure you have latest image and CCam files,i have an eagle box which is a clone of yours,files i have installed is eagle image v4 and CCcam 2.0.9,as for cards all depends on what you want too watch and how much you can afford,other option is card sharing path which cant really be talked about openly on the forum.........

Last edited:
well i want to watch nilesat with is done with irdeto also $howtime on greeknova, so which CAM/card will i need

Back