Cable sub card in dreambox

Cardserver has to be started first. Starting 2 programms from the same telnet window one after the other is not so a good idea. Beside that only cardserver is responsible for the card.

its ok because if you were to look at it if you were running it as a script it would when the box reboot but if they dont want to try it then thats ok here is whaty you should get when you do any of them even try the killall cardserver then on next line to /var/bin/cardserver let us know what you get

had to do my m8s head in to get this to lol its as well he went to bed and let me log in from my place and set it up on his box

Last edited:
also if you can you try setting it with newcamd 5.28 thats what i used and it worked

Ok
telnet doesn't seem to work only get
-sh: var/bin/cardserver: not found
But if i use tuxbox commander var>bin>cardserver ok select red button i get
card I/O reset.
Card I/O reset failed

btw thanks for the help so far i do need lots of it

were we have serial port set to 0 i think try and set to 1 and see what that dose also how much different is the file system in a 600 as i have never seen it is it the same as a 500

i am also woundering on the version of newcamd this ur using 5.28? ours is version 6. anyone got version 5.28?

here you go try that and see is it any better also i had to put the .tar.gz file in to a file and rar that as it would not let me upload it it as a .tar.gz so make sure you take that file out then load to your box

i am also woundering on the version of newcamd this ur using 5.28? ours is version 6. anyone got version 5.28?

The newcamd packages from gemini for the 600 box are exactly preconfigured.
If you change anything you will botch the whole thing.
The only thing which is missing is the line with the boxkey. This line is set to commentary with a # and you have to copy or move that line to the last line in the cardserv.cfg. remove the # at the beginning and overwrite the boxkey with the boxkey of your card.

Ok these are my results:
Newcamd
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/keylist couldn't be opened.
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/ppua couldn't be opened.
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/rsakeylist couldn't be opened.
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/tpscrypt couldn't be opened.
nagra au supports rom 7 10 11.
keys & roms loaded.
cws uds:0: connection failed.
cardserver
card I/O reset.
Card I/O reset failed

Brother Inlaws working newcamd
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/ppua couldn't be opened.
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/rsakeylist couldn't be opened.
Warning: file /var/tuxbox/scce/tpscrypt couldn't be opened.
nagra au supports rom 7 10 11.
keys & roms loaded.
server: 127.0.0.1:10001.
userid: 1(EMM enabled)
caid: 1800 .
cardNo: 0000000012345678.
prov 005e01: 0000000012345678.
prov 005f01: 0000000012345678.

cardserver
card 0/0 reset.
card 0/0 Init Nagravision card.
card 0/0 caid 1800.
card 0/0 listening on port 10001

The newcamd packages from gemini for the 600 box are exactly preconfigured.
If you change anything you will botch the whole thing.
The only thing which is missing is the line with the boxkey. This line is set to commentary with a # and you have to copy or move that line to the last line in the cardserv.cfg. remove the # at the beginning and overwrite the boxkey with the boxkey of your card.

look why i said to use a different newcamd is because i could not get it to work with the new one and every time i did it with the old it worked even look its seeing the card i can give you a working image now for a 500 that will read a card this is how i know it works there is some thing about the new newcamd that dont work with n1 it can be funny there should be away to get it to work but it dont its like newcs has n1 support in it but have never been able to get it to work with it and i have tryed lots of stuff with it and never got it to work i can even see it seeing the card say ok and let some one log into it but still it dont work

Last edited:
Ok these are my results:
cardserver

card I/O reset.
Card I/O reset failed

Either you botched the config file, the cardreader is faulty or your inserted the card the wrong way.
Did you use tuxbox commander for editing the cardserv.cfg file?

and if you have a blocker on the card it might give you probs use a card that has nothing done to it as in as it is and see will it read it i dont know the file lay out of a 600 but if you set it up with the config that is posted it will work so there has tobe some thing wrong and after some reading you can use the old newcamd no probs with it just put new image on then load the old newcamd and it should be ok to work with

Either you botched the config file,
wont rule that out
the cardreader is faulty
dont know how to check that
or your inserted the card the wrong way.
No in the right way. Also backed up his card both work in his box so nothing wrong with either card
Did you use tuxbox commander for editing the cardserv.cfg file?
yes noticed if i use the edit feature in flashfxp i get little boxes at the end of every line in the configs.

i now have this working again on a 500 and it will only work with newcamd 5.28 if i use what you are using it wont work so there is some thing different with what you are using and if you want me to prove it ill set it up as a share and let you link to it so if your config is as it is in my post then there is some thing different about a 600 file lay out

i now have this working again on a 500 and it will only work with newcamd 5.28 if i use what you are using it wont work so there is some thing different with what you are using and if you want me to prove it ill set it up as a share and let you link to it so if your config is as it is in my post then there is some thing different about a 600 file lay out

2tone thanks a million will try newcamd 5.28 that you posted do i have to manual install it?

In the newcamd file you posted i noticed a file Newcamd.emu havent seen this file in newcamd6.10?

Last edited:
At Last Its Working

Ok
A BIG : thanks : to 2tone for staying with me on this one if it wasn't for his help I would have hit the :beer: never to be seen again. I tried your newcamd5.28 but it would only go so far then stop.
tried a few diff settings but no joy.

Also mgb:thnks: your input also helped & I know your going to love the how it ends.

This is how I got it working:

1: Flashed latest Gemini Image to the box.

2: Copyed over to the tmp folder newcamd_6.02_cardserver & newcamd-config-beta_6.02.

3: Edited the cardserve.config file in var>tuxbox>config>newcamd.

4: Restarted newcamd_cardserver6.02

And the channels cleared instantly.

So lesson learned here is stay with it try everything & with help from the likes of 2tone & mgb you will get there.

But this still asks the question why the hell newcamd6.10 wont work

think im getting close - could someone look at my logs just see if there is anything obvious

Just to clarify using DM600 and Jade

Newcamd 5.28

cheers

what i found was there is some thing about some of the cams out there newcs has n1 support in it but will not work dont know what it is it reads the card ok but just dont work , you can also set it now to use mgcamd and also use evocam

think im getting close - could someone look at my logs just see if there is anything obvious

Just to clarify using DM600 and Jade

Newcamd 5.28

cheers
Could you post your cardserve.config file & i will match it against mine?

Also have a look in var folder is the joilet file there? is there anything in it?

Back