Cable sub card in dreambox

Looks like you have put roms and key files in to that image so i would flash again and only put newcamd and newcamd card server on it as it will read of the card flash again

@manics
Cardserver and newcamd have to run simultaneously.
You need a image which start first cardserver and than newcamd. At a gemini image you can start newcamd with cardserver via the blue button menu.
Telnet to your box, killall cardserver and than start cardserver again. Now you can see if the card is beeing detected.

Looks like you have put roms and key files in to that image so i would flash again and only put newcamd and newcamd card server on it as it will read of the card flash again

I have been using a softcam ie evocamd previously - instead of reflashing would just deleting the romms form scce suffice?

thank u guys you help with this is appreciated :Clap:

The rom's doesn't matter. Due to your log there are no keyfiles for newcamd anyway.
Either your image don't start both cardserver and newcamd or your card is simply not working.

on any image i used at the time you had to start one then the other now there is away to get them to run in the image if the box has to be turned of then on but never did it as i only did it to see it working also i have see were there was probs with the roms and key files being in the image there is no need for them in there as the card is what you will be useing

also i have a 500 that i got for an hour or two so ill set it up and try and remember what i had to do to get it working as from what you can see in that log its not even seeing the card it will say what the card is when it is running

Last edited:
ill have another go later have to go out ill keep you posted thanks again

have to run out but this is the sort of thing you should get in telnet othere thing is you should only need to edit cardserver as its your box that will only be reading the card ill try and sort the rest out tomorrow

from a working linxu server
[cardserver 20:23:27] compiled Mar 24 2006, 19:29:51
[cardserver 20:23:27] Card 0/0 reset
[cardserver 20:23:28] Card 0/0 init Nagravision card
[cardserver 20:23:30] Sat Feb 28 20:23:30 GMT 2009
[cardserver 20:23:30] Card 0/0 caid 1800
[cardserver 20:23:30] Card 0/0 listening on port 10000
[cardserver 20:23:30] network port 14000 open: bind: Address already in use
[cardserver 20:23:30] network port 14001 open: bind: Address already in use
[cardserver 20:23:30] network port 14002 open: bind: Address already in use
tony@tony-desktop:~$ [cardserver 20:23:30] Sat Feb 28 20:23:30 GMT 2009
[cardserver 20:23:30] Connection from 00.0.00.00:00000 to 192.168.1.2:10000
[cardserver 20:23:30] Card 0/0 Login accepted: 2tone

Last edited:
@2tone

any ideas to get this running on a 600?

You wrote at page 1 of this thread you installed a gemini image and the newcamd files plus newcamd config files.
Where is the problem?
You have to add the line with the boxkey to the cardserv.cfg and enable newcamd cardserver in the blue button menu and start the thing.
If you start newcamd betad or newcamd spider nothing happens.

just a few questions regarding card to see if thats the problem, im using a romm11 thinks its got a blocker not sure if thats going to cause a problem?

You wrote at page 1 of this thread you installed a gemini image and the newcamd files plus newcamd config files.
Where is the problem?
Yes correct but was getting nothing at all not even a cainfo file in tmp folder.
You have to add the line with the boxkey to the cardserv.cfg and enable newcamd cardserver in the blue button menu and start the thing.
Did exactly that.
If you start newcamd betad or newcamd spider nothing happens.
nothing here either.

So I installed a fresh copy of Gemini 4.6 >downloaded newcamd & newcamd.config via blue button > Started cam & nothing only I now have file cainfo in tmp folder but reads
"cant decode"

are your cards working
Yes borrowed brother inlaws works in his dreambox

as i said before im more than sure if you use a blocker image it might be a problem all you have todo that has been said is put image on download newcamd emu and newcamd config when you have these goto cardserver config in dcc and edit it var/tuxbox/config were you see the 00 00 00 put your bk in as you see it on your card must be a working one and try with out blocker also if the gemini image is doing what i any of the images did when i tryed this you have to start newcamd cardserver nds then start newcamd as the cardserver has to start first and im more than sure you have to change stuff in the images to tell this files to run in the order you need if you do a reboot of your receiver

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Can you please confirm settings for a DM600:

serial_port = ?
tcp_port = ?

Also in tmp folder the following files are :
cainfo.txt = "cant decode"
.listen.camd.socket folder is empty.
gdeamon.socket folder is empty.
hotplug.socket folder is empty.
mml.socket folder is empty.
newcamd-uds.socket folder is empty.
newcamd.pid = 760
pmt = cant read contents with tuxbox commander

Last edited:
serial port should be 1 as its the same as a 500 one card reader let me look about and see

What telnet commads can i use to see if the box is reading the card?
Does it make any diff if i just use the laptop>start>cmd>telnet ip address

What telnet commads can i use to see if the box is reading the card?
Does it make any diff if i just use the laptop>start>cmd>telnet ip address

Telnet to the box, user-id is root and password is dreambox, type killall cardserver and enter button, type cardserver and than enter button.

Last edited:
ok try this in telnet shit this has done my head it lol go in to telnet and type

killall newcamd then on next line do killall cardserver

when that is done do this

/var/bin/newcamd then /var/bin/cardserver

Last edited:
Back