## C10d - SS4.1 Enigtrino2 ##

Thanks for your good work as always Al. Was looking forward to giving this a try, sounds fascinating having a dual boot dbox, but its no go for me. 3 times i had to reflash it as i kept getting Kein Systems on rebooting. All i did was install the image, added the sbconv and shellexec, then the localtime, the "extra" files and my Services and Bouquets. But on rebooting the dreaded "Kein System" appeared. Eventually went back to Commando 10. Did read right through this whole thread first so hopefully i havent missed anything or done anything stupid but i wouldnt rule that out!

Hmmm, that's a strange one! Maybe the enigtrino2 you downloaded was corrupted? Try it again from a fresh download, m8. Or perhaps you're converting from 2x to 1x and this wasn't the full shilling? If so- try that over again.

There's nothing in the files you're adding that could possibly cause a Kein System - so it's got to be something basic.

Cheers- AL :)

Thanks Al ill download and try again. Didnt think anything i was installing could be causing the problem, ill give it a try later. Thanks m8.

Well i downloaded again and tried to install through "image Upgrade / Backup" Blue Button and it froze when flashing again. Reboot and got the dreaded Kein System once again. Reflashed with IFA again, installed the files and this time it seems to have stayed on :) All seems to be working fine, im very impressed. Your a legend Al, never thought i would see a dual booting Dbox!

This advice applies to ALL images running Long EPG:

Always REBOOT BEFORE reflashing an Image!!! I've had this problem a few times now- and believe it's to do with the amount of EPG Cache held in TMPFS memory. A reboot wipes this clean, of course.

This image is geat! its a two for one deal....
thanks guys fo the good work:Clap::Clap:

Thank you for the great image i saw other mates use it and thought i will aswell, very clear picture quality and much more advance settings for users to play around with. A++

Hi
just a quick thankyou to all the lads that helped make this great image added AL,s enigma epg fix converted services very smooth image once again thanks
cheers johny48

To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Black Tuesday (when rom7 was subjected to a cowardly and vicious terrorist attack, with g*box and newcamd getting mortally wounded in collateral damage)- AL proudly presents:

Enigtrino2 !! Commando 10d Laid Bare and SS-Enigma 4.1 Skinny - both in the same JFFS2 image!

Hi

I've tried to download the image as attached to the original post but DigitalWorldz tells me that I'm not authorised to do this.
I've search for an enigtrino image in the "Downloads" section but to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction to download this image please.

Thanks

Hi

I've tried to download the image as attached to the original post but DigitalWorldz tells me that I'm not authorised to do this.
I've search for an enigtrino image in the "Downloads" section but to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction to download this image please.

Thanks

post a few more useful posts, not too sure how many maybe 5 or 10 or more then u may have sum luck......u could try intoducing urself first - this counts as 1

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/who-you.html

joined apr 2008 and first post??

Flashed this image a few days ago & have been using the Commando side of it, didn't really like the SS-Enigma 4.1 as it didn't seem as flexible as Commando although graphicly it was very good to look at.

First massive improvement from using v+ 2.1 is the loading of the epg loads within a few mins which i'm impressed with.

A few other little changes here & there like when you set a timer it now shows a little yellow dot next to the program you've set are small but welcome improvements.

Well done guys :pimp:

Two things that i do miss are Tuxbox Commander & the Teletext plug-in i don't suppose there is any chance i could squeeze these in there is there?

I know they're probably not two of the most popular things that people use but i use them both all the time & find them very useful.

I tried to install the teletext plug-in myself as i did in v+ 2.1 but for some reason couldn't get it to show up in the blue button menu.

Cheers.

Ie flashed this image and prefer the Commando side of it too. When trying the enigma side of it I couldnt turn the audio up or down! It was also set to 4:3 screen settings! Any ideas how to solve this guys? No issues on Commanod side by the way!

You can 'lift' TuxCom and TuxText straight out of \/+ 2.1 m8. Just remember to mimic the same folder paths, and 755 the .so executables. Also, TuxText requires a couple of dedicated Fonts, which you'll find in /share/fonts

Once you get the plugins working in C10d- they'll also work in SS4.1 too! (short press of the Blue button).

Screen Format:

C10d- dbox > Settings > 1
SS4.1 - dbox > 6 > 3 > 2

Eazypeezy... Cheers- AL :)

Cheers i did everything correct the first time but nothing would work without adding a folder that i'd overlooked.

What i did to add the teletext plugin:

Took the files from V+ 2.1 then

Created tuxtxt folder in /var/tuxbox/config/ copy tuxtxt.conf & tuxtxt2.conf chmod 755

Copy tuxtxt.cfg tuxtxt.conf tuxtxt.so to /lib/tuxbox/plugins chmod 755

First time round i missed adding this:
Created tuxtxt folder in /var/ copy tuxtxt.conf & tuxtxt.otb chmod 755

Works a treat now.

Also got Tuxbox Commander working by taking 02tuxcom.cfg & 02tuxcom.so from V+ 2.1 & adding them to /lib/tuxbox/plugins then chmod 755 both files then reboot & that worked fine too.

Pleased that i have them both back :)

Thanks for your help.:Cheers:

For future reference you only need to chmod 755 the .so files:)

Ie flashed this image and prefer the Commando side of it too. When trying the enigma side of it I couldnt turn the audio up or down! It was also set to 4:3 screen settings! Any ideas how to solve this guys? No issues on Commanod side by the way!

If you couldn't get the audio to adjust, then it cos you got the scart lead in the wrong socket! Change the scart from video socket to TV socket.

If you can't change from 4:3 then it's cos AL didn't use my remote file grrrrr, odly enough the volume buttons will change the 4:3 setting if you try again!

Once you done that, try changing the video to rgb for a far better picture!

SS

True- I made the Neutrino Classic R/C Key map default in Enigtrino, so it's a closer match for when peeps switch to and fro from C10d to SS4.

But screen res changes easy enough- I did this yesterday for my new 22" 16x9 LCD TV cum monitor, changing it from the old 4:3 to 16:9 using the Vol +/- keys as you say. And yes- RGB is by far the best picture quality!

If you couldn't get the audio to adjust, then it cos you got the scart lead in the wrong socket! Change the scart from video socket to TV socket.

If you can't change from 4:3 then it's cos AL didn't use my remote file grrrrr, odly enough the volume buttons will change the 4:3 setting if you try again!

Once you done that, try changing the video to rgb for a far better picture!

SS

'remote file' ??? Where can I find that mate?

I can change the volume using the remote AND change the screen size from 4:3 to widescreen easily using the commando image mate....

The 'remote' file is one you don't want to mess with, m8- unless you need some practice on recovering from a non-bootable dBox with IFA, LOL! So I'm gonna keep it's name and location top secret!

And in any case, no matter which R/C mode is selected (Enigma or Neutrino) for SS4, the Vol +/- remote control keys are the same! So you've either done something in Settings that you're not telling us about, or it's a bad flash- try reflashing again?

The 'remote' file is one you don't want to mess with, m8- unless you need some practice on recovering from a non-bootable dBox with IFA, LOL! So I'm gonna keep it's name and location top secret!

And in any case, no matter which R/C mode is selected (Enigma or Neutrino) for SS4, the Vol +/- remote control keys are the same! So you've either done something in Settings that you're not telling us about, or it's a bad flash- try reflashing again?

I must have not done the settings right then mate! Im not re-flashing becasue im happy with the image (commando side of it anyway) and it seems better than my old laky pro so I'll have another play around!

Back