## C10d - SS4.1 Enigtrino2 ##

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
To celebrate the 1st Anniversary of Black Tuesday (when rom7 was subjected to a cowardly and vicious terrorist attack, with g*box and newcamd getting mortally wounded in collateral damage)- AL proudly presents:

Enigtrino2 !! Commando 10d Laid Bare and SS-Enigma 4.1 Skinny - both in the same JFFS2 image!

The download rar contains the 2x Image (use Image Converter to convert it to 1x Flash w/o Bootloader format, if you're one of those sad Sagem 1x owners)- and also the 3 readme files for 'the story so far' - all in pdf format. These cover SS-Engima 4, all flavours of Commando 10, and my original Enigtrino release notes.

I've packaged it like this because some sites (like Digital Kaos and Techno-Source) only allow one attachment. It's FTA as released, so contains no emus, keys, nor roms. For testing, please don't wade in like a bull in a china shop and start adding your own stuff in. This file contains everything you might need (and no more!):

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
New features

First thing you'll notice as the C10d BootInfo screen appears is LraiZer's new LCD Bootmenu! This gives you a choice of Commando 10 or SS-Enigma4 at boot up! More on this later, but for now- please allow C10 to boot, so we can look at some of the new Blue Button stuff...

systemmenu.png

Note item 2- my new 'fast-track' method of creating a Flash w/o Bootloader backup image. Also works in a Telnet session, if you just type backup (nb- always carry out a reboot before making a backup, as this clears the EPG cache).​

New item on the Yellow button, so let's have a decko at that...​

epgprefs.png

Look at the Green button! Yes- this is FreddyFrog's latest Tri-mode sectionsd having it's premiere!! For all you guys who struggled with the different types of epgfilter in the past- this new feature is what you've been looking for!! For the more experienced users, you can still choose a 'Selective' epg filter by pressing Yellow for this menu:​

7daymenu.png

You'll also be pleased to know that the previous bug, which caused the cam to die in EPG Standard mode, now seems to have vanished.​

Assuming you already have a decent set of neutrino services and bouquets, then use them to overwrite my 'pure' 5401 files. If you don't, then Set Your Location, allow the reboot- then do a Fast Scan. Then we can look at the final exciting innovation in Enigtrino2...​

From the first System Menu, press Blue for 'Enigtrino Treats':​

treats.png

(nb: the G*box item is not in the release image, but comes with a Support pack in the +pack file mentioned earlier).​

The new Red button is a demonstration of UkCvs Image Feedback in action! Someone suggested this as a useful idea- so cydine kindly (and brilliantly) scripted it. So I've left the Enigma services and bouquets totally blank this time around, to give you the chance to try this out. Which is why I said to stay in Commando mode, LOL! Once your stuff has been copied to Enigma, this menu item becomes de-activated.​

*** An interesting discovery was made during dev & testing this feature: cydine's end took under 2 mins to complete, but my end was taking 20 mins plus. Dicovered the culprit- I was using a compressed busybox file, he wasn't. I found that once I'd switched to the usual full-size busybox file, his script now only took 1 min 6 secs to run on my dbox! Not only that, but boot time, shell menus and messagebox pop-ups were now seriously much faster, too! You clock the difference! ***

You'll also notice the familiar Reboot to SS-Enigma v4 Mode - selecting this will then make SS-Enigma the default boot Image.​

Using the LCD Bootmenu: The current default is highlighted; to change it, use the Up or Down arrow and wait the 5 seconds for it to time out. If you press OK before the time-out, it might 'hang' on the bootinfo screen, or it might not...​

1.9mb Free Space 'out of the tin' - which will drop to around 1.74mb after you've added the educational stuff for test purposes. Enjoy!!

Mega thanks again to Renny and SatSearching; the rest of you who've helped are all in lights in the Hall of Fame and Roll of Honour, LOL!!​

Cheers- AL (Grrrr- no smiley allowed; how stingy is that? And what if there'd been 5 screenshots in my release notes, eh?)​

Wow....what more can you do, each time I think you have all pushed it to the max you seem to come out with even more on the image.

For what its worth heres my feedback.

C10

Are running spot on with Mgcamd and 0014

Quality excellent as usual, fast channel surfing

EPG...overly helpful, its now idiot proof, so that suits me. Using the 7 day channels up to 100.

Nice set up.

Converting services and bouquets to Enigma. It took approx 1 1/2 minutes.

SS4

Nice set up, like the theme.

All services and bouquets converted spot on......that will be extremely helpful to anyone, a push of a button and it converts them...thats great.

Quality of FTA was spot on.

I can't comment on other channels because Evocamd and myself are not on speaking terms and never have been, I curse at it but it doesnt respond and won't even make eye contact with me. Its strange and only happens on this dbox, I have a dreambox and Evocamd works on that but not this dbox. I am not really worried as I like Neutrino images.

I cant really say much else except Thanks to you and all involved, I know its a team effort. An excellent and informative thread and should help many people out the way it is explained.

Cheers.

Ahhh- I see what you're saying now, Jaffa...

In Enigtrino- whatever uCode you select is operational for both platforms. But - with softcams, it's possible to make mgcamd (for example) default for Neutrino- as you have, while Enigma is still booting on evocamd. Which your box doesn't like. Simple!

Reboot to Enigma. Now give the blue button a looooong press. (A quick press brings up the shell System menu, a long press brings up another treasure chest entirely). Select mg in there, and, voilá!!

Try it... Also read the original Enigtrino release notes pdf for more help on familiarising yourself with Enigtrino2!

Cheers- AL :)

Ahhh- I see what you're saying now, Jaffa...

In Enigtrino- whatever uCode you select is operational for both platforms. But - with softcams, it's possible to make mgcamd (for example) default for Neutrino- as you have, while Enigma is still booting on evocamd. Which your box doesn't like. Simple!

Reboot to Enigma. Now give the blue button a looooong press. (A quick press brings up the shell System menu, a long press brings up another treasure chest entirely). Select mg in there, and, voilá!!

Try it... Also read the original Enigtrino release notes pdf for more help on familiarising yourself with Enigtrino2!

Hi AL,

Bit of feedback mate.

Image installed fine, set loc and scanned but had to switch the fast scan on as it was finding 303 T's (30 here), with fast scan on all T's scanned in 3.5 mins.

Running very nicely with mg/001A, locked constantly with evo (think this may be a problem with mine as it does this on several images).

Commando side
Have tried to shut down the lcd coz the backlight flickers, the displayed stuff is perfect though, but although I have set the power at off and tried a reboot, the lcd is still on.

Enigma side
I think BST must be giving mine bother, the transponder time is coming up as 1 hour behind (GMT), I've tried adjusting the receiver time (setup>system settings>time settings>time correction) but the time in the infobar next to the whats on now/next (time in top right is correct though) and the shown transponder time is still 1 hour behind.

On another note is there a way to retain the multi-epg as the default (press ok>?>multi epg), is there a command or value that can be set to 1 or true to have this, so that when you press the ok key you get the multi epg instead of the list you now get.

[EDIT] have just discovered some more settings when pressing ok>mute button, ahhhh more to explore.

Nice work mate, respect and thanks to all who made this happen.

Muskrat

Last edited:
Very nice.

I have one small problem, i was running the commando, set my channels etc, converted to enigma, but realised i made an error. But now i can't re-convert as it is now disabled. How can i re-enable this?

Very nice.

I have one small problem, i was running the commando, set my channels etc, converted to enigma, but realised i made an error. But now i can't re-convert as it is now disabled. How can i re-enable this?

I would assume a reflash but these image creators do wonderful things and there may be a shortcut.

I was hoping there would be a way to telnet in and run the script. Reflashing takes time :)

Very nice.

Had an idea mate but I don't know if it will work until I re-flash the dbox, it may or may not be possible to boot into enigma and delete the services/bouq's using the tuxbox file manager, give me 10 mins and I'll tell you.....or a re-flash as Jaffa suggested but if you've got your channels and bouq's how you want them in c10d then boot into c10d and lift out the services/bouq.xml's first before you reflash.

[EDIT] Couldn't do it via enigma file manager but open your ftp program and connect, delete the services and bouquets files in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ and the copy option becomes available again in c10d.

Am trying this now, wonder if this could be done within the tuxbox commander of c10d? No it can't, lol!

Yep, tried it, the way to go is open your ftp program and connect, delete the services and bouquets files in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ and the copy option becomes available again in c10d.

Muskrat

Last edited:
Important!!

Be very careful if/when deleting files from /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ via FTP- Do NOT delete the file in there named config (4kb approx).

Everything else in there can go, ready for recreating the enigma services and bouquets from the menu in C10d mode.

config is the enigma equivalent of neutrino.conf - and if you accidentally waste it, then you'll have nightmares trying to set up SS-Enigma 4.1 again!! In fact, back it up to your PC, just to be on the safe side...

Thanks- AL :)

Important!!

Be very careful if/when deleting files from /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ via FTP- Do NOT delete the file in there named config (4kb approx).

Everything else in there can go, ready for recreating the enigma services and bouquets from the menu in C10d mode.

config is the enigma equivalent of neutrino.conf - and if you accidentally waste it, then you'll have nightmares trying to set up SS-Enigma 4.1 again!! In fact, back it up to your PC, just to be on the safe side...

Thanks- AL :)

Many thanks for the info AL, much appreciated.

Muskrat

Proactive response to constructive Feedback here on DWZ. I've conferred with cydine, and he agrees- I'm a muppet. WHY did I release Enigtrino2 with his wonderful Neutrino to Enigma services and bouquets Copier script menued as a 'One Hit Wonder'?? Doohhh...

I should have thought this through more thoroughly; updating services and bouquets is an ongoing exercise. And as we'll be doing this in the Neutrino environment - we'll naturally want to mirror those updates across to the Enigma half too.

So I cannot really expect peeps to have to connect up with FTP, then manually delete their Enigma stuff (running the risk of accidentally blitzing their vital Enigma config file in the process), just to re-activate the shell menu item again- that's plain stupid.

So here's an update patch for Enigtrino2, all fully-tested and idiot-proof. Two small files to txfr and overwrite, and that's it! No reboot needed. Now, the copier script will carry on working and updating straight from the menu, like I really should have made it do in the first place!!

There's a little readme in there too, so you know what goes where.

(from a parallel unrelated thread, LOL!)
rodboy said:
Hoping to try Enigtrino V2 this week !!!

make no mistake Bill...............this is the most progressive dbox2 work for years !!

PaphosAL, Renwich, Satsearching and their devoted helpers are taking things to the next level ( when everyone else thought it couldn't get any better ) neutrino and enigma on the same box at the same time............fantastic............

Not only two OS on the same flash but the brilliant and enigmatic ( pardon the pun ) guru cydine has simplified the whole process for the dbox enigma fearing brigade by scripting an ingenious in program neutrino to enigma services conversion..............how brilliant is that ??????

The next progression will be for all the big boys to come into your own living room and set up everything for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a go Rod, it's fooking superb mate.

The neu/enig conversion works brilliantly (even on me saggy 1x), it's managed to get me into enigma, I never got on with it before.

I got a couple of minor, teeny weeny glitches with it, the lcd wont power off in c10d mode and the transponder times are 1hr out in enigma but gotta say it's superb.

Need to find out where the default setting is for the epg in enigma as I want to try and make the default epg (press ok) the multi-epg format rather than ok>?>select multi. When you bung it on, go into enigma and press ok then mute, some interesting options for the epg!

Mucho, mucho respect to all the guys that put this together!!!!!

No Thanks button here on DWZ, so Thanks to both of you for your kind remarks! (I'll credit your PayPal accounts with £10 each, as promised) :)

Bug: LCD Power-OFF feature doesn't work in Neutrino. Verified here; must be all Renny's fault, LOL! I suspect ze German's have disabled this in the CVS (accidentally, or maybe by design) since LCD-EPG was hard-coded into neutrino, rather than added in as a Plugin.

But rather than try to fix the result, why not fix the cause of your flickery LCD? Power off at the mains. Pull the lid. Pull the LCD ribbon from the mobo and reseat it. Lid on, power on- and see if that sorts it?

Multi-EPG: Sorry, I think this is the way enigma works, m8. Unless some clever sod spots anything in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config or /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdbox_inputdev.xml ?? (But tread carefully in both of those files, as IFA awaits you, LMAO!)

Enigma Time: Yep, I noticed the same thing 2 weeks ago. C10d had automatically switched to BST, but SS-4 was still stuck on GMT. Strange, coz they both read the same /etc/profile data? Anyway, in SS-4, I moved the clock 1 hour forward in Settings, Saved it, the rebooted. Time has been showing fine ever since...

Last edited:
No Thanks button here on DWZ, so Thanks to both of you for your kind remarks! (I'll credit your PayPal accounts with £10 each, as promised) :)

Bug: LCD Power-OFF feature doesn't work in Neutrino. Verified here; must be all Renny's fault, LOL! I suspect ze German's have disabled this in the CVS (accidentally, or maybe by design) since LCD-EPG was hard-coded into neutrino, rather than added in as a Plugin.

But rather than try to fix the result, why not fix the cause of your flickery LCD? Power off at the mains. Pull the lid. Pull the LCD ribbon from the mobo and reseat it. Lid on, power on- and see if that sorts it?

Multi-EPG: Sorry, I think this is the way enigma works, m8. Unless some clever sod spots anything in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/config or /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdbox_inputdev.xml ?? (But tread carefully in both of those files, as IFA awaits you, LMAO!)

Enigma Time: Yep, I noticed the same thing 2 weeks ago. C10d had automatically switched to BST, but SS-4 was still stuck on GMT. Strange, coz they both read the same /etc/profile data? Anyway, in SS-4, I moved the clock 1 hour forward in Settings, Saved it, the rebooted. Time has been showing fine ever since...

Hi AL,

Thanks for the comments mate and pointers of where to look.

Have got one of them pretty blue lcd's in and have tried re-seating the ribbon many times, it started after I moved the box so I think it may be a dry joint or a component going off.

I've tried resetting the receiver time and that set fine but the transponder time still is 1 hr behind so the time showed up on in the infobar but the now/next time and info was off.

Me and IFA are the best of friends as I am still learning and manage to fook the thing pretty regular.

Many thanks to you and all the guys that made this possible mate.

Best wishes

I have been trying to convert to 1x image using image converter but all i can get is this 1_ENIGTRINO2_FTA_1X File, not an image file.

Cheers for pm muskrat, but still no luck. I can convert any other image bar this.

Thanks

Back