## C10d - SS4.1 Enigtrino2 ##

@AL,

Just noticed that the LCD backlight is stable under Enigma, hmmmmm, gonna try it under C10 later mate and will report back. I should really have a rattle around inside and see if I can spot owt but laziness prevails (and the bike racing's on), lol.

Muskrat

Managed to find some time to flash the image.

Followed all the instructions and added g*box support, the patch and the timefix ( and the VM theme....my preference )
and all is working sweet, both platforms running smoothly on my sons saggy 2x. The services conversion must surely
entice those who were scared to try enigma images - the process took around two minutes on my system !! Brilliant work !!

My only niggle is that the video setting in enigma is defaulted to 4.3 panscan and the bottom and sides of the infobar is missing........
I can't change it coz the left/right buttons are non funtional on my gemini remote !!!!! No big deal

Many, many thanks to everyone involved in producing this brilliant image and for sharing it with us.

My only niggle is that the video setting in enigma is defaulted to 4.3 panscan and the bottom and sides of the infobar is missing........
I can't change it coz the left/right buttons are non funtional on my gemini remote !!!!! No big deal
you wont be able to change the av setting until you go into settings and change the remote type from neutrino style to enigma. At least thats what i found with my nokia. You can change it back once all your settings are correct.

thebigman

you wont be able to change the av setting until you go into settings and change the remote type from neutrino style to enigma. At least thats what i found with my nokia. You can change it back once all your settings are correct.

thebigman

Thanks bigman that worked spot on........cheers mate.

@rodboy: Were you in C10d mode when you added coughbox support, m8? No probs if you were.

Only, LraiZer has pointed out that in the +pack, I erroneously named the new gbox supported shell file shellexec.conf instead of shellexec-n

I've just amended the mercs.us +pack file to correct this error. If you transfer the wrongly named one while in SS4 mode, you finish up with a C10d shellexec menu showing in SS4!!

If anyone has already done this, you'll need the original SS4 shellexec back, which is shellexec-e

Either dig this out of your backup or release image with TuxTools, or grab the attachment below. Fingers crossed that all of you coughbox merchants would have added this stuff in while C10d was resident...

Cheers- AL :)

@rodboy: Were you in C10d mode when you added coughbox support, m8? No probs if you were.

Only, LraiZer has pointed out that in the +pack, I erroneously named the new gbox supported shell file shellexec.conf instead of shellexec-n

I've just amended the mercs.us +pack file to correct this error. If you transfer the wrongly named one while in SS4 mode, you finish up with a C10d shellexec menu showing in SS4!!

If anyone has already done this, you'll need the original SS4 shellexec back, which is shellexec-e

Either dig this out of your backup or release image with TuxTools, or grab the attachment below. Fingers crossed that all of you coughbox merchants would have added this stuff in while C10d was resident...

hi m8 thank u where dose this file gos
i'm somewhat idiot in doing this pc stuff i will appreciate it do i take this file out shellexec.conf and put this shellexec-e is that wright m8

Last edited:
/var/tuxbox/config/

The existing shellexec.conf in there is a SymLink pointing to either shellexec-n (if C10d is running) or shellexec-e (for SS4 mode).

You only need to worry about shellexec-e if you added the g*box pack prior to 9am Tuesday 14th April, and were in SS4 mode when you did this.

If the shellexec-e you see is 2kb, then all is well- ignore this alert. But if your shellexec-e is 15kb, then you need to overwrite it with the one I've attached, please.

/var/tuxbox/config/

The existing shellexec.conf in there is a SymLink pointing to either shellexec-n (if C10d is running) or shellexec-e (for SS4 mode).

You only need to worry about shellexec-e if you added the g*box pack prior to 9am Tuesday 14th April, and were in SS4 mode when you did this.

If the shellexec-e you see is 2kb, then all is well- ignore this alert. But if your shellexec-e is 15kb, then you need to overwrite it with the one I've attached, please.

thank you very much everything is sorted now thanks for your help and one more thing i am missng sum images mayb i cant find it if its possible u can help with that please were i can add and view keys in manually as i dont no how to figure it out.i will I appreciate it m8

Last edited:
thank you very much everything is sorted now thanks for your help and one more thing i am missng sum images mayb i cant find it if its possible u can help with that please were i can add and view keys in manually as i dont no how to figure it out.i will I appreciate it m8

The keys go in var/keys. Its all in the merc folders which AL kindly added. Just copy the whole var folder over.

installed this last night, took 1 minute to add necessary files and channels and was up and running in 2 minutes.

look solid image, like the EPG on LCD - used to use the SS Engigma v4 image.

Many thanks for taking the time to make this image.

I've loaded it onto my box, but can't get any channels.

Switched on first time after loading the image, and it defaulted to BBC1 and after 2-3 seconds, popped up "Error Channel not found" message.

Went into the menu and set my location to Wembley (where I am) and then tried a Scan - it finds 303 transponders and goes through, but finds NO providers or channels. Stopped it after it had browsed through 120 odd transponders (120/303) in about 25 mins, but no channels.

Changed setting to look for ALL CHANNELS, tried again - 35 mins later, gone through 150 odd transponders, no channels.

Tried a fast scan - less than a minute - no channels.

Haven't changed any settings apart from set my location. Scanning using Virgin Media.

Would like to add I've had exactly the same problem with a couple of the newer images a few months ago, so had to revert to older images. 2x Nokia box.

Am I doing something wrong ? Help please. Thank you.

Last edited:
Many thanks for taking the time to make this image.

I've loaded it onto my box, but can't get any channels.

Switched on first time after loading the image, and it defaulted to BBC1 and after 2-3 seconds, popped up "Error Channel not found" message.

Went into the menu and set my location to Wembley (where I am) and then tried a Scan - it finds 303 transponders and goes through, but finds NO providers or channels. Stopped it after it had browsed through 120 odd transponders (120/303) in about 25 mins, but no channels.

Changed setting to look for ALL CHANNELS, tried again - 35 mins later, gone through 150 odd transponders, no channels.

Tried a fast scan - less than a minute - no channels.

Haven't changed any settings apart from set my location. Scanning using Virgin Media.

Would like to add I've had exactly the same problem with a couple of the newer images a few months ago, so had to revert to older images. 2x Nokia box.

Am I doing something wrong ? Help please. Thank you.

When you flashed it did you then ftp the special files needed.

Thanks to all concerned will take a Look sounds interesting

Many Thanks

Xenafan

When you flashed it did you then ftp the special files needed.

Yes, I did. Tried various configurations to get channels, but no luck :(

Decided to try a couple of other images, used LakySylas and that was pretty much the same.

Finally got the Lincsat 7.25 FULL image to work.

Would like to be able to try out this Commando image, just not sure what is causing the problem....

Yes, I did. Tried various configurations to get channels, but no luck :(

Decided to try a couple of other images, used LakySylas and that was pretty much the same.

Finally got the Lincsat 7.25 FULL image to work.

Would like to be able to try out this Commando image, just not sure what is causing the problem....

m8 the special files u need are here http://www.mercs.us/crypt/enigtrino2_+pack.rar

Before you try another Scan, first go: dbox > dBox Settings > Miscellaneous > Zapit Config and change Show Unsorted Bouquet? from No to Yes

Then press Red to save. After your scan, you'll hopefully find all your new channels in 'Unsorted'.

Back