buzzing

suds

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hi i have got a 32inch evesham lcd but recently its started with an annoying buzzing coming from the speakers.side mounted btw.when muted buzzing stops.is there an easy fix or is it off to the tv repair shop with it.thanks.

Digidude is your man, if i remember correctly, he fixes lcd's and plasmas for fun

it dounds like it could be 'mains hum' that could be resolved with a small ferrite ring on the mains lead, but, if its only just started, and is getting worse, it could be the main smoothing capacitor in the power supply, a smaller smoothing capacitor in the secondary side of the supply, or even the digital sound processor on its way out

thanks for the reply digidude.the buzzing has been there a while and doesnt seem to be getting worse.so is the ferrite ring worth a go anyway.also where would i get ring.and could you please tell me how to fit it if poss.thanks

I think Maplin probably sell an EMI choke that clamps around your power lead.

I think it will be more likely to be the power supply or inverter rather than mains-bourn noise though.

looked at the capacitors digidude and nothing looks domed or leaking.guess ill have to take it to a repair shop .thanks

You shouldn't give up so easily, with some patience and some help here, you could save yourself a few bob

was hopeing to do that pimped will hold of and see if anyone can give me some ideas of what it is.and maybe a guide as how to do it.cheers

What's the model number?

Schematic or service manual might be handy.

am i right in saying a smoothing capasiter isnt a electrolic capasiter

am i right in saying a smoothing capasiter isnt a electrolic capasiter

"Smoothing" capacitors can be any construction but they are typically electrolytic on the outputs of power supplies in equipment like that.

the model no is alqem32.dont have a schematic.all ive got is an operating instructions manual.if thats any help.

the model no is alqem32.dont have a schematic.all ive got is an operating instructions manual.if thats any help.

Can you take some photos of the board mate, power supply and tv :)

Back