burnig problems

ross1995

Inactive User
Reaction score
i am having problems burning game copies. the ones i have done recently always shows please clean disc sometimes before the game starts sometimes after the credits
when the game is loading. this problem started six months ago i have tried the tuts ie
making dvd file with correct layer brreak
burning at 2 or 2.4
not using Internet or pc while burning
changed cd burner to pioneer
reformatted pc
using verbs or Aone's
use clone or cookies to burn
is the drive on its way out it plays originals no problem and some older copies would the fact that i dl my games on anther pc then moved them to it
via removable drive make any difference also the game i burned yeterday worked ones then not again
please help thanks

Could literally be any one or a combination of so many things mate :(

When you say you download the games on 1 pc and then move them to another do you mean via flash drive or usb hard drive? Do you download from the torrents or the newsgroups? reason I ask is because if you download from the torrents you download the image whereas if you download from the newsgroups you download the rar parts and also the par set, then you obviously par check the rars and extract. If you are extracting to your removable drive first then you could try just dumping all the files to it instead, then moving the files to your other pc and then par check and extract them straight to your main drive. Also you might want to check how fragmented the drive is that you're burning the game from. Do this after you have already extracted your game to the drive you're burning from. A drive that needs a defrag can often throw spanners in the works.

9 out of 10 of these problems usually stem down to being a media issue mate ;)

Use VERBS ;) lol

You could also try realigning the laser as they often need adjusting when games that once worked stop working.

download games direct to usb hard drive in rar files from torrent site (bitsoup)
formated pc yesterday

Does the drive often make like a 'rattling' noise when trying to read some of the discs ? If so, a tweak of your laser might do the trick, or if your lucky just a good clean.

got a disk cleaner last week but no change is it easy to tweek laser also the pc 1 burn
them on only has 512 ram would that make a differance

it may just simply be that your laser is on its way out mate. very cheap and easy to replace if that does turn out to be your problem ;)

i have a samsung drive which leser do i get or are the all the same thanks

Same for Hitachi or Sammy mate...you want the HD63 or HD67 replacement lens...loads of em on fleeBay ;) I think the HD63 is supposed to be an original part and HD67 a third party made part ;)

just to make sure its the drive could i send anyone some of my non working games to check on their xbox that way ill know if its the pc or xbox thanks good or bad you can keep them or toss them after thanks

hey dude have u tried updateding your pioneer software? you can get thelatest software from the pioneer website what model do you have i have the 115d

Last edited:
just to make sure its the drive could i send anyone some of my non working games to check on their xbox that way ill know if its the pc or xbox thanks good or bad you can keep them or toss them after thanks

Hi mate, send them to me, I will post them back, as dont require them. Also can send you a game I know to work? Let me know mate.

i would let u send them to me but it looks like i am having the same problem clean disc error i have a pioneer 115d also have Aone discs i have been useing imgburn....... ok what i have done so far is just updated the software on the pioneer 115d from there website...... im going to download clonecd to see if it works better then imgburn as allot of peeps would recomend clonecd okay which one do i download clonecd or clonedvd and whats the best version for the xbox360 games thanx

clonecd is the one you want mate...clonedvd is for movies...you cant burn games with it ;)

hi dudes got clonecd but im having the same problem as imgburn its saying.....

clonecd cant get exclusive access to drive f: please close all open files and folders or any other programs, that might access the drive

giving me option of abort retry or ignore

and this is what imgburn says.....

DeviceIo Control (FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed
Device [0:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.18 (F:) (ATA)
Unable to lock volume for exclusive access
Reason Access is denied

Hint: You've got another program running thats using the drive, close it and then click 'Try Again'.

this is giving me options of cancel, try again or continue

i could ignore and continue on both which i have done b4 but im still getting clean disc error could it be becoz of this?

This is more than likely the route of your problems then mate to be honest. Have you got any virtual drives or deamon tools or something along those lines running? Havent suffered that error myself but its pretty clear that something isnt right and would more than likely explain your duff burns ;)

Sort out that problem and you'll probably find your burns start working ;)

Not very helpful I know but it saves you sending your discs off for the time being. purely with postal times alone you could be waiting days between for a response ;)

Now atleast you can get straight to work on nailing your problem

Good Luck mate.

Just grabbed this from elsewhere for you mate :)

Problem:
You get an error saying 'Unable to lock volume for exclusive access'

A.K.A. 'DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed!'

Answer:
If the 'Reason' given is 'Invalid function' (or words to that effect)

You need to update your IDE drivers. Your current ones are old and don't support this IMPORTANT feature.

If the 'Reason' given is 'Access is denied' (or words to that effect)

Another program is currently using the drive. You need to find out what it is and shut it down!

The only way I know of finding out what else has a 'handle' open to the drive is by using Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com

Load it up and click 'Find' -> 'Find Handle...'

The type 'cdrom' and click 'search'

See if it comes up with any results

If it doesnt, try searching for the drive letter of that drive - i.e. 'F:'

If it finds something, click on it in the search window. The main window should then highlight the process / 'File' entry that contains the handle to the drive. You can right click -> close the handle if you like, or just close the entire application, it's up to you.

You may also get error 'Unknown (34)' sometimes. Cancel the burn, press F5 and then attempt to write it again. It's just windows going mad, nothing to worry about

Hope this helps mate... Good luck.

hey mxwizard sorted that problem out mate thanx to u dude downloaded Process Explorer and there was a couple of programs using the cd rom drives removed them now and there is no problem when burning games games no error mesg :) well happy got rid of that now to the next problem im still getting clean disc error i have tried both clonecd and imgburn at 2 speed with a bunch of diffrent games on aone discs still no luck what can it be now i aint got a clue i have tried everything u guys have told me to do even brought a new pioneer burner i have set the Sectors: 3825924 LayerBreak: 1913760 man i think i have wasted about 10 discs now lol thats crazy man im not far from giving up :(

No worries mate....glad you got one of your probs sorted. Now onto your burn errors... are you using clonecd or imgburn? You dont have to set any sectors using clonecd. I'll say from the off that the best advice I can give you at this point in time is to try burning to a Verbatim dvd+r dl. I've seen the same kind of thread on here time and time again where its ended up being a dodgy media that is causing the problem. I'm not saying Aones are pooh or anything but if you have a good look through the threads you'll find numerous occassions whereas when the user switched from Aone to a verb the problem was eradicated ;) You usually find with the cheaper media that bad batches appear from time to time and it may simply be that you got unlucky mate and picked up a dodgy spindle. If you dont want to spend a tenner at svp buying a spindle of 10 then just buy a single one and see how you go. It might even be that the laser on your console is on its way out mate. I'd try the Verb first and then maybe start looking at the laser. Its not the end of the world if the laser needs replacing as they're relatively cheap and easy to do. Dont give up yet though mate....we'll get you sorted :)

Back