Amiko Alien 2+

kellogs23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having some problems with this box, Running VIX4, using Wi-Fi and have a 320gb portable drive connected for Recording and epg. for no apparent reason the box will completely freeze, cant us the remote, just get the spinner, have to power off the box to get it going again. yesterday I checked a recording and went to exit and it froze.
sometimes its very slow when going through menus, get the spinner when going into setup>system. for example. other times it will be very quick.

don't know where the problem lies, or if its just the box itself, I am used to Vix on the solo2 and I probably shouldn't expect the same.

Thanks K.

I can assure you it's not the image or receiver that are the issue, you probably wouldn't expect it to be quite as quick as a Solo2 but still perfectly acceptable.

What you are saying could be caused by a whole host of things but it's next to impossible to say what on what we know.

My suggestion at this stage would be remove the HDD and reflash the firmware installing no plugins at all, no setting up CrossEPG or attaching a HDD or WiFi, simply configure the tuners, run AutoBouquetMaker and run in this state for 24 hours to see if the problem is still present.

Thanks for the reply lavaman, will give it a go, if it runs okay I will add crossepg, see how it goes add Wi-Fi then HDD, try and eliminate them one at a time. I didn't bother with any extra plugins. the box is for a mate who knows less about them than me. I don't want to give it to him until its running smooth or he will have me drove mental

Cheers K

No problem. At a guess and with experience of these it's likely to be down to either HDD and formatting or tuner configuration but for now go with the above and then like you say a step at a time until it's narrowed down. The very best way to format the HDD is using Spark and we can cover that if and when... Good luck :)

Trying to set up external HDD, its 320gb NTSF, I cant get it to mount, keep getting an error, It was working before.

they way I am trying it is,

VIX4E2PROJECT
Mount Manager
Set Up Mounts,

It will go thought the process of creating a file system, but wont mount, that's when I get the error
Also tried red button >use as HDD, but the box crashes.

BTW, tried front and back usb ports no difference

Help Please

K

Also tried a 16gb pen drive,

went into system > setup>Storage devices. Initialisation
goes through creating file system, wont add mount, get the error it timed out, mount failed.

Use Spark to format the drive, it's excellent at doing this. Boot to Spark and first delete all partitions on the HDD, once done create a new partition as ext3 Primary, Once complete reboot back to Enigma2 and it will auto mount ready to use.

Ext3 Primary is highly recommended with Linux receivers (of all types) but if you must use another format then FAT32 is fine but has the 4GB file size limit, NTFS will also work but you need to make sure the image you are using has the NTFS-3G plugin installed or it won't mount, this plugin is installed by default with the 007-blue build.

Follow the above information rather than compare to another image on another receiver, it will work. Remember though that the 320GB HDD will be a little more dependent on power being provided via USB or if it's an external supply etc. (Samsung M3 drivers always work, powered from USB as an example) but the 16GB drive with be flash memory so should work for sure regarding any possible issues with power. :)

Bigger problems now, Cant get spark to boot, It starts to boot, then display goes off and I get a red light, E2 boots fine.

When the red light is on under Spark press the standby button ;)

Sorry, what a tit. Just another question, when in epg, how do you switch bouquets, On the slos2 I just press tv and can go through bouquets without leaving epg, or should I just change it in settings to show bouquets on launch.

Thanks

K

Will have to plug one in to remind myself exactly what buttons do what which unfortunatly will not be until Monday now but not quite sure what you are trying to do, you mean you press EPG which brings the EPG up, you then want to be able to scroll through the bouquet sections, Movies, Sport, Entertainmnet etc. or have I misunderstood?

If that's it then it is either the P up and down button or the PAGE +/- buttons I think, once does the bouquet section and one does the day, give these a try if you can't get this to work or I have misunderstood then I can check for sure on Monday when I have the receiver in front of me.

Will have to plug one in to remind myself exactly what buttons do what which unfortunatly will not be until Monday now but not quite sure what you are trying to do, you mean you press EPG which brings the EPG up, you then want to be able to scroll through the bouquet sections, Movies, Sport, Entertainmnet etc. or have I misunderstood?

If that's it then it is either the P up and down button or the PAGE +/- buttons I think, once does the bouquet section and one does the day, give these a try if you can't get this to work or I have misunderstood then I can check for sure on Monday when I have the receiver in front of me.

You have it right lavaman, cheers

up and running again, Just a couple of things I notice
Their is a problem with recordings, if you happen to record 2 programme's at the same time you will get a black screen and the box will freeze, but from what I have read its common on this box regardless of the image and its something that can be avoided, also noticed that if you haven't set up your tuner correctly and zap to a programme on a tuner that's not getting a feed/signal the box will go slow and unresponsive until you can get back to a programme that is getting feed/signal again. also the E2 side wont recognize my thumb drive anymore, only spark will recognize it. apart from that its cool and I really like VIX4 especially when your used to Openvix on the other box.

would anyone know if its possible to upgrade or change the enigma 2 image through spark, E2 side wont recognize my thumb drive, I am going to have a play around with a few images, and just want to see if I can change the image through spark

K

Back