Boy, Four, Mauled To Death By Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that fooks up

the Rottweiler
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Rottweiler, or Rottweil Metzgerhund ("Butchers Dog"), is a "medium to large size, stalwart dog" breed originating in Germany as a herding dog. It is a hardy and very intelligent breed. Rottweilers also worked as draught dogs, pulling carts to carry meat and other products to market as well as for hunting . "Rottweiler breeders aim at a dog of abundant strength, black coated with clearly defined rich tan markings, whose powerful appearance does not lack nobility and which is exceptionally well suited to being a companion, service and working dog."
The Rottweiler was kept busy in these traditional roles until the mid-19th century when railroads replaced droving for getting livestock to market. Although there are still Rottweilers working stock all over the world, many other roles have been found for this versatile breed.
During the First and Second World Wars Rottweilers were put into service in various roles including as messenger, draught, and guard dogs. Currently they are often used as search and rescue, assistance, guide dogs for the blind, guard and police dogs in addition to their traditional roles.

thanks, i was going to point out the Rottie was bred as a beast of burden. my dog like yours, would not hurt someone, unless the family was in danger (and that includes our cats). but i would not let my little girl play with him at all. not because i don't trust the dog, but because i don't trust my daughter. any body/animal has the right to protect itself. so, if, as someone said "they grabbed its plumbs", it has every right to strike. people need training too.

I think we could do with some extra sand here to cope with all the head-burying that's going on.
I gota disagree with you here. we, should, know what we are getting, if we buy a dog. from that point on, its up to USE to ensure the dog is safe. many hundreds, if not thousands, of people keep the so called dangerous dogs. yet attacks are, thankfully, few. i feel, if it were down to the breed of dog. many more attacks would happen. its the people who need training. the dog, whatever breed, it what it is.

no one knows what type of dog done this

what bollox that is it if was a pitbull staff or rottie the headline would be boy of four mauled to death by rottie staff / or pitbull

it was probably something like a cute fluffy dog

but your never see the press wirte boy killed by cute fluffy dog

Last edited:
thanks, i was going to point out the Rottie was bred as a beast of burden. my dog like yours, would not hurt someone, unless the family was in danger (and that includes our cats). but i would not let my little girl play with him at all. not because i don't trust the dog, but because i don't trust my daughter. any body/animal has the right to protect itself. so, if, as someone said "they grabbed its plumbs", it has every right to strike. people need training too.

I gota disagree with you here. we, should, know what we are getting, if we buy a dog. from that point on, its up to USE to ensure the dog is safe. many hundreds, if not thousands, of people keep the so called dangerous dogs. yet attacks are, thankfully, few. i feel, if it were down to the breed of dog. many more attacks would happen. its the people who need training. the dog, whatever breed, it what it is.

your spot on mate its the owners that need training
then everyone can have another argument about the size of the owner to see who is more dangerous than the other one,

no one knows what type of dog done this

what bollox that is it if was a pitbull staff or rottie the headline would be boy of four mauled to death by rottie staff / or pitbull

it was probably something like a cute fluffy dog

but your never see the press wirte boy killed by cute fluffy dog

totally agree with you there..the papers and its followers live a sad pathetic life

Check this out nara.

Labs accounted for 13.3 percent of the reported bites; pit bulls, 8.4 percent; German shepherds, 7.8 percent; Rottweilers, 3.9 percent; and Chows, 3.5 percent

Taken from here.

Dog-bite survey finds few canines that attack - The Denver Post

Sargie, you need to read that article more closely.

"That does not mean that Labrador retrievers bite more often than other breeds, the experts said. To try to determine which breed bites the most, there would have to be a dog census, accumulating total numbers of each breed, and then a breakdown to compare breeds. Those numbers are not available."

No account was taken of the relative numbers of each breed.

Furthermore. This thread is about fatal attacks, not bites. I know a lot of Yorkies that bite.

I caught a glimpse of this story last night, it's all very sad and takes me back to the days when there was an American Pitbull Terrier on the cover of ever tabloid in the early 90's.

I've been a dog owner most of my life and my last dog was a huge German Shepherd. He was a guard dog and must have bitten over 20 people who jumped our fence in an attempt to steal something from the yard. We need dangerous dogs as they have a role to fulfill, maybe they should be registered if deemed to have a particularly strong body and jaw. My dog although vicious and nasty used to let the kids pull his ears and tail and let them do whatever they liked. They used to take the saddle off the rocking horse and place it on him and go for rides around the garden.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that no matter what dog you own, if you give it a caring and loving home, raise it well it will not harm you. Just keep it on a lead as it probably won't extend the same courtesy to a stranger, usually that's when it's genetics kick in.

One of my old neighbours had a springer spaniel that was quite fluffy, it bit half of her top lip off.

Any type of dog could turn on you, however some dogs have that extra bit of power to take a life.

I fuckin' hate dogs!.............& cats! Smelly fuckin things, both of them!

Furthermore. This thread is about fatal attacks, not bites. I know a lot of Yorkies that bite.
Yes, like I said earlier, there's a considerable difference between a quick, defensive bite, which is a risk with most dogs, and being mauled to death, which is what happens with these dangerous breeds.

Keeping these animals around children is like aiming a loaded gun at the child. Sure, you have no intention of shooting the child, you're well trained, the gun (probably) won't go off, but you still don't do it. Why? Because you're not a complete moron devoid of common sense. Unfortunately, too many dogs owners, particularly the ones who for inexplicable reasons favor these demon animals, are a bit like inconsiderate smokers. There's always a "my grannie smoked 8 packs a day and lived to be 108"-story to prove how safe smoking supposedly is, so they can puff away around their coughing children.

Of course, not all of these animals end up killing someone, but by keeping them around children, you greatly increase the risk of such incidents. It's just irresponsible.

I fuckin' hate dogs!.............& cats! Smelly fuckin things, both of them!
Aaaw, come on... :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8[/ame]

The dog that mauled a four-year-old boy to death in Liverpool was an illegal breed, police have confirmed.

John Paul Massey died from head and neck injuries in the attack at his grandmother's home in Wavertree.

Merseyside Police said the dog was a "pitbull terrier-type", a breed banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act. A criminal investigation has begun.

BBC: Dog that mauled boy to death was an illegal breed

Yes, like I said earlier, there's a considerable difference between a quick, defensive bite, which is a risk with most dogs, and being mauled to death, which is what happens with these dangerous breeds.

Keeping these animals around children is like aiming a loaded gun at the child. Sure, you have no intention of shooting the child, you're well trained, the gun (probably) won't go off, but you still don't do it. Why? Because you're not a complete moron devoid of common sense. Unfortunately, too many dogs owners, particularly the ones who for inexplicable reasons favor these demon animals, are a bit like inconsiderate smokers. There's always a "my grannie smoked 8 packs a day and lived to be 108"-story to prove how safe smoking supposedly is, so they can puff away around their coughing children.

Of course, not all of these animals end up killing someone, but by keeping them around children, you greatly increase the risk of such incidents. It's just irresponsible.

Aaaw, come on... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8
why are these dogs demon animals
they are dogs no matter what breed or size
they rottie only got the terminolgy of devil dog because of the horror movies it was put in
and no matter what u all say no matter what statstitics u come up with u wont change ur mind
i do have a rottie and i have been around lots of rotties
and every one is different
they have all been treated differently
i have seen this lovely rottie where i work
in the back yard of a house it is there 24/7 the yard is full of shit
now that will be a dog that will attack

but i will let u all have ur say no matter what us dog lovers say we wont change ur minds
the same as u wont change ours

The dog that mauled a four-year-old boy to death in Liverpool was an illegal breed, police have confirmed.

John Paul Massey died from head and neck injuries in the attack at his grandmother's home in Wavertree.

Merseyside Police said the dog was a "pitbull terrier-type", a breed banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act. A criminal investigation has begun.

BBC: Dog that mauled boy to death was an illegal breed
And the dog's owner was one of our "beloved" soldiers.

"The dog was said by neighbours to belong to the boy's uncle, Christian Foulkes, who also lived there and had just joined the Army."
Boy, 4, savaged to death at home as granny tries to fight off dog | News

why are these dogs demon animals
they are dogs no matter what breed or size
There are very good reasons why certain dogs are classified as "dangerous". Like I said, not every one of these dogs is going to end up killing someone, but the risk is so much higher with certain breeds. If you want to run that risk with yourself, that's one thing, but keeping animals like that around children is just crazy.

Personally, I've always found the idea of domesticated animals rather odd. Sure, kittens and puppies can be cute, but if I wanted some unhygienic, fleabag pooping on my lawn and licking my face, I'd get back together with Amy Winehouse. :)

but i will let u all have ur say no matter what us dog lovers say we wont change ur minds
the same as u wont change ours
An unwillingness to change your mind should not be a point of pride. I'd be perfectly happy to accept a fact-based counter-argument, but nonsensical stories about plastic surgeons and imaginary press conspiracies just aren't going to cut it.

All dogs can turn, it's just when dangerous dogs turn it's nearly always fatal. I'm sure the owners on here treat there dogs with the respect they deserve, unfortunately a higher proportion of owners of these type of dogs don't and as it's impossible to police it has to be a blanket ban for all.

Last edited:

My appologies. Here you go..labrador mauls to death - Google Search

Same old. Same old.

How many kids are mauled to death by Spaniels, Labradors, Collies etc.?

Dangerous dogs are dangerous.

I don't expect to be agreed with, I'm just angry.

More than you expect hmm?I call for all labs to be executed mine included..

It's time this was sorted on respect of stopping dangerous dogs from being kept as pets they are as with all dogs a form of pack animal born to kill some species more than others.

I can't understand why the last i think it's 3 cases have all been in the Liverpool area that place must be one breeding ground for dangerous dogs.

My heart goes out to the parents who have lost or have a scared child to bring up after these attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back