Boy, Four, Mauled To Death By Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response was in question to the above its not hard really.:Cheers:

Originally Posted by richyrich
You seriously have to question the motives of people owning these types of dogs in the first place. Could some of the members on here say why they choose these types of dogs over safer breeds. I'm genuinely intrested.

Originally Posted by TheJackel
Are you having a laugh look at the other traits of all these dogs they far outway the bad traits, someone else who knows f88kall about dogs.

M8 that doesn't make any sense at all and doesn't answer my question.

You seriously have to question the motives of people owning these types of dogs in the first place. Could some of the members on here say why they choose these types of dogs over safer breeds. I'm genuinely intrested.

My response was in question to the above its not hard really.:Cheers:

The reason behind me picking my staffy is that I like that specific breed and the dog chose me. If you are a dog lover then you love specific breeds my favorites are Staffy, Dobermans and Japanese Akitas. All are supposedly Dangerous dogs, yet I have never met anybody with 1 of these dogs that thought there dog was dangerous.

The reason behind me picking my staffy is that I like that specific breed and the dog chose me. If you are a dog lover then you love specific breeds my favorites are Staffy, Dobermans and Japanese Akitas. All are supposedly Dangerous dogs, yet I have never met anybody with 1 of these dogs that thought there dog was dangerous.
Of course they don't think their dogs are dangerous. It's that breakdown in logic and common sense that's the whole problem. Surely the grandmother and uncle of the poor kid who was killed didn't think their dog was a danger to the child either, but their neighbors obviously had some well founded concerns. Emotional ignorance is no excuse. Keeping these sort of animals around children is irresponsible.

Edit:
And the uncle has now been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

Uncle arrested over fatal dog attack on four-year-old boy | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Last edited:
Top 10 dogs for KILLING children or causing serious harm to children :
1. Staffordshire Bull Terriers
2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
4. German Shepherds (*****ians)
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bullmastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
9. Dobermans (Doberman Pinschers)
10. American Bulldogs

I didnt really choose a Rottie. it, kinda, chose me. i got on well with a friends. they had to move, and could not take the dog. i ended up with him. i got my second (first one died of cancer at 10), because i loved the animal. affectionate, not too energetic. and way better than an house alarm. i already state i would not let him close to my daughter. and he is not the type of dog you can let off the lead. but the same would go for a "silk rat" (yorkie). and the suggestion a dog with a small mouth/bite, is safer than one with a big one. seems daft to me, they are just as dangerous, they just, often, cause less damage. even taking into account the number kept. i'll bet more people get bitten by silk rats than stafs or rotties.

I didnt really choose a Rottie. it, kinda, chose me. i got on well with a friends. they had to move, and could not take the dog. i ended up with him. i got my second (first one died of cancer at 10), because i loved the animal. affectionate, not too energetic. and way better than an house alarm. i already state i would not let him close to my daughter. and he is not the type of dog you can let off the lead. but the same would go for a "silk rat" (yorkie). and the suggestion a dog with a small mouth/bite, is safer than one with a big one. seems daft to me, they are just as dangerous, they just, often, cause less damage. even taking into account the number kept. i'll bet more people get bitten by silk rats than stafs or rotties.

My wifes nanna had a miniature poodle which when she took it to be groomed would show agression to the woman in the palour. It also bit my son when he was little on his hand out of the blue it didnt draw blood but left a mark and obviously upset my son. She vowed if it ever bit again she would have it put down.

He went for the lady in the palour again and made a nasty bite in her hand which required stitches and it was euthanised.

My wifes nanna had a miniature poodle which when she took it to be groomed would show agression to the woman in the palour. It also bit my son when he was little on his hand out of the blue it didnt draw blood but left a mark and obviously upset my son. She vowed if it ever bit again she would have it put down.

He went for the lady in the palour again and made a nasty bite in her hand which required stitches and it was euthanised.

Did it maul any kids to death?

We have a border collie friendly little thing, soft as they come, but when my daughter has friends round or we have visitors with children, he is locked in his pen, not that we don't trust him, like I said soft as they come and very obedient, but will not take the chance no matter how small.

Ive got a Labrador which apparently is the No1 dog for biting as peeps/kids think they are just a big cuddly teddy and jump all over them pulling their tail,ears ect but they will only take so much.
Ive got absolutly no problem with rotties, they get alot of bad press simply because of their size and look but are very inteligent/obedient dogs.
Staffs...I fookin hate them and the sooner they are banned the better imho.Yes all dogs will bite/attack but Staffs like pit bulls will go straight for the throat weather its a dog OR a child, they dont fight/attack to win they fight/attack to KILL.
Dont know the number of kids they've killed so far but its obviously not enough,maybe when they've killed another 10,20,30 then they'll get banned.
The argument "they are great with kids" is just bollocks,Pit bulls are known for being great with kids too!!
You can train a dog and give it as much love as possible but you cant take away its instict....and in a Staffs case thats to kill,dog or child.

So is that a "no, I can't justify why I own one"?

I'm asking what are the traits that safer dogs don't offer?
its like saying why did you choose the car you have
i chose my dog a rottie because i like the breed of dog

i will tell you something i was actually a fraid of them until i owned one they are a loyal and very friendly dog ask some members on here that have visited me and seen my dog
when the come in to my house he runs over with a toy ready to play
as for children i take him shopping every sat with my wife and all the children where we live allways come running over to him to stroke and pet him
he loves it
i have had ppl who where genuinely afraid of him
but also curious sidle there way over and start stroking him
ppl with disabled children have come over to see him
and my dog just licks them
he has made loads of friends in my locality

and yes i do trust him with children

Two points benny.

1. I don't mind people shortening my posts when they're quoting from them, but I do resent additions being made. What you have quoted is not what I posted.

2. In my post I quoted accurately from the article that you yourself gave a link to. You obviously hadn't read the whole thing. Your reply was "bollox..." .

If that's the best you can do, you really shouldn't be getting involved in rational debate.

three points nara.
1.your talking through your arse again as usual
2. i read the whole article
3.it seems you dont know the diffrence between the dog list you posted from my link and the dangerous dog list i was talking about in my post .....ie: theres more fatal and disfiguring attacks by dogs not on the dangerous dog list

theres only 1 offical dangerous dogs list sunshine and that dont include staffs or rottys

Last edited:
We have a border collie friendly little thing, soft as they come, but when my daughter has friends round or we have visitors with children, he is locked in his pen, not that we don't trust him, like I said soft as they come and very obedient, but will not take the chance no matter how small.

A very sensible approach.

Originally Posted by richyrich

Originally Posted by TheJackel
Are you having a laugh look at the other traits of all these dogs they far outway the bad traits, someone else who knows f88kall about dogs.

M8 that doesn't make any sense at all and doesn't answer my question.

Right lets try this again, the point i was trying to make was that there's no hidden agenda/motive in most dog owners why they prefer one breed over another, personnel preference why did you choose your car, house, phone over another. That list of dogs regardless of the title, have all got lots of good qualities/traits also in the breed, obedient, courageous, loyal, diligent, playful i could go on. Yes all dogs do bite but you cant live your life on the what if factor, or no one would have a dog.

Right lets try this again, the point i was trying to make was that there's no hidden agenda/motive in most dog owners why they prefer one breed over another, personnel preference why did you choose your car, house, phone over another. That list of dogs regardless of the title, have all got lots of good qualities/traits also in the breed, obedient, courageous, loyal, diligent, playful i could go on. Yes all dogs do bite but you cant live your life on the what if factor, or no one would have a dog.

Right so now lets try this again.

Which good traits in a dog outweigh the rather bad trait of killing or causing serious harm to children?

Which is what I asked in the first place but you chose to try and waffle your way out of actually answering.

Which good traits in a dog outweigh the rather bad trait of killing or causing serious harm to children?

Which is what I asked in the first place but you chose to try and waffle your way out of actually answering.
what strange question this is,
my dog has all the good traits

but u can ask this of humans

we have good and bad traits

what u and others are doing is because a large powerfull dog has killed a child
and i am not condoning this
all large and powerfull dogs are tard with the same brush

same as humans
like a fella who is big and kills a child should we get rid of all the big men

no
same as u cannot say all big dogs are the same

I think i answered it, if you cannot comprehend it move onto something new, and stop taking things out of context.

I think i answered it, if you cannot comprehend it move onto something new, and stop taking things out of context.

I didn't take it out of context m8, I just thought it was a rather stupid comment.

I will say no more.

Very sensible. :Clap:

three points nara.
1.your talking through your arse again as usual
2. i read the whole article
3.it seems you dont know the diffrence between the dog list you posted from my link and the dangerous dog list i was talking about in my post .....ie: theres more fatal and disfiguring attacks by dogs not on the dangerous dog list

theres only 1 offical dangerous dogs list sunshine and that dont include staffs or rottys

I thought at first you just needed a trip to :specsavers: benny, but if indeed you have read the article fully, then it would seem you have totally failed to grasp what it's conclusions were. Try reading it again, more slowly perhaps.

This was a result of walking to freinds house i bumped in to a german shepherd on the way that got out of a house, this was 3 weeks ago i still feel like cr*p

Same old. Same old.

How many kids are mauled to death by Spaniels, Labradors, Collies etc.?

Dangerous dogs are dangerous.

I don't expect to be agreed with, I'm just angry.

Thas absolute rubbish, I bet if you tot up the amount of dog attacks on people over a 12 month period you will see that the so called dangerous dogs are way down from the top of the leader board.
All dogs are dangerous, in the past 25 years I have owned 2 staffies, 1 English Bull Terrier, a Pitbull Terrier, a Jack russell and I have at the moment an American Bulldog, the only dog out of the ones I owned that ever bit anyone was the Jack Russell that we rescued from the RSPCA, it was taken back immediately and destroyed all the other dogs were brought up from pups by me and my family and they were all soft as brushes.
The goverment should have a Dangerous Owner list and not blame a certain breed.

This was a result of walking to freinds house i bumped in to a german shepherd on the way that got out of a house, this was 3 weeks ago i still feel like cr*p

Jesus that looks painfull :(

I bet the dogs owner would swear blind it's a big softie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back