Boy, Four, Mauled To Death By Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a update guys.

Illegal & deadly | The Sun |News

"uk-wales"

I rest my case then keeping an illegal breed around young children. That breed is used in the states for fighting. They leave them outside tied up all day the keep them hungry and most do not get the dog any medical attention after fights because of the fact it is illegal.

I watched animal planet last night actualy and there was one on there and although it was perfectly docile around the vet and the police they ordered it be put down because of the risk on the public and other dogs.

So in this case yet again an irresponsible owner is to blame for owning the dog in the first place.

Yeah. If a four year old was killed by a Chihuahua the press would hush it up because of its agenda against Bull Mastiffs.

Jesus Christ. Nara is right. I know the guys on here who have dogs that are classified as 'dangerous' will not like it, and will have stories of their own well behaved dog as evidence, but there does appear to be a serious issue with the 'nature' of these breeds of dog.

If you selectively breed a dog to be vicious, then years later that dogs descendants will still have those innate traits.

Are all 'dangerous' dogs definitely going to kill or maim? No.

Is the increased risk worth taking?

In my opinion, no.

Yes I have a story

We have a 12 stone Bull Mastiff and I didn't see Mastiffs on the dangerous dog list ? anyway I agree with daveh I blame the owners 99.9% of the time, yes you will get a rogue dog in ANY breed but if you treat them with kindness love and respect and install discipline into the dog I don't see a problem, I have 3 daughters aged 26, 24 & 21 and 2 grandchildren aged 3 & 4 .. I have had 6 dogs over the last 28 years, 3 English Bull Terriers, 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers and the Bull Mastiff we have now, we had 2 of the English Bull terriers before we had the children, accepted the children no problems, perhaps we've been lucky ? but I'm positive it's to do with how the dog is trained and treated

Having said all that I would not trust or own an American Pitbull terrier, Asking for trouble imho

Yes I have a story

We have a 12 stone Bull Mastiff and I didn't see Mastiffs on the dangerous dog list ? anyway I agree with daveh I blame the owners 99.9% of the time, yes you will get a rogue dog in ANY breed but if you treat them with kindness love and respect and install discipline into the dog I don't see a problem, I have 3 daughters aged 26, 24 & 21 and 2 grandchildren aged 3 & 4 .. I have had 6 dogs over the last 28 years, 3 English Bull Terriers, 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers and the Bull Mastiff we have now, we had 2 of the English Bull terriers before we had the children, accepted the children no problems, perhaps we've been lucky ? but I'm positive it's to do with how the dog is trained and treated

Having said all that I would not trust or own an American Pitbull terrier, Asking for trouble imho

interesting read on this link bronto

Dangerous dogs in the UK - Dangerous dogs in England - Rottweilers - Bull Terriers - List of Banned Dogs - Family Pets - Dangerous Dogs Act

there's more fatal and disfiguring attacks by dogs not on the dangerous dogs list

Dangerous dogs in the UK - Dangerous dogs in England - Rottweilers - Bull Terriers - List of Banned Dogs - Family Pets - Dangerous Dogs Act

there's more fatal and disfiguring attacks by dogs not on the dangerous dogs list

Did you actually read that article benny? It says exactly the opposite.

Top 10 dogs for KILLING children or causing serious harm to children :
1. Staffordshire Bull Terriers
2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
4. German Shepherds (*****ians)
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bullmastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
9. Dobermans (Doberman Pinschers)
10. American Bulldogs

Maybe you didn't get that far. You need to account for the relative numbers of each dog.

Last edited:
Reactions: v14
You can prove anything with facts and evidence Nara.

Have you ever tired ill informed emotive ranting, eh eh!?

It's grrrreat!

I'm pissed.

2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bullmastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
10. American Bulldogs

You seriously have to question the motives of people owning these types of dogs in the first place. Could some of the members on here say why they choose these types of dogs over safer breeds. I'm genuinely intrested.

2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bullmastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
10. American Bulldogs

You seriously have to question the motives of people owning these types of dogs in the first place. Could some of the members on here say why they choose these types of dogs over safer breeds. I'm genuinely intrested.

Are you having a laugh look at the other traits of all these dogs they far outway the bad traits, someone else who knows f88kall about dogs.

I have a huge bull mastiff and he is soft as clarts he,s a lovely family dog I,m very surprised to see them number six on that chart.

And there not on the dangerous dogs act list.

Are you having a laugh look at the other traits of all these dogs they far outway the bad traits, someone else who knows f88kall about dogs.

So is that a "no, I can't justify why I own one"?

I'm asking what are the traits that safer dogs don't offer?

2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bull-mastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
10. American Bulldogs

You seriously have to question the motives of people owning these types of dogs in the first place. Could some of the members on here say why they choose these types of dogs over safer breeds. I'm genuinely interested.

Ive had four bull mastiffs now because they are a very loyal family dog and I pick this breed because Its one more potential man made dangerous dog given a normal family home and fed rather then some druggy using it as weapon.

Last edited:
Seems like you genuinely like the breed and they are more docile than the rest on the list.

I've had dogs in the past, just lost a Basset this March and was always a bit weary when he was around children, not because of him but because of the way children treat dogs. They poke, squeeze, invade their space and generally get on their nerves. You have a dog with a lack of patience and can do some damage and that's a recipe for disaster are far as i can see.

Seems like you genuinely like the breed and they are more docile than the rest on the list.

I've had dogs in the past, just lost a Basset this March and was always a bit weary when he was around children, not because of him but because of the way children treat dogs. They poke, squeeze, invade their space and generally get on their nerves. You have a dog with a lack of patience and can do some damage and that's a recipe for disaster are far as i can see.

I see your point about kids and I'm afraid I don't let kids play with mine as accidents like knocking them over and licking them to deff do happen

but I would feel the same about any large dog, big dogs and kids don't mix no matter what breed like you say a finger in the eye is to easily done.

They are docile and bouncy slavery dogs but that just ads to there character they can be trained though if you take the time mine have picked up the basics quite quick.

like give paws fetch roll bark once twice three etc they just need a bit more effort.

It,s all about the owners if you ask me.

2. Rottweilers
3. Japanese Akitas
5. Pit Bull Terriers
6. Bullmastiffs
7. Huskies
8. English Bull Terriers
10. American Bulldogs

quote where you got that from, as i can pull facts that state otherwise with staffies, there one of the top dogs recomended for how they behave around kids.

anyone on here can pull facts, mostly google searches as they know f*ck all about dogs yet post like there the be all and end all, i could mention names but i think we know.

opinion on everything inc what colour shit should be if the post was started.

this isnt aimed at the person i quoted either... im talking in general.

i say again its owners, either mistreating or putting the dogs (any breed) in a position where something could happen,

ANY dog can attack but the devil dog brigade dont or wont see that, there on a par to racists (tongue in cheek waits for the quotes), singling out one breed to hate because a few have attacked (like any dog can).

put it this way, how many so called devil dogs are there in the uk? staffies rotties ect..... how many attack? i bet the ratio of attacks to dogs is very low.

now is that down to dog or owner why the majority have not and probably never will bite or attack.

oh and before i sign off, whats with the there bred to kill, all dogs before domesticated wherew killers (wolfs), so your arguement is all other dogs got domesticated and the devil dogs didnt. please grow up.

sits back lights cig and awaits "the few" to misquote bits they like without taking it in its entirity.

Source linked on same page I quoted from and in answer to your question I think shit should be light brown with a nice squigy texture. :)

Thommo, you seem passionate about these dogs but shouldn't you be angry at the owners giving you a bad name and not us. Children are getting killed at an alarmingly more freqent rate by thesetype of dogs.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many incidents happen with dogs that have responsible owners but that would be hard to quantify though.

Last edited:
im not angry m8, but i dont like seeing one breed pin pointed when its any dog that can do it, i am angry at idiot owners but the same goes for people who jump on the wagon because of press reports, all dogs can and do bite/attack.

people who say i wont have one of them because..... yet they have a lab for example, that dog can do the exact same thing. people say well them dogs are more likely to do it, thats plain wrong, idiots get them because they think they look cool, thats not the dogs fault that there attractive to idiots who dont know how to treat/look after them.

if labs where attractive to idiots you would see more posts/reportsd of them attacking.
a dog (wolf) is a dog (wolf) whatever the breed is just like a human is a human whatever the breed.

take certain arab countries would you say there more violent than western countries? is that because there a lesser persons? or because its the way they have been brought up? the enviroment they live in? ect... ( i know some will say there not more violent, just like this thread on dogs really, opinion).

no one will agree its all opinion, but for me any dog can attack inc staffies rotties ect.. but the same goes for labs and poodles, they where all wild at one point and then domesticated, just like man who is supposed to be domesticated but not all tow the line and can and will attack and murder. the ones (dogs and man) who get out of line get punished, but to blame all (dogs or man) for anothers crime is wrong.

feck i can type cant i when i get into it :)

Thommo mate, I see your point and it is most certainly the owners fault but you have to agree these dogs can do a lot more damage in a short space of time. Say a collie was trained to fight it would still take it a lot longer for it to do the same sort of damage, thats just genetics.

It is a shame these dogs are getting in the wrong hands but apart from banning these dogs how do you stop it from happening? I know it wouldn't be fair on you or other responsible owners but if it saves just one childs life it got to be worth it hasn't it?

erm... the chart is headed

Which good traits in a dog outweigh the rather bad trait of killing or causing serious harm to children?

Did you actually read that article benny? It says exactly the opposite.

hahaha..its seems your brain isnt in gear.. as usual..........i will spell it out for you

dangerous dogs list in the uk
pit bull terrier or any crossbred mongrel like the pitbull...or any cross bred mongrel that a police vet sees fit to brand as a dangerous dog {this could include some legitimate new breeds but you would have to argue your case in court}
japanese tosa
Dogo Argentino
fila brasileiro

i dont see staffs or rottys on this list

Maybe you didn't get that far. You need to account for the relative numbers of each dog.

bollox...and maybe you need to account for the amount of people that buy dogs and can't handle them

erm... the chart is headed

Which good traits in a dog outweigh the rather bad trait of killing or causing serious harm to children?

My response was in question to the above its not hard really.:Cheers:

bollox...and maybe you need to account for the amount of people that buy dogs and can't handle them

Two points benny.

1. I don't mind people shortening my posts when they're quoting from them, but I do resent additions being made. What you have quoted is not what I posted.

2. In my post I quoted accurately from the article that you yourself gave a link to. You obviously hadn't read the whole thing. Your reply was "bollox..." .

If that's the best you can do, you really shouldn't be getting involved in rational debate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back