Box has come

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have this tiny dreambox thingy whats me first step ?

Do I set the dish to zero reference before I unplug the old system ?

I thought I saw a tut here somewhere but I have awoke full of cold, ahhhhh, and me head is bouncin :(

Soooooooooooooooo

Where do we go from here, is it down to the late cafeeeee, :NEXT:

just to let you know all the satellite mods have gone to corfu for a month, and we're all going to be too drunk to answer our phones

I havnt routed the ethernet cable yet thought I'd get the basic thing working first sooooo, do I set the dish to zero ref or doesnt it matter, just before I go in mob handed :)

Ok flashed the box, after ten mins it still hadnt done anything, lol. Soooo pulled plug and left it off for a few mins. Switched back on still fook all, pmsl.

Think this is what I did wrong, I switched box on before loading dream up and it upset it coz the second time I tried to flash it I pressed connect on dreamup then switched box on and its flashed fine, got a big shinney gp logo now and all the settings Craig has gave me are input.

Just gonna drill hole and route ethernet cable to box now :)

Fingers crossed.

One for you to watch for Krazy ;)

Digi I anit phoned ya yet, lol. I am scanning all sats, pmsl ah well. Got ethernet cable routed ready though ;) And that dream control centre thingy has a green line, just gonna forward ports to it now while its scanning.

its nice and simple if you make it a dmz server and i prefer that for setting it up. Then you can change when all is working and just forward the ports you need for more security, but really it doesnt matter as its just us few friends. Some here are set up as dmz and its safe enough, plus its easier to fix if someone has a problem because i can do it remotely :).
Good luck dutcho, hope our whole system dont crash as soon as you connect lol.

ok you should have internet connection on the dreambx then? Have you tried to download extras by using the dreambox menu yet? Press the blue button on remote and then go to addons then download and install.... fingers crossed its all working first time :).

You will need to download a CAM (full install) and you need to then find MGCAMD in the list then click on it to auto-install it.
Has dodgy gave you the config files you need? If you give me your current IP addy (by pm or pager) i can send them straight into your receiver while you are dmz'd, but you'll need MGCAMD loaded first.

Oh fook ur going to get dodgy to fook ur box up lol god help you lol

i'm on my second router since install say no names lol digi was right those fuking little black and silver boxes lol

You got a fav channel list I can nick instead of having to go through every channel, lol. Got to get up the ladder and move dish so I can get astra 2 when the weather breaks.

How are you getting on m80 :) Having fun by the sounds of it..

Is it the db0x User & Pass that you need?

user = root
pass = dreambox

If your stuck for a channel bouquet give us a shout and I'll back mine up and attach as a starter for you

Back