VU+ Duo Box gets stuck in restarting look

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys
my vu duo seems to have some sort of bug. It keeps restarting, goes from starting to vu+ duo, then restarts. If i turn the box off and on many times i can get it to work, but then every few days it does it again. Im running black hole. Any ideas? is there a way of installing an image via the network? ie like the dm 800 holding in the power button?
Cheers in advance guys

Do you have a USB device plugged in. I've noticed that my USB drops connection and then when epg updates it goes to the internal flash which screws my box.

nah mate nothing plugged in, even unplugged the hdd but nothing seems to make a difference. Not messed about with boxes for about a year now so dunno whats safe? im game to try vix but dont know how to install as the box doesnt boot?

You could use the VTI Util to flash over Null modem and Ethernet when the Duos first came out but to do so you needed the NFI versions of the images. NFI versions are no longer released by the image groups.

Can you just not reflash via USB ?

i can install via usb, i just dont know how to lol? the image on the box has been on there that long i cant remember what i need to do! lol

i can install via usb, i just dont know how to lol? the image on the box has been on there that long i cant remember what i need to do! lol

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick. Or in some cases you may need to make a folder named vuplus then inside that folder create another named duo. The send the boot, kernel and root file to the duo folder.

3. Turn off the power at the back of the VU rear of the VU+ you'll find the switch near the power cable. Insert your USB stick in the front USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

On the front display you'll see reading USB device, this takes a while then you'll see erasing then programming.

It will then tell you to remove USB and reboot. Reboot with the power switch at the back.

Ferret

For me Blackhole I try them all but always end up back on Blackhole.

Its a personal choice a lot do like VIX but I prefer to use OpenPLI and tweak it to my needs.

Can I just install any or do I need to know what version etc? Are the images on here? Just on phone at the mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nah it's a clone mate, about a year old, It's either a v2 or 3, not sure how to check?!

I can't get that far at the mo mate stuck in the loop! I'll keep trying to get to that screen when I get home in a quarter hr

Hi magicalbeef,

I don't know anything about the receiver in question... but on other receivers the booting loop is sometimes caused by a corrupt channel list... try removing the feed (cable) from your Dish/LNB and then try flashing the new image...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi,
When that happened to me i just returned to factory settings then reloaded the latest BlackHole. The more you do the re-install the more you figure out what these box's can do.

PS what managed to make it work?

Regards,
Pinkpopgirl.

Back