Boot loop

Sorry about that.
Downloaded older version but only offers me ports which are already in use.
Assigned to com7 but not getting any output on IFA?
May be a clash somewhere.
How do I disable whatever is using com7 then assign this to my usb to serail adapter (which was on com12)? I'm on XP professional.
Cheers

Open the driver settings for the usb adapter and choose the first free comport. Start with com1.

Very strange. Could not assign to com1 last night as it was being used by something else. Must have buggered something up (not sure what yet) as I can assign to com1 this morning.
No loop this time, just sat at the initail flashing logo.
Anyway. Please see attached log.
Thanks for your help.

when it stops at that point try a flash reset m8. keep everything going and press in the up and power button on front of box till lcd goes off and let go.

see if that works m8

No joy mate.
Starts up, starts to load image then reboots after a couple of seconds.
Then flashing assistant cuts in.
Stops at same point. 'recursion detected'.

Choose flashing without null modem but let your null modem cable connected.

It flashed the image ok.
No boot log message displayed but I take it this was expected.
Still looping !!!!???
Have we reached the end of the road ?

I've noticed there are some commands that I can execute via the flash assistant window. Is there anything in there to allow the fix of the boot problem ?

Last edited:
Back to the basics, try plain bootmanager.
Install the plain bootmanager, start bootmanager, type 192.168.0.202 for the box IP, check if the correct nework card is selected, select the correct com port, don't click start, click on utilities, click on Image flashen, select your image, click ok, you get a warning in german, click ok, plugin your box.

I've attached the settings on bootmanager.
It appears to be looking for a file in a folder that does not exist.
When I have 'Enable Bootp' unticked, the box just loops as usual.
When ticked, the box displyas neutrino but does not find a file it's after.
Are my settings correct ?
Do I have to create a folder for this file it's looking for ?
Thanks again for spending the time mate.

Click on stop, click utilities Image flashen and so on.
Press the up arrow on the box and plugin your box. If you see text on the lcd you can release the button. Type boot net into the com terminal and enter.

Don't click on start. You have to use the automatic.
Click on stop, close bootmanager, open it again, don't click on start, follow the steps I mentioned in the above posting, don't click on start, after selecting the image and clicking ok for the warning the bootmanager starts automatically.

Sorry mate but it is not starting automatically.
Using version 3.2.0.354 and also tried the translated version by Liam.

Is it worth pursuing my above entry about the missing file ?
I've tried pointing boot manager towards the relevant area and also changed the ini file but for some reason it always changes the folder it points to once start is pressed. Not sure where it is picking these 'default' directories from.

Don't click start. The bootmanager starts automatically after the warning and wait for the box. You get only a message in the first window. If you plugin your box you get the messages from the box displayed into the com terminal.
If you get the message with the missing file you has broken the automatic.

I'll give it another go but I tried it a couple of times and saw nothing in the COM window.

While I was waiting, I managed to get bootmanager to pick up that missing file.
I'm now in at the linux o/s level.
Any thing I can do at this level to fix the boot loop ?
I know a little unix (dangerous I know) if that's any help.
Is it possible to pull working OS files from a working box and replace them in the looping box ?

Please see latest log.

Back