boot disk

magnet

Member +
Reaction score
i downloaded the boot disk file from kazaa for the psx, so that i can play copied games without chipping the play station. however i didn`t work. can anyone send me the file please, or point me in the right direction to get it, cheers.

ooops ...playstation one ????
May be the same like with the playstation2.

sure you can download and burn any boot disc,but it wont work with out a mod chip,because it has unreadable sectors that can not be written with any burner,same as a game.that is why you need a mod chip.
a psx can not read a cdr without a mod chip of some sort the original boot disc is not a cdr.
What i mean..is:
a original "ps-x- change 2 "boot cd will play backups without a modchip, but a cdr backup of a psx-change will not.
http://www.psxdepot.com/

Sorry my english sucks....hope you can understand what i mean.

Cheers :D :D :D

cheers lads. it is the original brick play station i`ve got. i`ve seen the same boot disk thing u suggested dark angel at www.divineo.co.uk but i was just trying to get it for nothing.

no harm in trying though. if i buy the disk from divineo, if i copy it and put it in my shared folder, will others get a good copy that works?

I wrote you, You can not copy the original boot disc and burn for using it on a no mod chip psx !!!
But you could share a copy for ppl, who have a mod chip. Those ppl can use it.

sorry dark angel i get it now you`ve put it in red.
qoute "sorry my english sucks....hope you can understand what i mean. " lol.

just a question though, u said that boot disks cannot be written by any burner, so how do they make the disk they sell on divineo?

thanks for ur help, mag.

ive just copied a boot disc for the ps1 for a m8 and he says it works as far as i know his machine is not chipped i will email the image file to anyone that wants it
It was done with click n burn

I dont think it is D.A. but i will check this out I cant see why he would want a boot disc if his machine was chipped.
I may also be able to get a hold of an unchipped ps1 to try this out on and i will let you know I will send you a copy of the image file for you to examine and try
regards ianbbb

Some old or bad mod ships need for some games a boot disc.
Believe me...he must have chipped playstation.
I can not believe it works without a mod chip. It can not be.

I am really confused !!! :confused:

if it does work ianbbb, can u mail me a copy please.

when u say stamped out, does that mean they use different software, or industrial burners?

a read me file that came with the boot disk file, said to use Adaptec EZ CD Pro 2.1 to burn the file with, but from what dark angel and monkeyspunks said it wouldn`t make any difference,

i`m confused????

I am confused too.
Try out if the boot disc copy from IANBB works and tell me.
I always thought it can not be done.
And i always adviced ppl to get a mod chip instead of a crap boot disc. Much less hassle.
But now when the copy really works you both have teached me a lesson.

:::shrugs::: I can not always be right. :(

ok Got it Just need To take a chip out of a psx or ps1?
(which is it ment to do?)

Thankz Monkeyspunks

Now why would you what a copy of boot disc if your ps1 is already chipped :D :)

NO you dont need your ps1 chipped to use a boot disc,
Thats why its called a boot disc all you need is a spring to fit into the back of the lid put the disc in and start it up as soon as it stops you put your copy game in ;)

The new Ver: is PS-X-Change v2.0 if anyone as it and you should be able to copy it with cloneCD if your CD recorder is supported with it.

Regards Gazer.

Back