Blue Zeta Cam + Fun 5 Flash Help

yes the are all ok the only thing i did which perhaps i should have left was altering the ird to zeros instead of leaving it.its a tv the sony bravia

reading on another forum with similar problem turned out to be a faulty cam.....

so do you think its wise to get another zeta blue and change the firmware again?or would you recommend a different cam?cheers

so do you think its wise to get another zeta blue and change the firmware again?or would you recommend a different cam?cheers

i've never had issues with my cams, i just saying what i read on another forum...the decision is urs...try the firmware again first

just a quickie it was funloader for the flash when changing.the firmware onthe zeta?dementia has set in already lol

sorry neathdrew i want to try and put the joker fw on my zeta blue .i have the joker.079.but where do i get the loader hex for the flash.i am using a funcard 5 to update the cam again.i know what your gonna say."should have written it down ".but i didn't what a kobhead!!!

Last edited:
sorry neathdrew i want to try and put the joker fw on my zeta blue .i have the joker.079.but where do i get the loader hex for the flash.i am using a funcard 5 to update the cam again.i know what your gonna say."should have written it down ".but i didn't what a kobhead!!!

you managed to flash the fun with the joker 0.79 firmware using a funcard?? i never managed that... only by using a cas interface......only ever managed to change the blue zetacam firmware version to v2C272X using the funcard method

what does it read (show) when you put the cam in the ci slot?

does it show 0.79 like below?

View attachment 45280

Last edited:
i hav'nt tried to put joker on the zeta.i didn't know you could only put v2c272x on using a fun card.cos i was having the problem of the channels going off after 30 secs or so i thought i could just change the fw again.will i be able to just rewriteover the v2c272x with the funcard again.using the same v2c272x fw

i hav'nt tried to put joker on the zeta.i didn't know you could only put v2c272x on using a fun card.cos i was having the problem of the channels going off after 30 secs or so i thought i could just change the fw again.will i be able to just rewriteover the v2c272x with the funcard again.using the same v2c272x fw

oh right....should be able to

get the files from

h**p://www.boxfirm.republika.pl/

Last edited:
sorry if i confused you i only thought that i could try the joker as an alternative fw.didn't realise that wasn't poss with a funcard.:grayno: i bet you really get peed of with us novices(well especially me)

guys am struggling to update my zeta blue cam with fun card 5 using my sony tv.

Everytime i put in the cam in the slot it first detects it but doesnt ask if i want to update the cam or not. I go the ca module setup wich shows it has detected but wen i click on it, it grays out and says only available when CA module inserted after which it detects again.

Whats am i doing wrong someone help, faulty cam maybe? bad flash on card what?

Did you insert the fun card into the cam with the chip upwards and backwards?

is it possible to update cam using funcard 4 instead of funcard 5.

Hi guys, could someone please help, im new to all this. Using a blue zeta got a basic fun programmer using funprom to prog card. Trying to update the firmware using Fun5 but the update is in BIN format and funprom only allows HEX files. Tried using bin2hex and no luck either. Any ideas? Getting "Wrong Format" errors. Thanks

Try this, I have never had any problems with swapbinhex. Just unzip and then drag your bin file over the icon, it will convert to hex.

hello

I have finally got there with ur help flashed the zeta cam with the firmware and got the channels working using a funcard. the only problem is that the channels only work for 30 seconds and then they go off and there is a lot of jittering on pay tv channels this does not occur on the 1 -4 channels. is anybody using the zeta cam and do u have this problem. thanks for ur help

cheerz

the same happened to me and looking at some other posts it's been the same for others.i was told that a black icecrypt cam with the joker firmware would work.i got the cam off flea bay but now have to buy the programmer.it's all getting a bit too expensive.i may just stick with my eurovox max v.:grayno:

the same happened to me and looking at some other posts it's been the same for others.i was told that a black icecrypt cam with the joker firmware would work.i got the cam off flea bay but now have to buy the programmer.it's all getting a bit too expensive.i may just stick with my eurovox max v.:grayno:

totally agree with u getting expensive i have also been told that will work with oker firmware but programmer will set me back another £50

guys am struggling to update my zeta blue cam with fun card 5 using my sony tv.

Everytime i put in the cam in the slot it first detects it but doesnt ask if i want to update the cam or not. I go the ca module setup wich shows it has detected but wen i click on it, it grays out and says only available when CA module inserted after which it detects again.

Whats am i doing wrong someone help, faulty cam maybe? bad flash on card what?

I'm having the same problem. Anyone has any success? I read that some zeta blue (0101) are locked and can't take new fw? Anyone know if that's tru or if there is a solution?

Indy

Back