Blue Zeta Cam + Fun 5 Flash Help

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have read numerous posts on flashing a blue zeta cam by using the v.2C272X firmware and using a fun 5 to flash the cam with it. a lot of the members have doen it but no-one has posted step by step how this has been doen. At the moment i haev an orginal blue zeta cam. I ahev downloaded the loader and copied and pasted to a notebook file.

a question here is Do I save the loader as .hex file.

I have aslo download the firmware. this the part where i am stuck on how to program the funcard with files that i have got and then how insert it into teh cam slot of the sony t.v and update the cam. help would be grealty appreciated thanks

Thanks

hi taxigeoff could you tell me where you got your zeta blue cam with the firmware on that you have for the sony tv please.i bought one last week but the firmware is different.i dont wanna buy a programmer if i can just get the correct zeta cam.many thanks

Last edited:
hi taxigeoff could you tell me where you got your zeta blue cam with the firmware on that you have for the sony tv please.i bought one last week but the firmware is different.i dont wanna buy a programmer if i can just get the correct zeta cam.many thanks

You cant buy them with joker firmware on now. This is probably due to the makers of the latest zeta cams disableing the ability to programm them with Cas interface. The only way to change the firmware is to use a fun card. I have managed to do this with the help of others on here but i cant get the card to autoupdate. This may be due to the firmware on the cam.

thanks for that.did you do it without using a programmer or thru the tv cam slot?

I programmed a funcard 5 with the 2C272X files, put this in the cam then put the cam in the TV. Then just follow what it says on screen. If you need to reset cam just remove it then put it back in. Dont rush the process, let the TV finish what it is doing.

You cant buy them with joker firmware on now. This is probably due to the makers of the latest zeta cams disableing the ability to programm them with Cas interface. The only way to change the firmware is to use a fun card. I have managed to do this with the help of others on here but i cant get the card to autoupdate. This may be due to the firmware on the cam.

hi geoff

nothing to do with the firmware on the cam its the img/flash on the card....

hello

thanks for the replies so far. i have got the v.2C272X zeta firmware and also the cam loader. do i save both of these as a hex file before programming on funcard.

cheers thanks

Can this be done using a Floppydtv card and dvbviewer? or do you have to use a TV cam slot?

i use hardcam - bluezeta and fun with my floppydtv - thats y i bought it to use in vista mce which doesn't support softcam.....the only reason to buy a floppydtv i can see is to use vista otherwise buy a cheap budget card and use softcam

Sorry, I wanted to know if I could use the floppyDTV and dvbviewer to run the fun5 update on my blue zeta as I dont have single going into my TV I got to the downloading module screen then it went off saying no signal so I was wondering if I could use the PC to run this update on the zeta blue.

Does that make sense?

Sorry, I wanted to know if I could use the floppyDTV and dvbviewer to run the fun5 update on my blue zeta as I dont have single going into my TV I got to the downloading module screen then it went off saying no signal so I was wondering if I could use the PC to run this update on the zeta blue.

Does that make sense?

any application eg my theatre that sees ur cam can be used to update cam....just stick in programmed card and follow instructions

OK Thanks but I actually managed to keep the TV alive by constantly press on of the arrow keys on the remote so I got to the update complete/ready screen now I just need to work out the next step, I was expecting a screen to enter some options but nothing happened (I am reading from another thread your) I removed the card and the cam then just inserted the cam but nothing happened.

I need to go and sleep now and I will try using my theater tomorrow to see if I get any further let me know if you have any further info that will help :)

TIA

OK so I am offically confused, I have tried to do this update to my cam and I have tried using MyTheatre and DVBViewer but none of these see my CAMS, although I can view channels fine I was using Vista so thought this might be a problem so I installed XP used the standard BDA drivers for my FloppyDTV card but still nothing.. I dont get it am I missing something?

hi guys i have now got a infinity usb programmer.i also have a funcard 5.ive got a zetablue cam with v298axe firmware on it.i know i need to flash the cam with either the v2c272 or joker 0.79.this is where i get stuck.on the infinity software the are 3 drop downs to write too.flash.int eeprom.ext.eeprom.where do i put the hex file that ive converted from bin.i dont want auto update at the mo.all i want to do is change my cam so that i can access it when its in the tv.ive read taxigeoffs comments but stuck on the card writing part.please help!!!!!!!!:drink:

camloader.hex is your Flash and the firmware file is your ext.eeprom.

I would suggest you use the floppydtv commoninterface.exe (found in c:\Program Files\FireDTV\Tools\) file to modify your CAM.

Once you put your fun update into the CAM the commoninterface.exe will pop up with a question, answer yes. pull your firewire cable out and put it back in when your instructed to switch off your decoder (IRD, or something along those lines) and wait for it to finish downloading the update.

cheers thanks for that.its another avenue to follow but with all your guys help maybe i will get there!!!!!!!!!:Drool:

after a couple of hours yesterday i managed to flash my cam with the funcard 5.so guys how do i get to editing the keys.do i have to reprog the fun 5 to access the keys?i have changed the box key to all zero's.but what about the ird.how do i get that from the tv. and can i also make it up with zero's.when i do finally sus "it with lots of help from you guy's" i am going to put it on here for all novices like me.step by step

after a couple of hours yesterday i managed to flash my cam with the funcard 5.so guys how do i get to editing the keys.do i have to reprog the fun 5 to access the keys?i have changed the box key to all zero's.but what about the ird.how do i get that from the tv. and can i also make it up with zero's.when i do finally sus "it with lots of help from you guy's" i am going to put it on here for all novices like me.step by step

search the net for au fun img,......choose a 8 pairs of haxadecimal numbers/letters and use this as bk on both the cam and card, they must match........forget about the ird.....no need to edit kys, should au once on an encrypted channel, just leave the channel on as it can take up to 20 mins to au

thanks for that.where do i put the au image?is it flash,int eeprom,or ext eeprom.and is that the only file i need to put on the funcard 5?

Back