blue screen

kabzy mabzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps

tying to get my 360 sammy drive hooked up to my pc so i can make some backups but when i connect it up on the pc it loads on to my desktop screen and then after 30 seconds i get a blue screen stating something about driver problems, and then the pc reboots.

my hard drive is also connected via sata!

any suggestions peeps?

cheers

Kabzy

What firmware are you using when you go into windows? You need the 0800 firmware installed for it to be recognised in windows or you can use the new v2 firmware and insert the enable disk to select the 0800 mode. No need to keep flashing with the new firmware

kazby man,what u trying to back up,its much easier using wx ripper to make back ups than connecting you drive to ur pc,and its not like the ss files are hard to find

just thought would give it a go. had the 0800 software on but as stated above, the pc would crash.

youre right violentj but i wanna KNOW how! lol

cheers

Only thing I can think of is reflashing the drive with the firmware from another source and retrying it. Maybe its corrupt?

ok you get yourself wxripper,a dvd over 7.5 gig-star wars or special ed chainsaw massacre are what ive used,
anyway put your dvd in,open wx ripper select the drive your movie is in
,once its recodnised it press the stop disc button,then use the emergency hole on your dvd drive to release the disc
swap it with your game close the tray,
press start disc,then find magic number
once its found it dump disc-leave it to dump,once done u merge it with the appropriate ss file and burn

so i dont need to hook my 360 drive to my pc at all?? and flash the 0800 crap at all??

just do what youve said above and merge it with an the appropriate ss file, which i d/load from the net!

alot easier man.

cheers

Back