Phone Unlocking Blacklisted Phone

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, i recently purchased a phone that states inactive sim when started, so i rung up orange and they said it has been blacklisted. Is there anyway of de-blacklisting it?
Thanks in advance,
Nick.

It's been reported stolen or lost, so the answers no. I think you can get in a bit of trouble if someone reactivartes it by changing the ime1

It was reported as lost, is changing the IMEI number the only option?

what if you dont change the imei
then is it still an offence????????

I think only changing the IEMI is an offence, not worth it. People can do it, software is out there but the fines are hefty!

That being said, if you put an orange sim in there and go on holiday to Italy, it may just pickup a signal and work... infact Id put money on it working, wink wink.

That being said, if you put an orange sim in there and go on holiday to Italy, it may just pickup a signal and work... infact Id put money on it working, wink wink.

I wont be going to italy or abroad any time soon :Laugh:

As JamJo says it will only work abroad now mate , they only ban them within the U.K.

Yep hes right :)

If it gets unblocked in the uk without the original network operator lifting the block, it will just lock again mate :(

Dont think the hint was to go on holiday but maybe, let someone aquire it that is on holiday permanently there :p

sell it on ebay to someone over seas ?????? how you would avoid uk buyers is a sommick you would have to work out let me know if you sus it out I have a new nok 6500 that has been blocked through a bill dispute

or search google for swapping and swap it for a blocked one in a diff country

The sister in law found a nokia 6500 that had been blocked

Had it reactivated for £15 and its been goin strong for over 6 months now,never been reblocked

Dont know who did it or how it was done but i know she's well happy with it!!

Thanks for replys. apparently fisal said he can get it done but i am still waiting at this moment for it to be unblocked.

Back