black ops 2 black screen

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, just a heads up for all the rgh xboxers, new black ops 2 is around and if you have dashlaunch installed it more than likely will load but as soon as you try to start a campaign you will just get a black screen, the way to get it working is to unistall dashlauch, so you can either build a new nand image with out the dashlauch patches in or if you start up xex menu, navigate to dashlauch folder and load the dashlauch default.xex file, when its loaded click rb to bring the settings bit up and go down to uninstall and then go down to quit, now black ops 2 will run, thanks

Hello mate, is it safe building a dash launch with out the patches ? Some of them stop the box from connecting to live etc.

I have a new dash launch on mine (not sure what version it is) I'll have to have a look into it and see what version etc. it is.

I think I'm on Dash Launch 3.00 (beta)

I thought you needed the dashlaunch files to run FSD ? as that kicks in before that.....

I see the new dashlaunch is out...
DashLaunch v3.03 is out! support for the just released 16197 Dashboard

So would it not be safer to update the dash and use the new 3.03 than delete it all together.

(I know i take precautions and also have family settings to block live)

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack your thread but l just downloaded Call.Of.Duty.Black.Ops.II.RF-X360ISO by twat named snakeeee@plissken from the news groups and it had a password.
Just a heads up

Hiya, well i updated with the live cd last night and it still wouldnt work, would think they will fetch a new one shortly when they had a look whats happening, you can still start fsd manually, try starting the game t first just in case on your machine you never know, also you could pull the ethernet lead out for abit if your worried about connecting to live but unless you click connect to live or somethng like that you box shouldnt connect, im already on latest dash 16197 and tried latest dashlauch and the game would boot but as soon as you started a campaign you would be left with a black screen, id prefer to have dashlauch installed but dont think itll be too lng before i finshed game and hopefully dashlacuh guys will of found out whats happeningnby then,
Just thought i have a modded profile on my rgh, one to make fifa dlc and stuff like that work, says xbox live under the profile name, i also have another normal profile and thats the one i been using since knocking dash
lauch off, just in case,

Last edited:
no ping patch for system link then ? :(

For Rgh/Jtaggers no need to uninstall dashlauch just unload it.

1 - start dashlauch...
2 - press rb twice, select unload dashlaunch from memory
3 - select start on the same screen, select your black ops 2 god or xex and have fun...

waiting on a ping fix , some have swapped over to devkit!

h..p://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-play-xbslink-without-dashlaunch-how-to-stop-freezing.809770/

how do you start dash launch lol

For Rgh/Jtaggers no need to uninstall dashlauch just unload it.

1 - start dashlauch...
3 - select start on the same screen, select your black ops 2 god or xex and have fun...

if it's in your "ini" then dash launch will start automatically.....?

if it's in your "ini" then dash launch will start automatically.....?

so how where and when do u do this
1 - start dashlauch...

start up xex menu, navigate to dashlauch folder and load the dashlauch default.xex file, when its loaded click rb to bring the settings bit up and go down to uninstall and then go down to quit, now black ops 2 will run

here is the new dashlaunch-v3-03

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/293325/

Last edited by a moderator:
what name do dash launch folder have when im looking for it with xex menu
or in that link do i just put the full unzipped folder in hdd1 and navigate to that ?

cant find it anywhere just now and cod2 has the black screen so i must have it some where lol

Last edited:
if your on the new update m8 16197 Dashboard

just unzip the dashlaunch-v3-03

then use xex menu to fined it and run the program on your hdd1

dashlaunch-v3-03

i'll be sticking the new dash launch and new dashboard on the jtag sometime over the weekend, So i'll be looking into this.

Is the current leaked version of this game only for RGH boxes ??

i just used my RGH m8

but looks like its ok when you burn to disk as well

works 100% burn't on ihas624 on 4x aones
booted up no problem on firmware LT3 game works 100% no black screen etc

i just used my RGH m8

but looks like its ok when you burn to disk as well

works 100% burn't on ihas624 on 4x aones
booted up no problem on firmware LT3 game works 100% no black screen etc

Cheers, I'll get this downloaded tonight then hopefully they dont start pulling from usenet/newsgroups , I have an ihas burner...needed an excuse to turn the 360 back on it's been gathering dust for a couple of months.

from nzbeez
Just a little hint to those who can't get this running on a jtag or RGH. You need to uninstall dashlaunch. If you never had dashlaunch and it don't work, install it, then uninstall it and it works fine.

if your on the new update m8 16197 Dashboard

just unzip the dashlaunch-v3-03

then use xex menu to fined it and run the program on your hdd1

dashlaunch-v3-03
no its not the latest dash can i still use it ?

maybe I'm confused a little (yeah I know.!)

Spud, you saying you burned and used this on an LT3.0 drive and the disk was burned with an "ihas" and used online?, or are you saying that you burned it and used it via disk on your jtag? (Hope you didn't use it on-line think it would be like the halo bans that happened a few weeks ago if you did mate)

@ surfbum - you should be able to just unload dashlaunch and then run it. or you talking jtag machine here? I've just had a re-read and I take it your console never booted into FSD straight away did it? (that's what the launch.ini was for)

Need to get to work at the weekend and get the jtag updated, downloading this now to have a play and see what's what with a "jtag" and this game and the new dash etc. dashlaunch etc.

Last edited:
Back