BKwith out removal of tsop48

Would if i could get one lol....maplins here dont have them in and wont bring them in,theyve told me to order online ...as i have the rest of the device built,i dont really wanna order a 30odd pence item online ....if anyone belfast area has a spare one id be greatfull

lam.gif

Just received my jtag from TMC and now i need to know how to use it! lol.
So for the novice not knowing the points inside the stb:
(1) Has anyone done a detailed picture of where abouts to solder the wires into your stb yet?
(2) Has anyone made that tutorial on how to use the jtag yet?
(3) What sw is needed to work with this device?
c'mon i've spent a tenner on this lol.

regarding the psx design jtag posted in pdf format earlier in the thread

built this circuit and i have used a 74ls244n...i have tested my wiring countless times and it all seems 100%

iam getting the failed to init error on ocd commander and after doing the loopback test its showing a wiggler detected on lpt1,ive set it in bios to epp mode

my question is if the chip isnt firing up because of the 3.3v can i rob a 5v from some other part of 4010 board

i have also got the grounds to 18 to 25 of plug and i have made the bridge to stop the error thingy

Was looking yesterday at the jtag for sale from TMC on ebay the one with the wires that needed soldering but that has gone and replaced with the scart to serial adapter does this mean that this is the modified version or better!!!! :Cheers:

got it sorted lol.....tms tck at parallel wrong way round...silly me : tosser :

you have to make sure that no wires are touching when you power up the box i had 1 strand touching another and it blown the box

not at the minute hannibal...I did notice a shopping list for the other device that
used an old sim from a 4001..wondering if someone could post the revised circuit
diagram for getting the boxkey only from a 4001n as most people already r able
to get the ird from the scart or the bottom of the box

Am i right in thinking that all i need to do is buy the bits from maplins, put the thing togother, and then do i put one end on the atmel and the other to my lwillem to get BK & IRD???

has anybody succesfully built and used the 4001 circuit to get the bk from th boxes, if so can they explain a bit more about what you do exactly in qbasic, where exactly do you get the bk from.

hi guys,

could someone just confirm what boxes the jtag works on ive got a 2000 box that needs sorting and was planning on getting a jtag from tmc. also does one jtag work for all boxes or do you need to buy a different one to work on a different box etc.
is there much soldering involved coz im shite at it? also do i need any software to use with the jtag?

Thanks Bigga.

simple question that i think no one has asked:

What the fcuk is a jtag? Whats it stand for?

people still cant see where i connect jtag on my box

help will be appreciated
have searched the whole site now nearly

its DI-4000t
i have got some pictures from sempi but any other help will be appreciated as more you read the more you learn

Atmel

Very interesting.Unless you want to actually program the Atmels... : maggie :

Being a complete soldering amatuer, as anyone got any color pics of a jtag connected inside the box(4000) so i have some idea of what iam doing. As any tuts been done yet.

Back