BKwith out removal of tsop48

Here's pic's of my bodge
just about to try it
not sure its gona work though as maplin where out of stock
of the 74HC244N so i got a 74LS244N
also YR75S was out so i got next closest thing they had JL01

Looks cool mate! Let us know what box your testing it on and how you got on!

im getting a not connected error
i suspect i wired the capacitors the wrong way around (didnt realise they had an orientation)

anyone know how i can tell which end is + and which is -

they look like ceramic disc caps {makes no diffrence what way they go m8}

it might be your parallel port settings,"EPP or SPP or BI-Directional

naa im gona start again tomorrow with the correct buffer and cap's

ordered some in from rs

adam01 said:
any joy yet ????

i have read else where that this still dont work on the sammy:( this is bad news as in my eyes this would be more aplicable to the sammy as the bk is encrypted:( cause lets face it its easy enough to lift them rather than solering in the box

Better photos of the Jtag Device have become available on other forums, i'll post tomorrow if no-one else uploads the new photos.

rizla3066 said:
i have read else where that this still dont work on the sammy:( this is bad news as in my eyes this would be more aplicable to the sammy as the bk is encrypted:( cause lets face it its easy enough to lift them rather than solering in the box

dont know were you red that m8, but i heard it was working on the sammys,{its only early days yet, "with it being the xmas holidays}

Well I see everyones been to maplins as they dont have most of parts instock

benny59 said:
dont know were you red that m8, but i heard it was working on the sammys,{its only early days yet, "with it being the xmas holidays}

hi m8 i heard that off novice angel,,, put a [post on another forum stating that still the only way with samsung is with a dump,,,, guess someone needws to try it anyway

i found a ready made solution to this, check out the thread in new to cable

just to update everyone
i have successfully read a 4010
the problem was with the ls chip you have to connect pin 25 of the paralell port to the ground point on the pcb did that and it worked straight away

Anyone got this to work an a sammy box ???

Would be interested to see if it works

re to all

brill work too all who made this happen and thank you all again
i will go to maplins tomorow

tazuk1963 :Cheers:

re boxes

pls can some body help me i have got a di4001n and ditv-2000 box pls can some body let me know how to do these boxes ?????? : shocked2

tazuk1963

taz1963 said:
pls can some body help me i have got a di4001n and ditv-2000 box pls can some body let me know how to do these boxes ?????? : shocked2

tazuk1963

Those boxes are for different types of area, 4001 is DAVIC 2000 is DOCSIS.

You may get various results using them.

Do some reading on here, all of the info is here.

If you’re building this device, these photos show in more details where to solder.

jtag, what can it do?

hello,

i've been looking at all this jtag stuff and it looks very interesting. but im confused as to which stb you can do it on? i gathered it can be done on a 4000n/t and a 4010 are there any other models it which the jtag process will work? also are the 2 models i have mentioned davic based or the other one?

thank you.

Back