BKwith out removal of tsop48

looks like a good bit of kit would like to get one to play with so please tell us jimmyq it is xmas

[Details of where you can buy removed for now]

Looks like they sell for around £300 a piece. Is the unit defiantly the CLIP-048-TS01-KIT rather than the CLIP-048-TS02-KIT?

If you have friends who have the unit and it works to retrieve the BK for them, why are you slightly hesitant?

thats it chriz i just wnated the experts views on it thats all sometimes ads dont like you giving details of other places and sites its best to eep them happy anyway its gotta be worth £370 they are not my mates who have em just people from other forums but i wanted to see if anyone in here ads or mods have it see what they have to say about its alot of money if it does'nt work especially at this time of year
merry x mas

Ahh sorry, I thought people would be interested where they can buy it from; if it doesn’t work you can always send it back?
And its £240+ delivery as long as you shop around.

what do you think it will work eventhough alot of people say it does
where did you get that price from EBAY

At Farnell you do get 30 days to send things back, just write a letter saying ordered in error :).

I've used things with those conductive elastomers in before, have to make sure to keep it clean and polish the chip legs a bit first.

You could probably make your own connector using the elastomers from old mobile phones or calculators, find them between the PCB and LCD. I think I have some somewhere.

I might have a go at making one by etching a PWB with a set of TSOP48 pads and putting the elastomers on :). If you don't have facilities to produce etched boards then find an old board with TSOP48 footprints on and cut sections out of it to attach wires and elastomers to. Putting conductive elastomers straight onto unplated copper is unreliable, tinned copper isn't much better either but it might work.

Still easier just to take the chips out LOL :).

I posted the link from where you can get it for £240 earlier. I won’t post it again until a mod says it’s ok. If you want a direct link, pm me. The companies called Emulation Technology Inc you need to buy it directly from there American website. phone them up and get the item shipped via DHL/UPS and ask them very nicely to ether open the box so customs can see the item can’t be resold or just to write its value is under $100 on the box when shipping so you avoid customs tax.

taking them out int the problem its putting them back on without getting 8888 which im good at doing 8888

Going back to the topic, the 4001's have an HD6417709 CPU - see attached schematic. From what I see, it doesn't have a JTAG interface.....

[DLMURL]http://www.sysve.de/free/hlb/mirror/circuit/cpu.gif[/DLMURL]

And more info on JTAG ARM940...

Jtag-Arm9

Last edited by a moderator:
AtmelAce said:
Going back to the topic, the 4001's have an HD6417709 CPU - see attached schematic. From what I see, it doesn't have a JTAG interface.....

[DLMURL]http://www.sysve.de/free/hlb/mirror/circuit/cpu.gif[/DLMURL]

And more info on JTAG ARM940...

Jtag-Arm9

The Hitachi 7709 is a SuperH architecture chip, not ARM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no JTAG interface though, time to get the logic analyser out to debug it.

jimmy where can i get one of these from? i would deffinitely consider buying one.

Spectre, I don't think I said it was an ARM..... just that the CPU in the 4001's doesn't have a JTAG interface.Best thing since sliced bread....

here is a piccy a 4010 as you can see the pcb is the same as a 4000
note the pins on the jtag port :)

so this should work 100% on a 4010

has anybody tried a samsung yet????? i thought that would be priority as everyone is strugalin with them,,,, anyway if anyone has ttried it does it work????? and if so where is the jtag points on the samsung????

Samsung SMT2100c
Locate the 20 pin connector on the LEFT side
pin 5=TDI
Pin 7=TMS
pin 9=TCK
pin 13=TDO
pin 2=3.3v and even pins 4 to 20 = gnd

cheers donken m8,,,,, ok ive bin out to maplins got all the parts apart from the 74HC244N chip:( any one know where i could get 1 apart from maplins or rs,,, i would pefer to go and buy it if poss rather than wait 4 a week for it off the net

It's a three state quad buffer line driver, do a search on Farnell.

Back