Bitsetting

Studulike

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a new Pioneer 111d drive and some Verbatim disks so that I can burn 360 games.
I had an NEC drive before and understand not really good enough and I had tried a burn but no good.

I understand you have to change the bitsetting on the drive, this is where I have a problem. On my NEC drive I could do it within DVD info pro but when I try with this drive it says "Bitsetting not supported on this device" This is strange as it is the drive everyone recomends for doing 360 games.

So could someone tell me what I need to do to change the bitsetting? I don't want to waste anymore DL disks.

Thanks,

Studulike

no need mate,you got the best burner on the market,it automaticaly sets dl discs to dvd rom,so just burn away

Studulike said:
Hello,

I just bought a new Pioneer 111d drive and some Verbatim disks so that I can burn 360 games.
I had an NEC drive before and understand not really good enough and I had tried a burn but no good.

I understand you have to change the bitsetting on the drive, this is where I have a problem. On my NEC drive I could do it within DVD info pro but when I try with this drive it says "Bitsetting not supported on this device" This is strange as it is the drive everyone recomends for doing 360 games.

So could someone tell me what I need to do to change the bitsetting? I don't want to waste anymore DL disks.

Thanks,

Studulike
there's no problem with my NEC burns everytime with clone cd..a good cheap burner

Yeah mines fine too got the 3500 with liggys bittsetting firmware on it. Burned ten out of ten disks perfectly so far.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Did my first game today worked a treat.
Tried a couple with my NEC drive liggys bittsetting firmware on it yesterday and failed but I was using Infiniti disks.
I am happy with my purchase though today now I know it all works fine. May even try an Infiniti disk with my new Pioneer.

Great site by the way you guys.

Regards,

Studulike

Hi i have the nec drive and would like to set the bitsettings, could someone be good enough to tell me how i do this??

Thanks

To change bitsetting on an NEC drive use DVDinfo pro.

By the way if anyone want's an NEC drive I have one going cheap. £10 +p&P

showders said:
Hi i have the nec drive and would like to set the bitsettings, could someone be good enough to tell me how i do this??

Thanks

What NEC burner is it?

Its the NEC 3550A

Ive had it 2 weeks, i managed to burn 6 games with no problems, now i cant get a succesful burn at all

Thanks

If youve burned six disks i doubt its the bitsetting thats the problem. Have you changed the media or burning software at all? You could try burning an image you know works to make sure its not a problem with the image your burning.
Here is the 1.06 bittsetting firmware if you want to try it. Hope this helps :)

Back