Biometric Passports

I saw through him a long time.
You have never answered any of my questions when I have put them to you, but rather answered in silly one or two worded sentances. I notice that you fill a lot of page space with a lot of nothing. I'm not surprised that more forum members on haven't picked up on it. I am referring to an earlier thread though but the point remains.

Take your own advice, you might learn something. (No need to google any of this, I'd recommend using your our brain to think objectively)

Post clocking thread ? don't think that was a fair comment, thought the point was to put across our opinions in the forum?

Can you honestly say all of your 6.800 odd posts were life changing ?

No, but can you honestly say that this thread isn't becoming pointless and petty?

Originally Posted by FUBAR69 ON THE 15th January 2008, 13:13
Post clocking thread ? don't think that was a fair comment, thought the point was to put across our opinions in the forum?

Can you honestly say all of your 6.800 odd posts were life changing ?

Originally Posted by nara Posted on the 21st January 2008 00:21 No, but can you honestly say that this thread isn't becoming pointless and petty?

That took you 6 days to think of an answer Nara, got to be a record that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Nara, I thought the whole point of a forum/thread was a point of interest to it's members?

With a thread that has over 1200 views it seems to me that a lot of people have some interest in what we are talking about and since you are the ONLY person with negative comments about the thread I would respectfully suggest not only are you wrong but firmly in the minority.

@ Dave24 & Karym6, guys guys I thought I was bad lol, I can see both sides of the arguement, whilst Dave24 might not answer the specific parts of your questions I think its fair to say he does not have to justify his fears that a government that has been proven to be some what duplisitus to say the least.

So is it not for the government to justify itself ?

The biometric doest trample on our rights, it makes it harder for pasports to be copied.

If your idea about the government using it to track the populace was indeed true, then there may be cause for paranioa - but it isnt.

I also think your comments on domestic terrorism are misplaced on this thread.

I find it strange that you feel we are losing our identity as a country, when your signature would suggest otherwise.

@Karym6, my signature taken in it's proper context is simply a nice way of saying it is wrong to die for ones country, I belive in a lot of things....I believe that as long as there is as much as one of our soldiers on active service anywhere in the world then policitians should only get 2 weeks holiday a year, see how many wars we have then lol

No, but can you honestly say that this thread isn't becoming pointless and petty?

What is it exactly that you have in mind nara? Would you prefer the thread to be closed?

@Fubar what you gonna do when you need to renew your passport?

Cry ? lol

And that is because yet again it is going to be forced down my throat by the most fascist oops did I say fascist ? I mean "democratic" government that we have seen for decades.

Now if we HAD A CHOICE of passports and if we could opt for the Bio Passport to take advantage of speedy processing at ports and the like, then I would not have started this thread as we could not argue with that, as this would not be an infringement of my rights but indeed an extension.

But we all know that our PM and MP's tell us what we want to hear and inform us that they really care about our issues in order to get another 4 years of power. Then simply laugh up their sleeves and ignore any calls from the "great unwashed"

P.S. does anyone know where I can buy a lead lined passport holder in order that I can't be followed. lol

I reckon if you put the passy in the microwave for a few mins it would kill the chip.
Be interesting at passport control etc.

probably just hit me for another £75 and not let me travel !!!!!

But valid point Donnie, its only a chip and as we all know....they can quite simply f**k up

Then what...........

the only sites that karym6 pointed to had government spokeman saying how good it would be and if you believe anything this government say`s more fool you.
@ Nara, I thought the whole point of a forum/thread was a point of interest to it's members?

With a thread that has over 1200 views it seems to me that a lot of people have some interest in what we are talking about and since you are the ONLY person with negative comments about the thread I would respectfully suggest not only are you wrong but firmly in the minority.

@ Dave24 & Karym6, guys guys I thought I was bad lol, I can see both sides of the arguement, whilst Dave24 might not answer the specific parts of your questions I think its fair to say he does not have to justify his fears that a government that has been proven to be some what duplisitus to say the least.

So is it not for the government to justify itself ?

Hey fubar, you put the argument forward very well - you have a good point about choice there. Maybe it should be the country providing the visa for entry to provide a biometric one?

As for the justification of the fear, not so sure. Out government has definitely been sly when it comes to starting the odd war etc (he says), but if this were to go pear shaped itwould be the first time the government has specifically duped us in the way it handles our data. I dont count the recent thefts, as that was plain stupidity and gained nothing for the government.

However, in saying that - to take part in a discussion you sometimes need to proove your point through valid sources. If you simply say "I dont like a thing, and thats that", its not really a discussion - its just a statement. Some of the link I posted went straight to the laws of our country, others to the government websites. One very good one was an impartial news site that has some very interesting articles on the biometric passport. I guess the only source on the internet that shows the government trying to justify itself would be the UKPA's website. However, for some people, this will never be enough to show them that the government isnt up to some nefarious scheme - and these people will always be in the minority. But, unless people read these things, they will never really know or understand what is at stake here.

As an aside, any one here have a drivers license? I guess there will be a few, I know I do. Did you know that the DVLA sells the information it has about registered drivers to private parties? I didnt untill recently. For £2.50 people can buy your private data....

BTW fubar, I like your expanded siganture. It reflects an attitude that not many people have these days, and is worthy of praise. Oh, and if you dont fancy the biometric passport on offer from the UK - you can actually buy a non biometric (but machine readable) passport from Argentina.

From Argentina ? think you might be pulling my leg on that one lol

Selling my data ? how do they manage to side step DPA ?

Is there a website with any info ?

The DVLA thing is a total farce !! so out of order :Kickassro:Kickassro:Kickassro

Any links to the Argy passport ?

well, to be fair - the article is drawing attention that people are upset about this and it needs to stop.

As for the Argentine passport, I got mine a few years back for fun. You basically just need to do a search on British ex-pats, there will be loads of info on how to get one. I had to go over for three weeks (the minimum for qualifying for a passport) which I used as an excuse for a holiday. I didnt need to prove I owned property at all, or show I had an income. Just an hour infront of the beak.

Now I am able to travel visa free all through south and central america as well as the USA.

I can honestly say I have never used it.

You really are a strange person,never met anyone who got a passport for the fun of it.
As for the Argentine passport, I got mine a few years back for fun. You basically just need to do a search on British ex-pats, there will be loads of info on how to get one. I had to go over for three weeks (the minimum for qualifying for a passport) which I used as an excuse for a holiday. I didnt need to prove I owned property at all, or show I had an income. Just an hour infront of the beak.

Now I am able to travel visa free all through south and central america as well as the USA.

I can honestly say I have never used it.

Back