binatone g350

simpsons344

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello everyone just got a binatone g350 was wondering if i could run tomtom maps on it if so could someone help me and if not are thir any updates for the sat nav.

thanks for any help :banana:

Hello everyone just got a binatone g350 was wondering if i could run tomtom maps on it if so could someone help me and if not are thir any updates for the sat nav.

thanks for any help :banana:

PM sent.
HH.

PM sent.
HH.

hi there.. I'm a newbie here, but a frequent in many other GPS forums..

I'm looking at a Binatone G350 and wondering if you can provide any help on how to install TT7 or IGO8.

I can only find onfo on the x350 and wondering if it's much the same process..?

Thanks in advance.

G.

PM gave some info on X350, couldn't find anything for G350. I'd try it if I were you, especially if it's an SD card you install to, defo won't break the unit then.
Go for it.
HH.

OK, cool.. could you pls PM me the same info ?.. and once I get the unit I'll try it out an post results

..G.

PM gave some info on X350, couldn't find anything for G350. I'd try it if I were you, especially if it's an SD card you install to, defo won't break the unit then.
Go for it.
HH.

OK, cool.. could you pls PM me the same info ?.. and once I get the unit I'll try it out an post results

..G.

You can't send or receive pm's till you've been here a while but if you use other gps forums you can probably find it yourself. Once you have pm privileges if you ain't found anything give us a shout.
HH.

Hey guys..

OK, I actually got a G350.. nice sexy red , and sleek design..

So, I've Followed the common X350 instructions found on many other sites and it all works a treat.

I Haven't actually worked out how to avoid the Binatone Default screen,, ie the Navigation and Menu buttons one.. Not too keen of friggin with the registry at this stage.

If anyone knows a simple fix, pls let me know..

Anyway, I'm Running iGO8 iGO8_v8.0.0.71609 via MicroSD card.. with kate tts voices.. which does occasionally seem to get a little choppy when there's a bit happening on the screen, lots of turn instructions in quick succession etc....

I'll be working on tweaking these low memory issues out if I can..

And I've listed at the end of my post a small 7 part instruction set on what to do.

Below is a copy of my sys.txt file. only copy the txt between the 2 ---

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[folders]
app="SDMMC/MobileNavigator"
;app="Internal Storage/iGO8"
sdcardpath="\SDMMC"
;exe=""
data="\SDMMC\MobileNavigator" ;custom,save
content="\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\content"
;textures="custom"
;models="custom"

[modules]
iGO8 = "", "SDMMC/MobileNavigator/MobileNavigator.exe"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
resolution_dir="320_240"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
driver="GDI"
;driver="GX"

[debug]
skip_eula=1
tts_min_ready_wav=1
tts_getaway_time=200
tts_expected_engine_delay=1400
reserve_memory=2097152
enable_roadshadow=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[sound]
ding=0

[poi]
enable_pois_before_090108=1

[gps]
port=7
baud=57600
---
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Format MicroSD card in FAT format, using a card reader

2. Create a New Folder and call it MobileNavigator

3. Copy all iGo8 files and sub folders into this New Folder (sourced igo8 from many sites)

4. Create New txt file in MobileNavigator Folder and Copy the above sys.txt details and save it sys.txt - note you may need to adjust the settings/values in the sys.txt files to suit your particular needs..
    ...there's Heaps of info about about the many options that you can set with the sys.txt file.. just go0gle "sys.txt", and start reading..

5. Rename the igo8.exe file to MobileNavigator.exe..

6. Power off GPS unit (not standby), Put the Card in

7. Press Power on and it boots as Normal chimes etc. and gets to the Standard Start screen

8. Now press Navigation Button to start igo8..

You should see it come up within 1 second or two with the Blue iGo8 start screen with some file loading details scrolling in the RHS lower corner of the screen.. this may appear to stop or lock, but Be patient, as It may well take a fair while (say 2-5 mins) the first time igo8 starts up as it has to create a few files on its' first ever run.

I Hope this helps a few ppl out.. :proud:

Thanks,

G.

Last edited:
cheers m8 for all the info just about too have a go with the same thing on a Binatone 350 i just got but cannot seem to find the IGO 8 stuff to download any ideas?? pls

Hey guys..

OK, I actually got a G350.. nice sexy red , and sleek design..

So, I've Followed the common X350 instructions found on many other sites and it all works a treat.

I Haven't actually worked out how to avoid the Binatone Default screen,, ie the Navigation and Menu buttons one.. Not too keen of friggin with the registry at this stage.

If anyone knows a simple fix, pls let me know..

Anyway, I'm Running iGO8 iGO8_v8.0.0.71609 via MicroSD card.. with kate tts voices.. which does occasionally seem to get a little choppy when there's a bit happening on the screen, lots of turn instructions in quick succession etc....

I'll be working on tweaking these low memory issues out if I can..

And I've listed at the end of my post a small 7 part instruction set on what to do.

Below is a copy of my sys.txt file. only copy the txt between the 2 ---

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[folders]
app="SDMMC/MobileNavigator"
;app="Internal Storage/iGO8"
sdcardpath="\SDMMC"
;exe=""
data="\SDMMC\MobileNavigator" ;custom,save
content="\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\content"
;textures="custom"
;models="custom"

[modules]
iGO8 = "", "SDMMC/MobileNavigator/MobileNavigator.exe"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
resolution_dir="320_240"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
driver="GDI"
;driver="GX"

[debug]
skip_eula=1
tts_min_ready_wav=1
tts_getaway_time=200
tts_expected_engine_delay=1400
reserve_memory=2097152
enable_roadshadow=1

[map]
auto_nightmode=0

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[sound]
ding=0

[poi]
enable_pois_before_090108=1

[gps]
port=7
baud=57600
---
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Format MicroSD card in FAT format, using a card reader

2. Create a New Folder and call it MobileNavigator

3. Copy all iGo8 files and sub folders into this New Folder (sourced igo8 from many sites)

4. Create New txt file in MobileNavigator Folder and Copy the above sys.txt details and save it sys.txt - note you may need to adjust the settings/values in the sys.txt files to suit your particular needs..
    ...there's Heaps of info about about the many options that you can set with the sys.txt file.. just go0gle "sys.txt", and start reading..

5. Rename the igo8.exe file to MobileNavigator.exe..

6. Power off GPS unit (not standby), Put the Card in

7. Press Power on and it boots as Normal chimes etc. and gets to the Standard Start screen

8. Now press Navigation Button to start igo8..

You should see it come up within 1 second or two with the Blue iGo8 start screen with some file loading details scrolling in the RHS lower corner of the screen.. this may appear to stop or lock, but Be patient, as It may well take a fair while (say 2-5 mins) the first time igo8 starts up as it has to create a few files on its' first ever run.

I Hope this helps a few ppl out.. :proud:

Thanks,

G.

google and torrents are the way to go I reckon..

You'll find a heap of info on many forums about the place..

You should find it All in DW with some fine searching..

G.

Back