Bigga's first attempt flashing drive

Fook me I think ive done it.... wrote orig bin modified it to x42b with the msdos-x42b thingy then copied mod file back to drive said all banks!!! ok

I just need to test it now is their anyway to test it has i dont have any backups yet need to get some disks and a pioneer 111d lol

I hope its worked. Im off to bed 7hrs been trying this lol.

well done m8, why did you choose b instead of a?

only way to check is to run a backed up game.

get one d/l from a newsgroup, one that you have the original for*cough*, as it is ok to have a backup of an original game you own.

Pioneers are cheap now, the 111D is approx £23, half the price of a retail 360 game.

then get some Verbatims 8.5gb

7 hours wow, mine took 3 days i think, then violentj helped me out.

now i can do em in minutes

Well done m8 welcome to xbox 360 live!!!

Cheers highlander was a hard strog but im glad ive done it (fingers crossed)

Is the x42a better than the(B) I aint got a clue, is there more cons with the
(b) I used the that won because the Tut i was following suggested it.

I think all in all it took around 3 days after me via card came.

Im gonna try backing up the two games that came with it fifa07 & Tigerwoods
just in case me kid gets her hands on it Wink Wink oh yeah GOW to oooh how christmas is looking good already lol.

cheers bigga.

Well done Bigga. Glad you got your 360 sorted. Hit the newsgroups at your earliest mate. You've got about 200gb of downloading to catch up on lol

Think I spoke to soon Ive had to reflash has I didnt copy over the key from the original.bin and it wasnt playing anything.. anyway just done that now when i turn it on i just get a green blinking light flashing on the console and the drive will not open

Any ideas guys.

Think me xmas is fooked now its middle light just flashing green and one corner red when i plug in in the telly says about contact Ms err 65

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:CRYBABY: :CRYBABY:

Where are you Lads!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me your verdict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eek sorry to hear about your troubles. but dont give up yet.

E65: DVD Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc.

have you flashed your orig f/ware back to the drive. and if its a samsung did you include the /m trick

also how did you restore the original back? and have you still got a copy of the original f/ware thats totaly untouched?

also make sure you plugged the sata cable back in to the drive.

Last edited:
yes I still have the orig.bin....the first time i flashed it I used the x42b firmware but has mentioned above forgot to put key in....

So i opened up the hex editor and copy pasted the key but this time i used the x42a and just flashed it straight over to the box...

its a samsung ms28 also did the m/trick.

I didnt reflash the orig.bin before doing this.

Cheers for help m8.

Last edited:
right try this. :)

1) make sure leads are in.
2) take a copy of orig.bin and use x360sam to make a new one. (download if not got it) (( x360sam.exe orig.bin xtrem42a.bin hacked.bin ) is the line you need)
then reflash hacked.bin to the drive.

if that dont work. reflash orig.bin back to the drive and verify it still works.

hope you get it sorted bud. but dont dispare. most of these probs are sortable :)

right try this. :)

1) make sure leads are in.
2) take a copy of orig.bin and use x360sam to make a new one. (download if not got it) (( x360sam.exe orig.bin xtrem42a.bin hacked.bin ) is the line you need)
then reflash hacked.bin to the drive.

if that dont work. reflash orig.bin back to the drive and verify it still works.

hope you get it sorted bud. but dont dispare. most of these probs are sortable :)

just tryed this m8 no joy, I think i may have done this wrong

can you tell me everthing that needs to be in that drive or usb pen etc..
thanks

You need.

1) Bootable files. already there
2) MTKFLASH.EXE that works with your chipset
3) MTKFLASH.TYP same as above.
4) ORIG.BIN your original bios file
5) XTREM42a.bin From the f/ware pack
6) X360SAM.EXE From f/ware pack. or google it

once its booted up first thing is type
MTKFLASH w /m ORIG.BIN
you will need to do the same thing with the power down trick as before.

once thats flashed. unplug from pc. plug into xbox again. and power up (I use one of the small screws to power the box on).

see if its working ok now. on originals.
it should be..

if it is. then
power it down and attach to pc again

boot from usb and type

x360sam orig.bin xtrem42a.bin hacked.bin

let it finish and then type

mtkflash w /m hacked.bin

do the power down trick. and it should flash the hacked.bin to the 360

power down and try a backup.

Good luck

ps. after all this you wilnt be afraid to flash the drive again lol.

Last edited:
i hope you get it sorted m8, i'd do it for you if you was closer to Manchester.

are you using the enable 0800 disc when trying to reflash-also try using the emergency eject to get the tray open b4 you try

failing that send me your drive and dvd key and ill sort it

had to order a new drive as violentj confirmed that the drive had no power going to it....

Anyway its come today fooking quick service from hk wasnt expecting it to well after christmas, Its the ms25 I want to try flashing it myself but i dont want to kill it again is there something i need to do like ground it or something???

cheers for any info

Bigga.

your drive will have power its the tsop u fooked if ya got your key its a 20 minute job tsop off original back on then start again when you press eject it runs through the tsop and out to the micro as a command line .cos its corrupt the micro dont get or send out......

Copied over X50a it said all banks 100%

Still got a prob though ive connected it up 360 reads dvds etc

but doesnt read original games just says reading and nothing happens ????

can someone tell me if the key was wrong would it still read dvds etc?

im fooking confused now.

Any ideas boys

bigga.

Back