Bigga's first attempt flashing drive

Have you still got the orig.bin file?

if so you can recover the key from that.

still got it m8 thats what i put in the x50a i must be doing someting wrong?

this is a replacement drive a ts ms25 my original drive was a ms28 do i need to do something else?

Last edited:
right. what I would do is this :)

make a folder on mem stick. in there put these files

MTKFLASH.EXE
MTKFLASH.TYP
X360SAM.EXE
ORIG.BIN (your original bios)
XTREM50A.BIN

when all thre type
X360SAM ORIG.BIN XTREM50A.BIN HACKED.BIN

wait a lil while and it should make a hacked.bin for you

then flash the drive with hacked.bin

MTKFLASH w /m HACKED.BIN

let it write the 4 banks. and give it another test.

thanks faus im gonna need to do the 0800 method has i flashed drive already with the wrong key!!!!!!!

Thanks Vj1 for pointing this out...

the 0800 method is only to be able to flash the drive again.

if use the orig.bin that you got before playing then the method I said above will fix it for ya :)

and shouldnt give any issues with the e66 errors :)

if the drive has been flashed once-it needs the 0800 disc to enable flashing again-which it needs if it has the wrong key on it

he now has what should be the correct key in a hacked firmware-all thats needed it a reflash-hence the need for the 0800 disc-you say yourself it needs flashing again fuas

Last edited:
You did make a new orig.bin file from the new drive when you got it didn't ya?
Not used the one from the old drive?

Just checking :)

if its a new drive matey you must also hex edit the build date and also the drive version or it wont match up matey.... unless your putting in a NEWER version drive........

if i remember rite m8 the build date is shown once and the drive version a total of 4 times 2 forward 2 backward ill find a link for you....

Fall update 2006 included DVD Drive version lockdown on consoles manufactured around end of May/start of June 2006. These consoles are now locked to the version of DVD drive that came with the console. If the DVD drive is different than original drive, Error 66 will be displayed. The response of the Atapi Inquiry command is compared to the stored original drive response to achieve this. (Thanx to DeViLs360 for initial find. :) Consoles manufactured before end of May 2006 do not perform this comparison. Only MS25 drives affected by Error 66 with Xtreme 5.0 should use the Make file for MS25.

Changes have also been made to the resulting Hitachi/MS25 reporting firmware to make them more similar to their original firmwares.

To use the updated Make files (only if getting Error 66), just copy your existing Samsung firmware to the extracted directory and rename it to orig.bin. Then run the corresponding Make file for your Original drive. This will create the modified X50a.bin/x50b.bin.

found here mate halfwat down

***ttp://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:-Kj_a0RyLkIJ:www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1...60+drive+version+hex&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=4

***ttp://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:jb_4n5t2WzsJ:forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/index.php/t560939.html+swapping+360+dvd+drive+from+m25+to+m28&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=1

and also that matey....gl

Right finally got me pio-111d today ive burned the 0800 enable disk,

And thats where im stuck what do i do with it now lol?

Is there a tut somewhere on the 0800 method

Thanks Bigga

right. what I would do is this :)

make a folder on mem stick. in there put these files

MTKFLASH.EXE
MTKFLASH.TYP
X360SAM.EXE
ORIG.BIN (your original bios)
XTREM50A.BIN

when all thre type
X360SAM ORIG.BIN XTREM50A.BIN HACKED.BIN

wait a lil while and it should make a hacked.bin for you

then flash the drive with hacked.bin

MTKFLASH w /m HACKED.BIN

let it write the 4 banks. and give it another test.

Hiya Faus,

What you mentioned above worked m8, it booted my retail fifa fine

Then I rebooted to try another game and it just said reading all the time,

and wouldnt boot any retail game again?????

im well myth'd with this now I tried flashing again still nothing.....

Anyway Ive sent it to Violentj to see if he can sort it for me.

Cheers Bigga.

im reall really sorry mate-but while i was trying to sort it this morning one of mi cats decided to chew one of the wires and it appears it is now goosed-so is my cat if its any consolation-here take a look

im reall really sorry mate-but while i was trying to sort it this morning one of mi cats decided to chew one of the wires and it appears it is now goosed-so is my cat if its any consolation-here take a look

Fookin had me scared for a min m8 lmao whoooooo.

WOOOOOOHOOOOO finally playing g.o.w on my system the graphics wow what can i say...

Thanks to all who helped with there advice in this thread.

And a special thanks to the main man violentj, who went beyond the call off duty to help me with this :Clap:

Now time to catch up with what ive been missing 4weeks to get to this day

GOW here I come............

:Cheers:

Back