xbox trouble

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok im trying to get a game from usb to jtag xbox,ive followed the bit where i download it,which i have i then configure the usb in the xbox ,this is the bit that driving me mad ,when i do it it comes back with a load of stuff in a folder called 360 ,i then proceede to try to stick the game on it it and it says disc is full ,it a 14 gb usb drive?? ive tried various ones a 4 a 6a 8 all the same result,when i reformat in the computer and then load game on to the opposite happens it then tells me i need to format in xbox and when i do it wipes the game off and goes back to the first part ,loads of stuff from xbox??? iv tried to ftp but its not happening i know the ip address of box but flash fxp WILL NOT connect no matter what i do so thats out .it doesnt have a wifi so thats out im losing the plot with this thing

You are getting fat32 file limitations.

What are you extracting games with?

Try filezilla instead of flashxp

I use Xbox Image Browser v2.9 Build: 0350 for extracting the games. I'm sure it is in the downloads.

Eh, don't format the USB on the 360, that's just for backing up save data etc and creates a partition on the USB that's why it says it's full, just format in windows. It is for a rgh/JTAG

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Eh, don't format the USB on the 360, that's just for backing up save data etc and creates a partition on the USB that's why it says it's full, just format in windows. It is for a rgh/JTAG

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
cheers but as soon as i stick it in the xbox it keeps asking me to format it

You don't get that prompt when you boot into FreeStyleDash. Have you got Dashlaunch and FreeStyleDash installed?

You can even have FSD on your USB device.

If it's an iso that you're extracting I'd recommend using iso2god. It removes all video padding and stealth files making the final game size much smaller as well as converting it to GOD (Game On Demand) so you no longer need a disc in the tray to play the game. As mentioned before make sure that your USB storage device is formatted as FAT32 before transfering the result files from iso2god onto it.

Remember to boot any games/apps from an external USB device on a JTAG/RGH console then you need to use FSD (FreeStyle Dash) else the only way to do this is by transferring the game/app to your internal HDD.

If you give more details to what dash you're currently running, i.e. FreeBOOT NXE dash or FreeStyle dash and what version are you on if any of the above?

ok more info this file 415608d7 has a file inside it called 00007000 and inside that file theres another one but when i checked they are all showing 0 kb of data in any of them think thast my problem???? i used iso2god but to be honest i never checked what was inside each file no wonder it wouldnt load onto it

If the file size is 0 then something is wrong. If I'm correct the individual file sizes segment is about 170mb per each file that iso2god creates. Run the iso through iso2god again and check the result files. The total size will vary from 4.5GB to 7GB.

ok more info this file 415608d7 has a file inside it called 00007000 and inside that file theres another one but when i checked they are all showing 0 kb of data in any of them think thast my problem???? i used iso2god but to be honest i never checked what was inside each file no wonder it wouldnt load onto it

yes mate it was think it was something like 6.65 gb
Sorry mate, can't help. Hopefully someone else can. As far as I know, if you have a download which results in the files/folders as you describe in post 8, then it is normally an XBLA game. You normally transfer it to /content/0000000000000000/ folder but can also save to usb/hdd. You've said it is an iso and the size is rather large to be an xbla game.

What game is it by the way?

Sorry mate, can't help. Hopefully someone else can. As far as I know, if you have a download which results in the files/folders as you describe in post 8, then it is normally an XBLA game. You normally transfer it to /content/0000000000000000/ folder but can also save to usb/hdd. You've said it is an iso and the size is rather large to be an xbla game.

What game is it by the way?
ok done a complete check and founf that even tho the file 45678
9just a random number)downloaded and iside that one there was another and inside that one there was another BUT found that even tho it produced these files there was no kb downloade whiuch means to me that even tho i see it theres nothing in any of the files so ill need tol try and get another copy of it from somewhere else thansk for all your help

Back