Big dishes

im going to buy one of the c band and ku band uni versal lmbs View attachment 78196

You might need a mod to fit a c band lnb on that feed clamp design unless you got one with the dish (or it'll fit to the feedhorn & put the feedhorn in the right place), Satellitesuperstore have an adjustable prime focus plastic feed clamp on their Primesat brand pfs & might be available on it's own to mod to that dish.

The ku band side can suffer though with c/ku combi's & rarely matches a ku band lnb with it's own feedhorn, on big dishes it doesn't always matter that much & can be an advantage dropping overpowered ku sats while the the c band uses the big dish but at 1.2 it'll knock down some weak ku sats too much. You can get quite a ot of c band though, not the same in numbers as ku but very interesting & a lot of stuff you don't see on ku, even a bit of football fta.

Last edited:
what is the reseption on 7west and sirus 4.8 east with one of these lmbs regards simon

what could reseve with a 1.2 meter dish

Depends on the location, it's a handy size for KU band, especially 7w-7.3w reception & a few other semi weak sats plus it should get about 40 satellites & 1000s of ku channels. With a C band lnb you should get 10-15 satellites & maybe a few hundred channels. With the c/ku combi lnb you'll drop the weaker KU sats and a few of the weaker c band channels.

I want to use the ku cb lmb with my spiderbox please could tell me what is the best way to set them up I want to just use one cable to the spiderbox from the lmb I live in west Yorkshire

I want to use the ku cb lmb with my spiderbox please could tell me what is the best way to set them up I want to just use one cable to the spiderbox from the lmb I live in west Yorkshire

You might be able to have diseqc switch control & diseqc 1.2 control running together to swap from ku to c band - can't remember, not had a Spiderbox in for a while, if not you could use the v box to control the motor & diesqc 1.0 or 1.1 to swap from c to ku.

can any boday recommend a good satellite installer that dose motorised satellite dishs near Keighley in westyorkshire regards simon

can any boday recommend a good satellite installer that dose motorised satellite dishs near Keighley in westyorkshire regards simon

pm @digi247 as for a price im sure he can sort it,regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
would lmb cable be beter not going throw the hole in the center off my dish if u look at my photos of the dish

would lmb cable be beter not going throw the hole in the center off my dish if u look at my photos of the dish

yes, there are signal dead areas on prime focus dishes where the lnb & feedhorn and the feed support arms cast signal shadows but yours adds more shadow to that the way the cable goes from a feed support arm across a shadow free area to the middle - it's better on that design to take it neatly down the lower feed support arm on top so not to increase the shadow off the feed support arm & off at the rim or through a hole next to the arm, it's probably not a lot of difference, it's just bad practice when you are after every last drop of signal & it could conceivable introduce other issues like deffraction or anything caused by the 13v/18v dc/ 22kHz or L band going back in the lnb's waveguide etc.. just bad practice.

For turksat 42 east(2a) we used here in Netherlands for good reception 100 cm dish,for 7 east is the minimum 80 cm.

I have a Deltastar 120 with superjack 1224 EL motor, i receive some Chanels(ATV,NTV SPOR) on the east beam of turksat,

Hi

Yes that's one of ours :)

Precision are no more sadly, bought out by Andrew, and now no longer in existence in the UK.

Elite Antennas bought much of their spinning kit, and now employ a number of the original staff from Precision Antennas. The in much the same way as Precision produced them. Elite have been making dishes since approx 2008.

We have some interesting customers, and export worldwide.

Thanks for the Link

Julian Robbins
Elite Antennas,
Leominster, UK

Nice of you to pop down to the forums Julian & glad to hear Elite Antennas are exporting big satellite dishes round the world from the UK !! (glad to know I know my Precision/ Elite dishes too lol)

My mate's working a an ali spun pf today for c band- might be another one of yours,

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice of you to pop down to the forums Julian & glad to hear Elite Antennas are exporting big satellite dishes round the world from the UK !! (glad to know I know my Precision/ Elite dishes too lol)

My mate's working a an ali spun pf today for c band- might be another one of yours,

Yes, very well could be ;-)

here my dish out the back

Attachments

• MARK0002.jpg
    MARK0002.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 12
sorry for resurrecting an old thread but did the guy with the camera mounted on the dish manage to get any pics??, if so stick em up for a gander lol...

Back