Big dishes

:worthlessthread:

I'll post some pic's of an old motorised Gregorian 95cm I was given the other day. When I get a chance.... Any idea on the advantage of Gregorian?

dual reflector makes it work more efficiently. supposedly work at 80% where as normal offset/PF run at 70%ish. this is why fibo dishes are so prized,regards mdt

its on a 3 inch pole its a 1-2 meter dish 39 east to 60 west cant get 42 east chimney in the way

dual reflector makes it work more efficiently. supposedly work at 80% where as normal offset/PF run at 70%ish. this is why fibo dishes are so prized,regards mdt

Sadly mine's not a fibo, just normal pressed steel. Beggars can't be choosers! It's had a pretty hard life- less than a mile from the sea so a bit rusty, and at some point someone has nicked the LNB. The quick way, no tools involved. Had to free up the gearbox, it was seized solid , then true-up the main reflector the best I could, but it's up & running now & seems to pull in a half-decent signal.
I've since removed the reflector and replaced it with a camera. Hoping to get some pictures of geo-stat's- including 2E if she ever gets her ar*e into gear LOL!

GD1.JPG

GD2.JPG

GD3.JPG View from rear

GD4.JPG Reflector removed to reduce windage for camera

GD6.JPG Camera on arm- secondary reflector swung down for camera

GD5.JPG Camera w/incinometer

Last edited:
yes the limets are set on the pons

Conversion to English: " Yes the Limits are set for both East and West in the Positioner "

Not good enough for me if your Positioner Box decides to throw a wobbly then your screwed, Hardware Limits should also have been set in the Actuator also as a double protection

no the chimmey is in the middle of the roof the dish is 18 inch off the house wall id put some more photos on don't no how to in the reply box ddddddddddddddddd I no

001.JPG001.JPG001.JPG001.JPG001.JPG004.JPG dish on pole side of the house 39 east to 60 west

Last edited:

It did look like it was on a pole through the roof close to the chimney lol,

might be the neighbour's chimney then or roof cutting it off on the eastern arc, with the bias to the east nowadays the back would be the place now if there wasn't any other problems on the back.

Is it a Precision spun pf?

no its a unicorn prime focus im going to try a difrent c120 lnb on it

no its a unicorn prime focus im going to try a difrent c120 lnb on it

best PF dishes ever made imo unicorn reference dish.. your very lucky to have one. try the inverto black pro as suggested there only cheap,regards mdt

no its a unicorn prime focus im going to try a different c120 lnb on it

Might be the same tooling as the old Precision dishes, it's that rolled edge & the feedhorn, feed support arm assembly. Satsuperstore sold some like that & I think they were made by ex Precision people.

Black Pro is one to look at.

Back