best/ most popular image for DM500S

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
getting a few DM500s soon and just thinking about what image to load onto them just wanted to get general feel what you guys prefer / think is the best image for them ? also which images are actually available to use on the DM500s?

I used pli for a couple of years and found the image very stable but the epg wasn't great. Just switched to commando 14.6 (it's in the downloads section) and I would definitely recommend it.

I generally use PLI as well for simplicity the built in download server is useful. I have tried and older version of Commando but went back to PLI because the bouquet creation tools etc were better. But now commando has support from the B16 MCC bouquet creation tool, and it's own tools I may well swap back and have a look.

commando 14.6 for me great for 28e its a neutrino image not enigma but i find it 100% better and a lot more stable and very easy to navigate round
menus are that easy ya misus could use it
you have to get down and dirty with the tuxbox to start with but thats what here's there for

another vote for commando 14.6.

great epg, picons and easily updatable channel list,
what more could want? lol

commando 14.6 all the way mate. Its a cracking image very user friendly and great epg. :)

have to say i did use pli jade till commando 14.5 and then after using that for a few monts changed to the pli turko images which i find great.but with the feedback on the 14.6 being so good i think i might give that a go

Have to agree that commando 14.6 is the best by far 'IMO' used pli images at first then neutrino image but the commando guys have took neutrino to another level, if you have a wife, mum, dad or someone whos not great at using things technical thats gong to use your boxes then commando is your friend, as said any probs with setting it up, theres plenty off members here who will help

All you guys praising Commando. Dug out my DM 500 and put Commando 14.6 on to see (had Edg Nemisis on it). Must say very impressed, does what it says on the tin and more. Great EPG, Bouquets, Auto updates.Extremely user friendly. This is a great image. Also if you have family the would find this easy to use as mentione above.

but does anyone else find with commando 14.6 on the epg some channels are missing the data?
been through all the read me cant see a solution (far to many to manually update epg on each single channel as batches are missing info)

ok (assuming channel numbers are same as everyone else) just turned box on pressed yello button to bring up epg see the below missing

24. watch
31 comedy
53-dmax+ all down to 65. sony tv

then get EGP just kicked in saying its downloading... just gotta wait a min.. got msg saying

"get EPGloading complete
IGNORE events over 10mb max cache
ADDING 9718 events to epg cache
MEMORY used for epg casch 5.75mb
processing finished in 2min 33sec "

just gone back into EGP (yellow button)
now missing the below.
16. ITV4 ( was there before 1 min ago)
51. 4seven
67 PBS am
84 Bio+1
143 sky summer
175 eurosport
176 eurosport
192 primetime
219 baby tv
237 heat
255 & 253 ramp'd
268 (god channel) to 651UTV is missing

you don't get epg for all channels, so that would explain god channel etc.
with sky summer, you might need to add it to the getepg list.

not sure about the others like eurosport etc...

l had sky summer missing and lazier posted the fix but l have looked and cant find it , sorry , might of been another forum

what type of channel is sky summer?
sports, entertainment or what?

Back