best/ most popular image for DM500S

this is the answer l got

GetEPG user config file: /var/tuxbox/config/rdmap.dat
find Sly Showcase in rdmap.dat and add Sly Summer as an alias channel name. press "Autogen a new GetEPG Channel Map" to generate a new /var/etc/channels.cfg file.

1|1814|018|3|Sly Showcase|Sly Christmas|Sly Summer|

yes, just found it, working on mine with epg...

this is the answer l got

find Sly Showcase in rdmap.dat and add Sly Summer as an alias channel name. press "Autogen a new GetEPG Channel Map" to generate a new /var/etc/channels.cfg file.

cool ill give this a go...

can i just confirm i opened the file in notepad and found sly showcase see text below..

Showcase|1|4933|018|1|Showcase 2|1|2619|000 what do i add here?

also should "getEGP" load and download new files everytime i turn box on? im finding im watching tv ie just put news on and its just kicked in

Last edited:
cool ill give this a go...
also should "getEGP" load and download new files everytime i turn box on? im finding im watching tv ie just put news on and its just kicked in

l have the timer set on my image , it downloads new epg at 3 in the morning and then goes into standby so l dont need to turn box off

where timer setting? annoying it keep loading/updating when im watching tv

also just noticed sly summer doesnt exist anymore and should be called showcase. when i flick through channels on the channel list and egp its still called sly summer
but rdmap.dat calles them showcase not summer

my mistake just checked on a slybox it should be called sky summer so i assume i just overtype showcase with summer on the rdmap.dat?

There is an option to turn off Getepg at start up,
as for the rest of your questions it should all be covered in the commando thread,
and if not its probably the best place to ask as the guys from team commando do check that thread :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

i dont remember doing any of that..

do you know how to scan for new channels and add the to grab epg?

this is the answer l got

ive opened the file replaced showcase with summer and ftp it back to the box where is the option to "Autogen a new GetEPG Channel Map" - EDIT found it

Last edited:
Back