beginner on tm500!

it will open free to air channels ,put the latest software on it ,then a lot of people use these boxes to connect to a server , its the server you connect to that will tell you what channels can be opened , hope this helps m8

i did this and connected to a server (wasnt sure which to go).

Wasnt sure if my internet would be ok as i use 3 wireless

and have an open media wifi bridge plugged into my ethernet port

I tested the speed wen plugging the ethernet (through wifi bridge into my pc and disconnecting other connections)

i experience stuttering and freezing on a lot of channels but other channels (different providers) work well (not fta)

is this a problem wit the server or my internet connection or is there anything i can do to help?

Last edited:
i did this and connected to a server (wasnt sure which to go).

Wasnt sure if my internet would be ok as i use 3 wireless

and have an open media wifi bridge plugged into my ethernet port

I tested the speed wen plugging the ethernet (through wifi bridge into my pc and disconnecting other connections)

i experience stuttering and freezing on a lot of channels but other channels (different providers) work well (not fta)

is this a problem wit the server or my internet connection or is there anything i can do to help?
im sure ive read before today that a speed of 2 meg or faster is an apt speed ,your connection is very slow probably that speed might be the problem vinny well it wont help thats for sure m8
ps.id advise a wired connection or at least home plugs m8

Last edited:
im sure ive read before today that a speed of 2 meg or faster is an apt speed ,your connection is very slow probably that speed might be the problem vinny well it wont help thats for sure m8
ps.id advise a wired connection or at least home plugs m8

thanks for the reply

thats what i was thinking re the connection, it does vary all day from around 0.7-2.5 meg, most channels work well off peak times but other (polish, JSC, sometimes nova) seem to work better all the time thats why i wasnt sure if it was server or connection as it worked for some channels

when i change the wireless channel i can get better DL and UL speeds but it changes the ping too and i need low ping?

iv about 9 months of this internet left il be getting wired at or near the end

yea vinny lower the ping the better , be honest with ya im suprised it works for any channels think you have done well there but cant see it sustaining agood sinal me self and especially on the 3 network :proud:

yea vinny lower the ping the better , be honest with ya im suprised it works for any channels think you have done well there but cant see it sustaining agood sinal me self and especially on the 3 network :proud:

na didnt think it wud either, changed my wireless channel which has helped too doesnt seem too bad for this time of nite

Hi, I want to flash the tm500 i connected with serial cable but i cant see update on screen panel i connected with tv then i try to press power button i can see msg fail on tm500 fron panel confused can any body help me

Hi, I want to flash the tm500 i connected with serial cable but i cant see update on screen panel i connected with tv then i try to press power button i can see msg fail on tm500 fron panel confused can any body help me

Hey mate..

Introduce yourself here: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/who-you.html:toiletcla

If you want to update technomate tm500 you would be best to update via ethernet... All the infomation can be found here: Satellite - Technomate (linux) Receivers

If you get stuck post in that forum, but it is easy... just get your file.. connect your receiver to router... find receiver ip in the receivers menu and then get a loader from the link and flash the box... Simples.. flashing via serial is last resort in my books!

Regards

Fruitball

Back