Sport on sky US of Hey ??

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the hell are we suddenly have sky suddenly thrust upon us every American sport they play ?, Latest one been basketball. No one truly gives a flying fook in the UK and it's on at 2am so why take away say Spanish football and the likes of Barca v Real Madrid which is on later on . I can't watch NBA of NFL it bores the pubes off me, baseball is a sh!tter version of cricket World series and there's only them who enter, and as for MLS ?. Rooney's carrying more timber than me and still scoring. I'm wondering if I could get into double figures playing there or in Rooneys case, a double cheeseburger super sized

and the last one which is completely taking the slash out of us all
FOOKIN DRONE RACING , , give me strength, as my m8 said when it was on "Look at them !, the Non Sh*ggin Crew"

They lost the rights to la Liga. Eleven sports have them now I believe.💰💰

Sky Sports lose the rights to show La Liga

Sky are losing subscriptions so are losing money and are cutting content because of that. No other broadcaster wants the US sports so they are probably getting it cheap or definitely at least cheaper than the 18mill they were paying for la liga rights per season. Can only see there returns decreasing cuz no one will pay the price of sky with the crap content they have these days and the fact they are losing out on many big PL games to BT is another reason not to buy.

One thing that pissed me of is if a soccer game is on at 3pm on a Saturday they can't show it due to UK law not allowing soccer games to be shown from around 3-5 on a Saturday.

I missed a few el classicos over it 😲

Last edited:
eleven sports have stuck two fingers up at that rule lately showing at prime saturday kickoffs lol

eleven sports have stuck two fingers up at that rule lately showing at prime saturday kickoffs lol

What channel is eleven sports then?

And i'd expect to see much more US sports with comcast now owning Sky. I'd be surprised if we dont get more US tv in general tbh. Personally dont mind a bit of NFL or NBA, but horses for courses I guess.

What channel is eleven sports then?

Its not on any sly channel.
Its streaming service only now within UK.
Eleven sports holds rights now to la-liga and not on UK sat/cable feeds anymore.
From memory i think the lad that owns leeds fc owns eleven sports.

I have started enjoying USA channels recently, i think i now understand why its the most obese nation on earth. As there is adverts every 5 mins about food and takeaways.

Last edited:
It's a joke tbh , non of these sports will take off fully over here. They've been trying since the 80's with NFL and the European League system and then there's basketball ? anyone heard of it proper the teams in the UK ? netball gets better coverage.

Back