BBc's The One show - sale of Goods Act.

This is a very useful post and the documents will come in handy no doubt.

I just got a result today returning a brush cutter / strimmer.

this one from wickes

Petrol Brush Cutter - Garden Power Tools & Lawn Mowers -Gardens - Wickes

about 14 months ago.

Now it was fine using the metal blade cutter however the strimmer head is plaxtic and only lasted 10 mins of use. so i decided to return it today. It went a lttle smoother than i thought it would, however i did have to ask for the manager and i stated the sale of goods act etc. they had no problem exchanging it as a will of good gesture, i said the part will be the same and it will happen again.

a little bit of fobbing off but stuck to my guns and said i will just write letters to head office etc and got offered a full cash refund.

result :D

Dont buy this product if your looking the strimmer head is shit and defo 'NOT FIR FOR PURPOSE' ;)

I had a lot of bother with this kind of problem a few years back and i have to say they can make it very awkward for people to get wat is rightfully theirs ie money back or a replacement only advice i can say is stick with it religiously as they will try and cheese u off so that you just can't be bothered.

I actually got barred from every shop in Comet :Biggrin2: for staging an indoor protest regarding the sales of goods act 1974 as amended the as amended is very important and you are entitled to a full refund or a replacement of any goods that were bought that were not as described or faulty and not fit for use as i said stick with it as they can be very petty in trying everything to stall you from proceeding with any possible complaint.

PS they got the polis to lift me from the shop but i got let off because basically i was in the right of what i was entitled to but in there words wrong in my approach in staging a mini protest in the shop sometimes direct actions work wonders so a big :nerner: to comet

Looks like I will be using this - bought a camera from Tesco Direct under three months ago and now it won't work - zoom error!

Phoned Tesco direct and was transferred to electrical department who transferred me to Fuji who said send it back. I asked whether repair would be free and was told yes provided fault not caused by me! If I send it back, I can inagine the response I will get. I am going to take the camera back to Tesco and see if they will replace or refund me my money. I will ask nicely before I start quoting SOG act.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Surprise surprise, went to Tesco Direct and advised them that although their policy was 28 days only, my statutory rights said that if faulty within 6 months etc, guy behind counter got manager. She just kept repeating 28 days over and over so I said I would go to small claims and she said fine. Got her name and will return to see store manager with letter in case it is needed.

To be continued!

Quick update, took to a different Tesco and they exchanged it for a cheaper camera and gave me the differance back as a credit with absolutely no hassle at all.

Quick update, took to a different Tesco and they exchanged it for a cheaper camera and gave me the differance back as a credit with absolutely no hassle at all.
Don't forget to write to their head office - you might get some vouchers out of it. At worst the manager should be retrained.

Im in the process of doing this for a used car. Its a different ball game for the car trade so beware. Seems theres more protection for shifty car dealers than the consumer and they know it but I wont give up thats for sure.

Back