BBc's The One show - sale of Goods Act.

i wouldnt send it recorded m8, aint worth the paper it written on, even royal mail will tell you that.

it only signd at the end and sometime not even signd, Send it special delivery, each person who take control of the letter has to sign for it, so it royal gurentee them.

The whole point of recorded is for the signature that way they cant say they didnt recieve it and you know the exact date they did recieve it i always send letters like this recorded worth it's wieght in gold especialy if companys have a time limit to comply to.

The whole point of recorded is for the signature that way they cant say they didnt recieve it and you know the exact date they did recieve it i always send letters like this recorded worth it's wieght in gold especialy if companys have a time limit to comply to.

m8 ask anyone who works for Royal mail and they will tell you the same.

Recorded is only signed for by the recipient.

Special delivery is signed for by each postie who takes charge of it and if posted b4 5pm it gurenteed next day before 1pm.

imho and everyone at royal mail i have met and asked recorded aint worth it.

but hey its your choice

:)

m8 ask anyone who works for Royal mail and they will tell you the same.

Recorded is only signed for by the recipient.

Special delivery is signed for by each postie who takes charge of it and if posted b4 5pm it gurenteed next day before 1pm.

imho and everyone at royal mail i have met and asked recorded aint worth it.

but hey its your choice

:)

But special on a letter was a qouted to me at £5 recorded is about 89p and if it doesnt get signed for you can complain to royal mail. recorded is insured upto £35 you don't need more than that for a letter.

In my experience recorded is a pretty good service if i get somthing posted to me first class it can take anywere upto a week and a half get it sent recorded and ive always got it within 48 hours usually next day. The same when i send them.

I only ever use special if the item im sending is over £35 or it needs to be there quickly.

if the cost of running your business, and that includes, following the Sale of Goods act, is too much, then your business should fold! or, perhaps the owner should drive a Fiesta, rather than a Audi or BMW.

its not a new law! first part dates ack to the late 70's and the rest came in late 80's. the only change recently is the SIX month rule. this too retailers are lying about, claiming you need to prove an, existing, fault. if an item goes faulty in the first six month. it is "assumed" it was faulty on sale. Currys digital also claim their responsibility for goods sold is only 28 days!

so you lie. that's why these rules are made. your "people will always try to rip the retailer off" is lame, at best. what you are saying is "stuff" the law, we will do it this way. shame that wont work. perhaps you should read the sale of good act, before you state its implementation is wrong. understanding the truth, not what currys/dixons/pcworld say, might help you.

If its such a big lie like everyone is claiming then can I ask why does it clearly say when you goto Argos theres a giant poster saying we can refund or replace your faulty item if it develops a fault or if the goods are not opened/used within 28 days? Comet has the same poster... oh wait Currys and PCworld and Dixons and even my local Asda has the poster at there customer services desk.

Im sure people will be very happy to hear that even our leaflet with the terms and conditions has now quoted if you have brought an item and its under 5 years and you can proove that item was faulty within the 1st 6 months you can get it repaired/replaced free.

But isnt that the most craziest thing ever lol were gonna get some bloke buying a mouse and coming back 4 years later saying it never worked from day one and getting his money back or replacement ?! And I know since I see customers misusing this on a daily basis with laptops/pcs and goods.

This was just merely the point I was making in all my post that people are mis-using the Sale of goods act/the letter and really its an obvious case of fraud since the Law doesnt protect Retailers....

As logic_187 and shuggabug1 pointed out it would be ideal if Retailers could be protected or we can simply say right this product here we dont want it or the customer doesnt want it, so we get our money back from the manufacturer.... it dont work like that hence the problems Retailers loose thousands/millions and go bust !

Ill still stick too my guns since I work in retail and ill abide to whats been trained of me and what im told to do ie "28 day store policy" if the rules and tncs arent tougher and there not gonna protect the retailer, alot more retail stores are gonna go bust big and small imo, soon wont even have a place to shop lol

I just hope the law changes to protect retailers :)

pc world, currys and dixons are the same company. their warranties and their extended warranties areip off.

Does anyone now what the deal is with pre-owned items, in my case a 360 arcade from BlockBuster, phoned them up and they said they give a 6months warranty. Is this the norm?

Gamestation give 12months but is £10 more.

Twitter For Teens

Good forum

TeenAbout is a live updates and texting project for-teens-by-teens giving all teens around the world a safe place to keep up with friends and make new friends (Live updats, texting) without having to deal with grown-ups on other social networks. Not only can you tell other teens around the world what you are up to, you can show them using our picture uploading feature. TwoutOut about anything from hot topics, news, to updates from friends. The question of the hour is...what are you doing? Live Friends and Picture Updates For Teens, Twitter For Teens : TeensAbout.com

Linda

Twitter For Teens

Re: Twitter For Teens

Good forum

TeenAbout is a live updates and texting project for-teens-by-teens giving all teens around the world a safe place to keep up with friends and make new friends (Live updats, texting) without having to deal with grown-ups on other social networks. Not only can you tell other teens around the world what you are up to, you can show them using our picture uploading feature. TwoutOut about anything from hot topics, news, to updates from friends. The question of the hour is...what are you doing? Live Friends and Picture Updates For Teens, Twitter For Teens : TeensAbout.com

Linda

Twitter For Teens

spam off will ya pal!

Ill still stick too my guns since I work in retail and ill abide to whats been trained of me and what im told to do ie "28 day store policy" if the rules and tncs arent tougher and there not gonna protect the retailer, alot more retail stores are gonna go bust big and small imo, soon wont even have a place to shop lol

I just hope the law changes to protect retailers :)

so you see no problem with lying. and are prepared to ignore a 30 year old law. just proves what lying and thieving companies you work for. its up to you. if you wish to pick and choose the laws you follow, why then should a shop lifter not feel he can do the same? and it is the same thing! 28 days is a company policy. if you read the small print, it says "this does not affect your statutory rights". the sale of goods act ARE your statutory rights. ignore it if you wish, but you are breaking the law. making you no better than any other law breaker.

listen RP4X, i meant no offence with my last line in the above post. reading it, back, its a bit harsh on you. (i'd have done this by PM, but you aint posted enough to get em yet!). but your company, by not informing you of the "LEGAL" truth of the sale of goods act, is forcing you (or making you choose) to lie. simple as that. as for firms going bust? if, in 30 years, they have not organised themselves to accommodate the law, perhaps they should go bust.

Fair or unfair its the LAW.

Thanks, this post will defo come in handy. i could have done with this a while ago. but will be ready for them retailers next time

Didn't work for me on a 3 year old Nintendo DS from Gamestation.

Letter reads:

Thank you for your letter. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 does state that the goods should be functional for a reasonable period of time. We feel that the goods that were sold to you at the time of purchase functioned for a reasonable period of time having lasted three years. Unfortunately as a result of this we will be unwilling to replace your console.

argos are ignoring the law.. i had a laptop for ten days and it went faulty and they are refusing to change it....off to small claims we go...see what a judge thinks about them thinking they are above the law:grab:

Didn't work for me on a 3 year old Nintendo DS from Gamestation.

Letter reads:

Thank you for your letter. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 does state that the goods should be functional for a reasonable period of time. We feel that the goods that were sold to you at the time of purchase functioned for a reasonable period of time having lasted three years. Unfortunately as a result of this we will be unwilling to replace your console.

off to the small claims court....cost you 30quid...they will lose..

off to the small claims court....cost you 30quid...they will lose..

You won your case then? I ended up contacting Nintendo and they fixed it for free as it was a production fault not something I had caused... They covered the postage costs and everything even though it was 3 years after buying. There are still some nice companies out there!!

Tell us about your case??

I can't agree more with some of the posts.... Too many people are getting rich and then ignoring the customer when things don't turn out well.

Thx for the info m8

ok guys i wrote letter to a shop called quiz at the fort in glasgow
as there robbing coonts ,sent specail delivery and heard fookall from them,
so what do u do now the pr**ks ignore ur letter?

Back