barkin problem with my dog

martin.uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
aup guys got problem with my dog wen i go out hes barkin like fook, wen im out had next door on to me now had other next door on my case hes ok wen im in house, wen im home he barks wen someone knocks on door not got problem with that.
just wen i go out.
i did lock him in kitchen didnt work left him to roam bout house didnt work he tips his water bowls up to, wen i go out barks constantly
wen he was young i tried one them lecky collers to strong for him tho chucked it in bin.im propper stressed out bout this now any you guys got any ideas cant get rid of him no way had him since was 6 week old hes 3 now.

aup guys got problem with my dog wen i go out hes barkin like fook, wen im out had next door on to me now had other next door on my case hes ok wen im in house, wen im home he barks wen someone knocks on door not got problem with that.
just wen i go out.
i did lock him in kitchen didnt work left him to roam bout house didnt work he tips his water bowls up to, wen i go out barks constantly
wen he was young i tried one them lecky collers to strong for him tho chucked it in bin.im propper stressed out bout this now any you guys got any ideas cant get rid of him no way had him since was 6 week old hes 3 now.
get him something to take his mind off you he is missing you
something like this

Classic Kong Chew Treat Dog Toy | Pets at Home

my dog was the same for years new neighbour moved in next door he works in a slaughter house brings back these huge bones look like there off a dinosaur but they keep him quiet for days on end...probably no doing him any good tho!

my dog still howls when she is alone and she is 14 now, wish there had been a electric coller back when she was yonger I would have given it a try. It would probably kill her now.

No electric shocks just a spray
citronella bark collar
Amazon.co.uk: citronella collar

I just got my lab an innotek spray collar, Put it on him 2 sprays no more barking!

All i do now is put it on him when he goes out and it's silent.

He would bark when he gets put out, say for example we want to mop the floors. He would sit at the door woof woof woof woof till we let him in he doesn't anymore.

It was a last resort for us we were getting complaints etc. I can't believe how fat they work.

Don't get a shock collar they are illegal and carry a £20,000 fine if you get caught using one.

its seperation anxiety, bark collars ect..... will only make a dog thats in a bad way already worse.

it'll be getting punished for barking to add to anxiety.

wrong move.

you have to train the dog to be alone, its not a quick fix but you have to gradually build up the time its on its own while you are actually in, meaning in another room. when you leave a room close the door behind you,

dont let it follow you everywhere.

the dog gradually relises it can cope on its own and when you leave you come back quick, or so the dog thinks.

he or she gets used to the being alone while to go to make a brew ect... then when you leave the house properly it doesnt feel the need to bark.

punishing a barking dog thats left alone isnt the way to go,

it misses you, classic seperation anxiety.

I just got my lab an innotek spray collar, Put it on him 2 sprays no more barking!

All i do now is put it on him when he goes out and it's silent.

He would bark when he gets put out, say for example we want to mop the floors. He would sit at the door woof woof woof woof till we let him in he doesn't anymore.

It was a last resort for us we were getting complaints etc. I can't believe how fat they work.

Don't get a shock collar they are illegal and carry a £20,000 fine if you get caught using one.

how much are spray bottles to replace m8

When you got a dog problem, Cesar Millan is your man...

5 Tips for Handling Nuisance Barking | Cesar Millan

except thats all a barking dog where your present. barking can be down to it staking a claim in the pack as it sees it.

the ops is deffinatley seperation anxiety barking not territory or alpha male dominace barking.

it doesnt bark when hes there except the norm bark when someone knocks at the door.

i got this
i know u said u tried it but i found it a bit harsh as dog was yelping but 2 days later i just show him the collar and he hides lol

other options is to put him into kennels before and after work .,
not practical for most ,just that a m8s brother does that every morning after his neighbours complained,theres nothing worse than a yappy dog.

i got this
i know u said u tried it but i found it a bit harsh as dog was yelping but 2 days later i just show him the collar and he hides lol

other options is to put him into kennels before and after work .,
not practical for most ,just that a m8s brother does that every morning after his neighbours complained,theres nothing worse than a yappy dog.

ya...i woulnt dare go out leave one them collers on him no way

have you tried leaving a radio on when you go out..

it will give your dog something to listen to... it might work

Sorry m8 no advice for you but would like to say fair play for trying to sort out the problem,

I have three yorkies in my immediate vicinity and they spend all day and night yapping,even when their owners are at home,drives me up the feckin wall,and their owners dont give a fcuk.

i got this
A bit harsh!! thats just cruel how could you even think to inflict such pain to your PET
no wonder he hides when you show him it, the poor thing must be petrefied
An absolutely disgraceful device just like the one zad mentioned as well, they should be banned.

Last edited:
Back