barkin problem with my dog

Sorry m8 no advice for you but would like to say fair play for trying to sort out the problem,

I have three yorkies in my immediate vicinity and they spend all day and night yapping,even when their owners are at home,drives me up the feckin wall,and their owners dont give a fcuk.

I agree. You should have a look on you local council website wiz. I looked on ours once and there was a section about barking dogs.

I think you just put down the name and address of the person with the barking dogs and then the council sends them a letter and some leaflets as a first line to try to sort it out... it was all anonymous too...

A bit harsh!! thats just cruel how could you even think to inflict such pain to your PET
no wonder he hides when you show him it, the poor thing must be petrefied
An absolutely disgraceful device just like the one zad mentioned as well, they should be banned.

There RSPCA approved in china and they know there dogs

A bit harsh!! thats just cruel how could you even think to inflict such pain to your PET
no wonder he hides when you show him it, the poor thing must be petrefied
An absolutely disgraceful device just like the one zad mentioned as well, they should be banned.

Your wrong m8 imo. What would be better dog's ending up ion shelters and/or put to sleep? Or a static shock collar that after one use stops the problem?

Far too many dogs end up in shelters or put to sleep because of nuisance behaviours were all other methods have failed.

Ofc for me they would be an absolute last resort. Training should come first,then a spray collar and if that does not work static shock or even vibration collars.

On an episode of the dog whisperer a sheep dog was running in front of a tractor and had already been run over once ceaser recomended the use of a static shock collar, a couple of uses and the dog stopped.

amazon sell them 3 for about £13 but ill never need to buy a refill, like i said 2 sprays and that was it.

ya going go down that route m8 try spay see wot happends thanks for help guys been very helpful

Your wrong m8 imo. What would be better dog's ending up ion shelters and/or put to sleep? Or a static shock collar that after one use stops the problem?

Far too many dogs end up in shelters or put to sleep because of nuisance behaviours were all other methods have failed.

Ofc for me they would be an absolute last resort. Training should come first,then a spray collar and if that does not work static shock or even vibration collars.

On an episode of the dog whisperer a sheep dog was running in front of a tractor and had already been run over once ceaser recomended the use of a static shock collar, a couple of uses and the dog stopped.

I take it dog whisperer or the owners never heard of a quite marvellous and painless invention called a dog lead oh and that wonderful forethought to actually train the dog from day 1 of ownership gradually to shape it's natural behaviour so that it knows what is acceptable and what is not. It's just like parenting, but to a lesser extent. Too many people have these responsibilities be it children or pets without realizing what it takes to do the job properly so they either don't bother too much or in this case with pets opt for what can only be described as animal cruelty.

ya going go down that route m8 try spay see wot happends thanks for help guys been very helpful

I take it dog whisperer or the owners never heard of a quite marvellous and painless invention called a dog lead oh and that wonderful forethought to actually train the dog from day 1 of ownership gradually to shape it's natural behaviour so that it knows what is acceptable and what is not. It's just like parenting, but to a lesser extent. Too many people have these responsibilities be it children or pets without realizing what it takes to do the job properly so they either don't bother too much or in this case with pets opt for what can only be described as animal cruelty.

Rubbish my dog is that stupid I think he's a Celtic fan ,the only things he understands is dinner and out.
It must be wonderful to be you.

This was a sheep dog! Did you not read my post how many fecking sheep dogs can work on a lead?

Training is first and foremost your right but again as in my post exstensive training had failed!

Animal cruelty my left nut sack, it's a small shock that is over in a second. But then i suppose being killed, sent to an animal shelter, or put to sleep is much more humane?

Have you ever seen a pack of wid dogs? The ones higher up in the pack will bite the ones lower down to keep them in check. They don't go excuse me old chum but back off that's my female.

You will also note i opted for a spray collar that is approved by the aspca? As did the op following my advice.

So get off your horse and drink ya milk!

Anyone who used a shock collar is lazy or sick. Dogs bark down to lack of socialization, training or separation anxiety, shocking the dog wont help. He'll end up taking out his anxiety on something else, No doubt though you'll smack him for that as well :mad:

When hes barking out side as things get a spray bottle and fill it with water, spray him/her when there barking, they then associate the barking with getting wet, he'll soon stop.

You need to be fast though, there is no point in the dog barking, stopping and you walking down the stairs 10 mins later and giving him a spray.

Also you need to train the dog to be left alone as said elier, By leaving him in a room for a wee bit, I find that if i leave the tv on, the dog is a lot less wining/barking then if the tv is off. Start by leaving him lone in a room for 10 mins, go back in if there quite, if hes barking/wining don't even go near the door wait until he shuts up as if you go in you'll teach him to get what he wants by making a lot of noise.

If hes no longer a pup it will take a while long but im sure you'll crack it, Just google it mate there loads of good websites out there to help.

Don't what ever you do get a shock collar that's just ****ing sick.

Last edited:
Yawn ...... Total crap

That is a great reply from a moderator :thumbsup:

Perhaps you should consider making a constrictive reply. If this is also the attitude you use with your dog I'm not surprised you had to resort to medieval methods.

Last edited:
Thanks for help guys ill let you know how i get on with spray collar

This is the one i got fit's my lab and my staffy so plenty of adjustment comes with a refill and battery and issent first class recorded m8 i recieved mine in 2 days.
Innotek Anti Bark Spray Collar odourless

i took your advise got kong and that spray callar hes playing with kong now he loves it, lol going put callar on now ill let ya all know how i get on btw it came next day aswell very good site going get all my dogs stuff from there now.

i took your advise got kong and that spray callar hes playing with kong now he loves it, lol going put callar on now ill let ya all know how i get on btw it came next day aswell very good site going get all my dogs stuff from there now.

Brill looking forward to hearing your results m8.

You probabky know this already but if the collar works remember to give him/her plenty of praise for being quiet and then evetualy,hopefully you wont need to use it anymore :).

Well its good news guys i put spray callor on him he barked he propper shit it went under the table etc now hes got used to it.normally wen i put him in kitchen he barks non stop wont shut up thats wen next door start knock on my door. well my lady going out i had put him in kitchen so she can get pram out he didnt even bark at all me my lady were SHOCKED he knows now not to bark cant beleave how well hes picked up on it like diff dog .
thanks for all help guys it was really gettin me down with barking etc
i was taking it out on my lady etc thanks for ya help guys
btw you got any tips wot things they like putting in the kong toy i know you can buy kong tube stuff that put in there we tried with bit of cornbeef in there he liked it.

Well its good news guys i put spray callor on him he barked he propper shit it went under the table etc now hes got used to it.normally wen i put him in kitchen he barks non stop wont shut up thats wen next door start knock on my door. well my lady going out i had put him in kitchen so she can get pram out he didnt even bark at all me my lady were SHOCKED he knows now not to bark cant beleave how well hes picked up on it like diff dog .
thanks for all help guys it was really gettin me down with barking etc
i was taking it out on my lady etc thanks for ya help guys
btw you got any tips wot things they like putting in the kong toy i know you can buy kong tube stuff that put in there we tried with bit of cornbeef in there he liked it.

Great news martin pleased for you buddy.

For the kong i get asda smart price peanut butter and just put it inside with a butter knife till it's full keeps em busy for ages. Or you can use cheap sandwhich paste but that does not seem to last so long as peanut butter. :)

Back