Audio/video issues via ethernet

Looks like you have sorted it yourself well done. Its all part of the learning process. If I had a penny for every hour I spent trying to get a box going I would be a rich man, but again well done send the bill for your time to Technomate lol.

J

Looks like you have sorted it yourself well done. Its all part of the learning process. If I had a penny for every hour I spent trying to get a box going I would be a rich man, but again well done send the bill for your time to Technomate lol.

J

Hi mate, Well I hope that its sorted.
I ran my brother's box last night for a couple of hours with 5402 HD latest software on Astra 2 free to air channels and all seemed ok. I will patch it with phantom patch/add on etc... hopefully tonight and connect it again via lan and see what happens.
Do you think patches did not update properly when I originally set up my brother's box?
Only other thing that I can think might have been issue is that I transferred my own made up channel list from my receiver to his by usb.
I suppose we'll never know!

No it it a faulty box, I also make chanel files of my own for tm 5402 tm 6900 etc never had a problem. Everyday is a school day lol.

So do you think that I should exchange receiver, it is less than a week old?
As I said it was running fine last night when I repatched it and not cut out at all in the couple hours of viewing. Previous to that , longest receiver went before we had loss of sound/video was about half hour, most of the time it would happen much quicker than that, that why I was wondering whether it didn't patch properly in the first place.

were you watching your brothers reciever in your house last nite, and were you watching fta or using CS.

Yes, I was watching it free to air at my house with no lan connection.
As I said in my earlier posts, we were having audio/video loss etc... even on free to air channels even without lan connection too at his house, that's why I finally came to conclusion it was not a CS issue and swapped it for my box.
many thanks for your patience!

Ok when you try it at your house with lan connected lets us know what happens, did your box work all night on your brothers lan using dhcp.

Ok when you try it at your house with lan connected lets us know what happens, did your box work all night on your brothers lan using dhcp.

I spoke to my brother this morning and he tells that he had no issues last night on DHCP with my receiver.
My son has been running my brother's box at my house this morning and says it's been fine, but that's without lan connection using Techno's latest firmware only on free to air.
I'll stick Phantom's patch,add on,lan etc probably tomorrow as I am pub quizzing
tonight and feedback to you.

I think that it's finally fixed:banana:
Rang up Matt at Technomate in the end as receiver was still losing audio/video no matter what patches I was applying.
This is what he advised me to do

1-turn off from rear and disconnect LAN cable
2. Connect receiver via scart lead to television.
2-Keep pressing front standby button on the front panel and then turn on from rear and wait.
3-You will see loader menu, scrawl down to factory reset and hit ok.

Apparently this completely clears all data from receiver.

Did all, installed firmware, phantom /add on patch, reconnected by lan and touch wood I have had no problems for over two hours!!!

Sounds to me that one of the original patches did not load 100% and somehow stayed in the receiver's memory, or something like that!!

Very impressed with technical help and customer service at Technomate, I've rang them a few times in the last few days and they always have been very pleasant and patient with me.

Final update on this problem if anyone is still interested!
Had to return receiver in the end as it was still playing up. Technomate replaced circuit board and sent receiver back within two days(very impressed with service), have had it back for more than 10 days without any issues or problems:Clap:
Many thanks everyone for your help and support!

Back