Attention tm800hd owners

I think it's good the thread has been left to run as it got everything out in the open including the omission by TM that the model is obsolete. Thank you DW.

Anyone who does contact TM directly to have things 'resolved' you'll usually an get offer to buy a later model at a cheaper price or offered some kind of long term deal for loaned receivers in the future, and in either case be sworn to silence - take them up on their offer if you wish and finally get some respite but don't believe the long term support BS or whatever sweetener they decide to soak the deal in........ please post your experience on here so the world knows, even if you have to do it anonymously. Thanks

If rat carry’s on prolonging it end user will lose opportunity to enjoy using their box what is the gain for DW there will be more members/ admins /mods leaving dw as result who to blame the mighty all powerful one Rat who loves to hate tm.

There's so many quotes from this guy I could post it's unbelievable! TBH I've never really entered the TM forum much... but this muppet's mind-set is way off the fookin scale!!! Laughing at his comments BIG TIME!!!!
pmsl.gif

for a business man he is a dickhead, good way to run a company :)

and if anyone thinks dickhead is a bit strong i can think of a few more that will suit him.

Last edited:
am sure av seen a few new member's joining the last few day's. asking for help with tm products. so think all his rants about rat have back fired to stop ppl joining what is the best site in the world. so dicky :Ha: ppl will never stop joining d/w for help and the truth ;)

am sure av seen a few new member's joining the last few day's. asking for help with tm products. so think all his rants about rat have back fired to stop ppl joining what is the best site in the world. so dicky :Ha: ppl will never stop joining d/w for help and the truth ;)

well funny you say that mate, registrations are up the last few days ;)
so instead of people listening to him advising against joining it looks like they have joined for real honest advice :)

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 40
@ Pure/Darkman

thank you for putting a stop to this, I know there are other reasons for you doing this and not solely for DW or myself lol but you have put a stop to it all the same :)

your post were moderated due to the nature of the content (Im sure you can understand that) but be assured they have been noted and will be used if necessary, its surprising what you can find out when you have the correct details
Thanks

I think "that's a wrap"

;)

So it means no more images for this box therefore you either have to flock the box to someone else or take the trade in offer from Richard.

By admiting that the tm800hd is now an absolete model and there is no further support it just show that they have no consideration for their customers and what had been promissed from the very beginning was nothing but lies. The step they have taken will surely affect their future sales not to mention the competitive market that we are in these days. All in all the products brought to the market where not more than re-badged/rebranded (itgate and others) items. I dont believe that they actually produced any receivers from scratch.

It a shame to see a company of this profile to dig its on grave. Perhaps we should lend the a showel LOL.

just as well i only bought the 1000d many many years ago it was good then and still works as a fta now,for any box to succeed backup is most important if none why should others buy new models.so its bye bye tm any relation to sv :FRIGHT::Kickassro

So it means no more images for this box therefore you either have to flock the box to someone else or take the trade in offer from Richard.

By admiting that the tm800hd is now an absolete model and there is no further support it just show that they have no consideration for their customers and what had been promissed from the very beginning was nothing but lies. The step they have taken will surely affect their future sales not to mention the competitive market that we are in these days. All in all the products brought to the market where not more than re-badged/rebranded (itgate and others) items. I dont believe that they actually produced any receivers from scratch.

It a shame to see a company of this profile to dig its on grave. Perhaps we should lend the a showel LOL.

if you have an image that is working for you now then NO you dont need to sale the box!
you just wont be able to get any more out of it, like plugins etc
if you have the box just for watching payserver channels and epg then the box will be fine if your happy with it now

Indeed, if your requirement is just basic watching tv and epg you maybe ok. If the box suits your needs keep it.

At least it is now clear and out in the open that fault fixes or a complete image are not going to be forthcoming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

On another forum, he has been asked to make the source code available for people to give it a go. Let's hope that this materialises.

On another forum, he has been asked to make the source code available for people to give it a go. Let's hope that this materialises.

I'm sure that code was in the wild ages ago,although it's probably changed a bit since then, hopefully :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure that code was in the wild ages ago,although it's probably changed a bit since then, hopefully :)

patch/scripts for compiling are available but it's the proper low level code for drivers etc that is needed for some genius to sort things out properly.

patch/scripts for compiling are available but it's the proper low level code for drivers etc that is needed for some genius to sort things out properly.

Believe me I know I seen the early sources, but I don't think you will get access to drivers so it will probably be another futile exercise

i still have the old svn that the last available 8-11-11 (i think it was) iQ image was created from on an old laptop, over the next week ill dig it out, compress the whole lot and upload it (which im sure ive done before, ill check through my ftp accounts tonight)

but, the main issue that all of us who looked into fixing things before (im sure Jimux etc will agree) is that the main problems were within closed packages within the sources, like driver files etc, which TM / iQ also claimed to have ZERO control over

digidude after doing a bit of research on the nxp processor I came accross someones linked in profile who used to work for Philips nxp semiconductors and one of his roles in the past was to get the linux ported for this processor and he did achieved this by using mountvista as an embedded linux distro. Would it be possible that this distro contains the packages need to compile a good image.

Back