Atmega card probs

can you confirm that infinitity usb programer will do this cause mine hasn't updatethanks hairy

Just load redneck8b into your flash memory and write.
If you had tv before it will work

Andy.

yes andy it's been fine but it's saying that the smart card you have inserted dos'nt match the box ,it was saying that before i have played around with the card ,also tryed atmega 163 card and fun ????? i'm puzzled now
if you can help that would be great.
is it possable that the box may need updating or not
hairy

yes andy it's been fine but it's saying that the smart card you have inserted dos'nt match the box ,it was saying that before i have played around with the card ,also tryed atmega 163 card and fun ????? i'm puzzled now
if you can help that would be great.
is it possable that the box may need updating or not
hairy

Def the redneck8b flash hex and not the redneck8?

What area you in?
If you cant do it pm your ird and bk plus email and will make you a new external eeprom.

Andy.

Def the redneck8b flash hex and not the redneck8?

What area you in?
If you cant do it pm your ird and bk plus email and will make you a new external eeprom.

Andy.

yip redneck8b i'm in the ne area which is tw but now it's coming up with your card may not be inserted properly you may not be able to veiw some channels
hairy
p.s i'll send then to you anyway

hi Guys
i am having the same problem,i done 2 cards with the redneck8b,they worked fine.took about 5 minutes to update.
i am trying to do another card and it wont work.puzzled any ideas pure,ntl Glasgow.

hi Guys
i am having the same problem,i done 2 cards with the redneck8b,they worked fine.took about 5 minutes to update.
i am trying to do another card and it wont work.puzzled any ideas pure,ntl Glasgow.

Few people having problems but not certain why.
If you have a working Atmega stick it in your programmer and read the external eeprom and load the image in nagra edit and put new details in from the none working box.
All you lose from other card is the flash.
Just rewrite the flash memory with the redfneck8b hex flash.
You should then have both boxes fixed.

Andy.

Few people having problems but not certain why.
If you have a working Atmega stick it in your programmer and read the external eeprom and load the image in nagra edit and put new details in from the none working box.
All you lose from other card is the flash.
Just rewrite the flash memory with the redfneck8b hex flash.
You should then have both boxes fixed.

Andy.

I am still getting the error with my ATMega card, carn not inserted (Mute err). I am using Redfneck8b.

I am still getting the error with my ATMega card, carn not inserted (Mute err). I am using Redfneck8b.

I know for a fact that the Pure C/W and Telewest Redneck8b all work fine so it must be your image or you aint programmed it right or a problem with your box.
Have you a spare box to test the image and flash on?
Another thing is if you have a spare box read the external off the card and edit it with new box details.This does wipe the flash though so will need to be done afterwards.

Andy

I know for a fact that the Pure C/W and Telewest Redneck8b all work fine so it must be your image or you aint programmed it right or a problem with your box.
Have you a spare box to test the image and flash on?
Another thing is if you have a spare box read the external off the card and edit it with new box details.This does wipe the flash though so will need to be done afterwards.

Andy

Hi andy,

I created the image from a Rom11 image and then used that. My mate is in a TW area and I am having the same issue with him. We tried another card on his box and it worked even tried another proggie with the card that didn't work and still get the mute err.

So it looks like the card that is the issue.

Hi andy,

I created the image from a Rom11 image and then used that. My mate is in a TW area and I am having the same issue with him. We tried another card on his box and it worked even tried another proggie with the card that didn't work and still get the mute err.

So it looks like the card that is the issue.

Cant you use a card from a spare box and test it in the problem box and see if it works.
The cards are not bullet proof and do break down.
If they erase its a good sign unless the proggy is goosed.

Andy

Cant you use a card from a spare box and test it in the problem box and see if it works.
The cards are not bullet proof and do break down.
If they erase its a good sign unless the proggy is goosed.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have tried a MOSC card and it works.

I have tried another ATMega card in another box and it also fails.

I have programmed another type of ATMega and it works but all the ATMega cards with girls head on it fail with the Mute Err.

Hi Andy,

I have tried a MOSC card and it works.

I have tried another ATMega card in another box and it also fails.

I have programmed another type of ATMega and it works but all the ATMega cards with girls head on it fail with the Mute Err.

The image your creating is the file to big for the chip on the card?

Think my atmega is the 163 and is working fine.

From what ive done with a few people lately the cam id is important and is not always the correct one for your area.
So if you have a working fun or atmega card read the external eeprom and save the cam id details for use on other cards.
Dont ask me why but this is an issue with some cards.

Andy

The image your creating is the file to big for the chip on the card?

Think my atmega is the 163 and is working fine.

From what ive done with a few people lately the cam id is important and is not always the correct one for your area.
So if you have a working fun or atmega card read the external eeprom and save the cam id details for use on other cards.
Dont ask me why but this is an issue with some cards.

Andy

Just tried the cam id details, done card with toxic, exactly same procedure and get card not inserted error.......:FRIGHT:

Just tried the cam id details, done card with toxic, exactly same procedure and get card not inserted error.......:FRIGHT:

Joking did you create the toxic image exactly the same way as before with the V box cam id?
Try that rom 11 image again.

Andy.

Yep exactly the same, not good matey, this 4001 has 2 slots the other one so there is a difference i suppose ????

Yep exactly the same, not good matey, this 4001 has 2 slots the other one so there is a difference i suppose ????

Cant remember which slot but only one that works.
Hopefully it will update or my theory is tits up.

Andy.

Back