Arsenal V Liverpool game

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well well well i cannot believe we threw away a win.

Our defence was a pile af shit, and that is putting it mildly....how can you buckle with a few minutes to go. As good as Gibbs has been, his inexperince showed yesterday..... then there was that waste of space silvestre, Toure and Sagna also had a serious off key game....dont get me started on denilson......bendtner LOL ........ the list goes on LOL....obviously the only exception was mr Arshevan, can he hit the ball and with conviction :)

This game reminded me of the totenham game but in fairness this game Liverpool had more possession and attack.....we are normally very good at keeping possesion what the **** happened yesterday???? most of our team was very quiet and making shitty school boy errors.

how many liverpool fans thought they had lost after the 4th arsenal goal? i knew liverpool were going to score, simply because we gave away pure shit goals previously and couldnt keep possession.

for the neutral it must have been a good game.......Liverpool must have felt hard done by all the possesion and pressure they asserted......i felt we lost yetserday, the same as earlier in the season when totenham drew against us.......but i guess a draw is a fair result.

Defensively both teams were not good...especially the defensive mistakes arsenal were making you knew that when the massive 5 minutes of extra time went up Liverpool had not lost yet

Its good been scottish when your sitting back watching the premiership as a neutral,there has been some crackin games especially over the last couple of weeks,keep these goal fests comming i say, beats watching the spl any day.

was a cracking game for the neutral! I was gutted Lpool only got a draw tbh. A thought we were the better side throughout but got caught out on the break too many times. It looked like Liverpool had thrown it away when they got their fourth.... I still cant believe arsenal scored four!??? Reina didnt even make a save did he? Think all he did all night was pick the ball out of the net!! :)

was a cracking game for the neutral! I was gutted Lpool only got a draw tbh. A thought we were the better side throughout but got caught out on the break too many times. It looked like Liverpool had thrown it away when they got their fourth.... I still cant believe arsenal scored four!??? Reina didnt even make a save did he? Think all he did all night was pick the ball out of the net!! :)

We only got caught on the break for 1 of the goals, the other 3 were stupid individual errors!!!

Arseshavings first goal - Mascherano dwelling on the ball just outside the box

Arseshavings second goal - Arbeloa dwelling on the ball leads to hims to smashing it home (what a finish btw!)

Arseshavings third goal - Aurelio with a hurrendous clearence right into the path of Arseshavings and he slotted it home (maybe Reina could've done better...?)

If the above didn't happen then who knows it probably would've been a different score line.

Not getting stuck on the negatives of yesterdays match, it was a cracking game of football with some good attacking play!!

arshavin's finishing was just clinical! if he was playing for lpool and had the chances they had in the 1st half, the game would been well and truly over at half time...

LoL if he can keep this up then Arshavin will probably be the best signing in the premier league this season

overall liverpool were the better side. If liverpool hadnt sustained the pressure/attacking for long periods i dont think they would have scored as much and conceeded that much as the team would have been compact....and personally i think they woulud have beat us (its been tried and tested).....But because they were pushing hard (sounds a bit sexual LOL) for long periods it left holes :)Moon: ask Dutcho about holes he knows LOL ) which were exploited.

its a fine line between attack and defence. I know we have have lost the balance, going forward we can hold our own but defensively we are no way as good as we used to be. Look at arsenal, how many times have we been caught out by committing way too much going forward.......FFS our defenders are always trying there hands at being a striker :) LOL.

Last edited:
Damn Liverpool are the most exciting team in the league ahead of even the Gooners.

What a great game, well done to both of the teams and their managers for putting on such an incredible show for the neutrals.

attack attack attack..............

5 minutes extra,where did that come from,they must of payed the ref :Laugh:

ur not wrong there mate- was very suprised at the time added on. 'Sir' Alex has been doing it for years tho, so if ya cant beat them join them :)

turned out to be actually over 6 minutes of extra time in the end

I saw Wenger pointing to his watch ala Fergie style, it was in case they were losing. :salute:

Sump

now ive had time to think about it and my throat is not soar from shouting

1 yes it was a good game offensively for both teams
2 yes it was poor defensively for both teams
3 yes it was a bloody good game for manure fans and neutrals
4 yes it was a great advert for the premiership and sky

BUT

as an arsenal fan it was disappointing to only get a draw, i know we had 4 shots at goal and no corners all game and basically we were battered for most of the game but at 94 minutes being 4-3 up i felt we had ridden our luck and we were due a flukey win.......

this game was so reminiscent of the game against the spuds where we dropped 2 points in a 4-4 again with them scoring in the 95 minute.....

my last comment would be if Bendtner was a racehorse i am sure the vet would have been called and he and we would have been put out of our misery

TOO ALL MY FELLOW GOONERS - I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT ARSHAVIN LMAO ROFL

Oh yes I am starting to WISH I never made that bendtner post lol... every time he plays I get a phone call at half time saying how stupid I am from my brother lol.

What a game that was, it felt after, like I was 20 lines of cocaine.

5 minutes of extra time that turned out to be 6 and a half lol, you could have an investigation on that one because I cannot remember an injury ?

I think we started the first half very well and gave them a bit of a game... They had plenty of shots but nothing really that made fabianski do much work, lucky enough lol.

Do not forget gooners we was missing van persy, adebayor, clichy, gallas, almunia and they are top class players except adebayor lol.

We had the best defensive record in the premiership (since christmas) until the villa real game where we seemed to get smashed by injuries!

Arshavin is a top top signing and will only get beter and TODAY said he will stay at arsenal for the rest of his carea (proof in the pudding lol... henry said the same ;))

On to liverfools lol... they was amazing and showed allot of charactor and never give in till the last minute, But it looked like you tired a little in the end and we had allot of space and if not for denilsons passing we could of took it out of reach!

If wenger buys a top top centre half and a propper striker we can beat anyone!

Mickie

its the defensive aspect of the game which arsenal cannot play, we really do need a top centre back.

TOO ALL MY FELLOW GOONERS - I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT ARSHAVIN LMAO ROFL

Oh yes I am starting to WISH I never made that bendtner post lol... every time he plays I get a phone call at half time saying how stupid I am from my brother lol.

What a game that was, it felt after, like I was 20 lines of cocaine.

5 minutes of extra time that turned out to be 6 and a half lol, you could have an investigation on that one because I cannot remember an injury ?

I think we started the first half very well and gave them a bit of a game... They had plenty of shots but nothing really that made fabianski do much work, lucky enough lol.

Do not forget gooners we was missing van persy, adebayor, clichy, gallas, almunia and they are top class players except adebayor lol.

We had the best defensive record in the premiership (since christmas) until the villa real game where we seemed to get smashed by injuries!

Arshavin is a top top signing and will only get beter and TODAY said he will stay at arsenal for the rest of his carea (proof in the pudding lol... henry said the same ;))

On to liverfools lol... they was amazing and showed allot of charactor and never give in till the last minute, But it looked like you tired a little in the end and we had allot of space and if not for denilsons passing we could of took it out of reach!

If wenger buys a top top centre half and a propper striker we can beat anyone!

Mickie

5 minute was about right mickie, remember that there was 6 goals in the second half before the board went up, plus substitutions.
I think the guidelines is something like 30 secs a goal (might even be a minute) and 30 secs for each sub (pretty sure thats right) .
Dont think your right about your keeper not having to do much, he made some pretty good saves first and second half and looked pretty solid, cant really blame him for any of the goals.

It was a great game for the neutral, I would guess both sets of fans quite gutted (i am) .
On the plus side for us though, what a game benayoun had, he was absolutely outstanding, he has really impressed me this season and stepped into Gerrards position for this game like a man possessed.

Last edited:
Back