are these capacitors blown

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
mate Samsung 2032MW TV doesnt switch on no lights nothing, power cable is working as worked in another monitor

I have taken it apart and noticed one of the capacitors has a slight bulge at the top .. so not sure if they have blown

I have attached some pics, so someone who is an expert confirm from the pic if my assumption is correct

mate Samsung 2032MW TV doesnt switch on no lights nothing, power cable is working as worked in another monitor

I have taken it apart and noticed one of the capacitors has a slight bulge at the top .. so not sure if they have blown

I have attached some pics, so someone who is an expert confirm from the pic if my assumption is correct

I'm not an expert, but they are definately bulged capacitors. Infact they look burst

I'm not an expert, but they are definately bulged capacitors. Infact they look burst

yeah at top they are bulged

They are 820Mf 25v capacitors - wheres best place to source them, and I guess should cost a few quid to buy em.

in the old cable boxes they had a cap problem,and people said they needed upgrading so as to not happen again.maplins were mentioned

after checking the capacitors they are marked as

820uf
105c
25v

checked maplins and can get them for a few quid, however does it matter what ripple current I buy ?

also anyone here willing to solder these onto board for me, as I cant solder.

after checking the capacitors they are marked as

820uf
105c
25v

checked maplins and can get them for a few quid, however does it matter what ripple current I buy ?

also anyone here willing to solder these onto board for me, as I cant solder.

Get ones that can withstand greater ripple current. Got a link and I'll have a look.

It's a single sided board, you should be able to do the soldering. Maybe with a little practice on some scrap first.

Not critical but are they the same size and pitch?

the link I sent diameter is correct but height is 25mm where as the ones on the board are 20mm in height

Last edited:
is there a + and - side also worth a note as you dont want to do it wrong

I would normally suggest testing the 2 onboard fuses first but C110 and C113 are well known for causing a dead set in this particular model.

cant see any fuses on the board

I have sourced the capacitors but now need to get them soldered on, problem is I cant solder at all .. so was wondering any kind sole here can solder them for me ?

Apply some solder to the iron and use that to heat up the solder on each cap leg and once the solder melts pull the caps off the board ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't push the iron tip into the board though. That's how you damage tracks.

cant see any fuses on the board

I have sourced the capacitors but now need to get them soldered on, problem is I cant solder at all .. so was wondering any kind sole here can solder them for me ?
I've marked the fuses mate but as I said the caps are a known cause of your problem.

Hi Guys,
Just going to hi-jack a thread here if you dont mind. I am new here and came across the site looking for issues related to the 2032mw TV, has worked great as a PC monitor for a couple years. Suddenly, just died. I have replaced the capacitors, C301, C302, C113, C110 and C112. Both fuses have continuity.
All I get is the standby LED/power switch on constantly. Measuring 13 volts out of hte PSU into the processor card.
Would really like to get this thing going again, been a great monitor.

Back