are bootloaders included in an image

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
mate has got a DM800Pro (the new one with the latest tuner and SIM 2.01) and given me the task of setting it up

as I use OpenPLI on my DM500 I would prefer to use this image

do these images come with the bootloader within the image, how can I tell this .. as I dont want to get the CA Error

any pointers much appreciated

If a new image requires a later bootloader it is usually included in the image.

Otherwise the bootloader can be installed seperately

If a new image requires a later bootloader it is usually included in the image.

Otherwise the bootloader can be installed seperately

anyway to tell if bootloader is within the image like file size, if not then is it easy to find the bootloader file.

Your image file name will be something like the following

sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800

from that file name you can tell it is for sim201 and has the bootloader 76c - then the name and box its for

unofficial dream elite image is good on the dm800

mate has got a DM800Pro (the new one with the latest tuner and SIM 2.01) and given me the task of setting it up

as I use OpenPLI on my DM500 I would prefer to use this image

do these images come with the bootloader within the image, how can I tell this .. as I dont want to get the CA Error

any pointers much appreciated

Just be weary what sim comes with the box as a few have this estar sim and if the image hasnt been sorted with the estar program your liable to get the No Ca Found even if you think its the correct image and bootloader for your box.

Andy.

I took the lid of my dm800hd to check what sim was installed. Is quiet easy if your careful but i found i also had to pop the front panel off to get to the sim holder. Mine is a white sim with a bit of a blob at the top. Printed on the sim was Dream 2.01 Inside. I flashed the unofficial dream elite bh v1.33 image that has the bootloader included & all was succsesful.

regards

Steve....

I took the lid of my dm800hd to check what sim was installed. Is quiet easy if your careful but i found i also had to pop the front panel off to get to the sim holder. Mine is a white sim with a bit of a blob at the top. Printed on the sim was Dream 2.01 Inside. I flashed the unofficial dream elite bh v1.33 image that has the bootloader included & all was succsesful.

regards

once you get it all sorted use fergals instrutions to back it up
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:

regards

Steve....

You have SIM 2.01 in that case, DreamElite Phoenix already has SSL 76C for SIM2.01 included so you didnt need to seperately flash the bootloader.

Good job you checked first though, if you had Ferarri SIM or ESTAR and flashed that image without the Ferarri bootlaoder being applied afterwards, or using the ESTAR conversion software you could have bricked your box.

Yes, i checked as much as i could before flashing an image. I read here that these boxes are very easy to brick, nd at a cost of around 150 pound was worth the extra effort opening her up and checking out the insides.

ps i followed the very good setup guied for dm800hd setup that is stickyed here in the forums.. I would urge anybody setting up there 800 for the first time to give this a read....

Back