iPhone Anyone used Gevey Sim to unlock iphone 4

plax

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to know if anyone used Gevey Sim to unlock iphone 4, and if it worked,

Yeah it does work but its a bit of a pain trying to get everything working

Had to spend a lot of time getting things like visual voicemail and facetime working. I got it all working in the end but was a big hassle trying to figure it out

Had to spend a lot of time getting things like visual voicemail and facetime working. I got it all working in the end but was a big hassle trying to figure it out
how did you fix it

The easiest way to fix it is to jailbreak the phone, ssh into it and copy and overright the carrier.plist from your network over the unknown carrier plist. I'm out and about at the moment I'll edit with the exact locations later on

Can't find the edit button!
The carrier bundles are found under /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles so you find the one for your network, copy the file carrier.plist then paste it inside the unknown carrier folder overwriting the one thats in there. Might be a good idea to back it up incase you want to go back to original. You should then find that all the apn details are filled in correctly and any missing fields in my case visual voicemail are there also. I also found it best to activate facetime first in the phone settings before doing this as mine was stuck on waiting for activation. Hope this saves you the agro I went through getting it to work

Back