YouTube Ads.

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
These extended YouTube ads are really getting on my tits now. They're getting even longer now before you can skip them.

AdBlocker used to do the job, but now it just slows everything down and makes things almost unwatchable, and the blocker that alimac linked to a few months back is now wanting paid after a trial period.

Has anyone found anything else to nuke them?

These extended YouTube ads are really getting on my tits now. They're getting even longer now before you can skip them.

AdBlocker used to do the job, but now it just slows everything down and makes things almost unwatchable, and the blocker that alimac linked to a few months back is now wanting paid after a trial period.

Has anyone found anything else to nuke them?
I run Smart YouTube on my android box and works great tbh.
Free so far.

I get no ads with chrome and ublock origin. If it's Android you could try Newpipe which alimac posted HERE, it's adfree but it won't go fullscreen on my android box. Maybe it's for phone use. @nara

Last edited:
Smartube works perfectly on my firestick and phone

Once the ad starts press the fast forward button on the ad which will take you to another ad, at which point you should press the back button on your screen this will take you to the start of the You Tube feature that you wanted to watch. Little bit of a faff but better than having to watch those bloody long ads.

I get no ads with chrome and ublock origin. If it's Android you could try Newpipe which alimac posted HERE, it's adfree but it won't go fullscreen on my android box. Maybe it's for phone use. @nara
Smart tube goes full screen on an Android box. It also updates.

Back